- Size (LWH): 7.68 inches, 5.5 inches, 2.13 inches
- Weight: 0 ounces
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Nokia E5-00 Unlocked GSM Phone with Easy Email Setup, IM, QWERTY, 5 MP Camera, Ovi Store with Apps, and Free Ovi Maps Navigation (White)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Unlocked quad-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 frequencies and US/International 3G compatibility via 850/1900/2100 UMTS/HSDPA plus GPRS/EDGE capabilities
- 3G-enabled messaging phone with full QWERTY keyboard; push e-mail and calendars via Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes Traveler
- GPS with free Ovi Maps navigation; 5-megapixel camera/camcorder; Wi-Fi networking; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion
- Up to 5.5 hours of 3G talk time, up to 705 hours (29+ days) of standby time; released in August, 2010
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, connectivity cable, wired stereo headset, user guide
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Great for mobile messaging as well as providing excellent voice communications, the Symbian-based Nokia E5-00 unlocked mobile phone follows the successful blueprint of devices such as the Nokia E72 and Nokia E63. It combines high-quality business features--such as synchronization of contacts and e-mail with Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Notes Traveler environments--with all of the personal networking and entertainment capabilities that a busy professional expects from a smartphone. The E5 also provides access to social networks directly on the homescreen, enabling you to view, comment, and update your status and share pictures to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
Designed for those that want to be productive in
both their professional and personal lives.
You'll stay on track thanks to the integrated GPS with free Ovi Maps Navigation for voice-guided directions, and you can find nearby restaurants, landmarks, events and other points of interest as you travel from place to place. Keep on top of your emails from your phone or computer using the free Ovi Mail service, and discover and download apps and games via the pre-loaded Ovi Store. You'll also be able to sync, store, and manage your documents and files remotely with Ovi Files.
The Nokia C6 comes with a pre-loaded 2 GB microSD memory card that includes Ovi Maps data for the US, Ovi Suite, and bonus content--no need to download anything from the Web or discs. And you can add more memory via optional microSD memory cards up to 16 GB in size.
Type a quick email, SMS or note using the full QWERTY keyboard--built for fast, efficient messaging--and see everything clearly on the 2.36-inch widescreen display. Other features include Wi-Fi networking, 5-megapixel digital camera with DVD-quality video capture, Web browser with RSS feed support, multi-format digital media player, personal organizer tools, and up to 5.5 hours of 3G talk time (18.5 hours on standard GSM networks).
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
When paired with a compatible 3G network, you'll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services--from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming, and take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas not served by a 3G network, you'll continue to receive data service via EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
Stay on top of all your communications: from instant messaging and corporate e-mail to Twitter and Facebook (see larger image).
- Fast 3G connectivity with broadband-like speeds via 850/1900/2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA (with EDGE data connectivity where 3G not available).
- Integrated assisted GPS (A-GPS) receiver with free Ovi Maps enables you to find your route quickly and easily, whether walking or driving. Use the Walk pedestrian navigation to find your way, or the voice-guided Drive navigation to find the best route. (Learn more)
- 2.36-inch LCD screen (320 x 240 pixels, 256K color depth)
- Full QWERTY keyboard with dedicated home and messaging keys; five-way Navi key with soft keys, call and end keys.
- Symbian OS version v. 9.3 (S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2)
- See and share your Facebook and Twitter feeds from friends and colleagues right from your homescreen
- 5-megapixel camera with 3x digital zoom, LED flash, multiple scene, white balance, and capture modes (such as panorama), and still image editor
- Video capture capabilities with VGA resolution (640 x 480) at 15 frames per second (fps)
- Digital audio/video player with compatibility for MP3, WMA, and AAC/eAAC+ audio formats, plus MP4 and 3GPP video formats
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- 256 MB internal memory
- Included 2 GB microSD memory card with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- SMS and MMS messaging with common inbox
- Instant messaging via AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Live, and Google Talk
- Corporate e-mail connectivity via Mail for Exchange and IBM Lotus Notes Traveler
- Access to personal e-mail via Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Windows Live, Hotmail, and other popular POP/IMAP services. Easy Ovi Mail free email account creation directly from phone.
- Nokia Web Browser (OSS) with Mini Map, Web feeds support (RSS) and xSP framework support
- Pre-loaded applications include Quick Office Suite, PDF reader, ZIP (for compressed files), and Dictionary
- Organizer tools including calendar, to-do list, notes, active notes, recorder, calculator, clock, and converter
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB 2.0 port
The Nokia E5-00 weighs 4.4 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.3 x 0.5 inches. Its 1200 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.5 hours of talk time on 3G networks (18.5 hours on standard GMS networks), and up to 705 hours (29+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, plus 850/1900/2100 3G networks (HSDPA).
What's in the Box
Nokia E5-00 handset, rechargeable battery (BL-4D), charger (AC-8), 2 GB microSD card, connectivity cable (CA-101D), wired stereo headset (WH-102), user guide
Nokia now offers its Ovi Maps walk and drive navigation application free across the globe. Drivers receive turn-by-turn voice guidance including lane assistance, traffic information (in 10 countries including the U.S.), and safety camera and speed warnings, while pedestrians will be guided on shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones in over 100 cities across the globe. And unlike other mobile navigation mapping solutions, Ovi Maps works offline--no cellular service is required.
Lonely Planet guide.
With the new Ovi Maps for mobile you get for free:
- Maps for over 180 countries and free map updates
- Drive and Walk navigation available in over 70 countries with real-time voice guidance
- My Position enables you to find your current location easier and faster than ever.
- New one box search for quicker access to finding places and addresses.
- Save your favorite places and routes, then synchronize them with your Ovi account over the air.
- Car navigation with voice and visual instructions, lane assistance and speed limit information. Now also with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Pedestrian navigation with routing through pedestrian zones and shortcuts, pathways through parks and buildings, stairways and plazas. Now with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Get real-time weather information including a 5-day forecast, for your current or any location found via search.
- Lonely Planet and Michelin offer you dynamic access to the best and most relevant editorial travel content for over 1000 destinations. Find thousands of listings for sights, restaurants, hotels, shops, nightlife, and more. Look these places up on the map and get to them with Walk and Drive navigation.
- Discover the events happening nearby your location on the map or any place found via search.
- Share your location on Facebook--where you are, what you are up to and finish with a photo.
The new version of Ovi Maps comes with all the maps and high-end, car grade navigation features you need for free and is yours to keep for the life of the smartphone. No additional licenses needed for extra countries, regions or services like traffic information or city guides. Data charges from network operators may apply.Voice Guidance and Traffic Information
Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation comes free for both drivers and pedestrians. For drivers this includes lane assistance, traffic information, safety camera, and speed warnings. For pedestrians, this includes shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones for over 100 cities around the world as well as 6,000 3D landmarks in over 200 cities to help you find exactly where you are.Unique Hybrid Technology
Ovi Maps is built on an advanced technology called hybrid vector maps. Vector maps are high quality but less data intensive and allow you to continue to navigate even if you lose your network connection. This means that maps downloaded or updated across a network connection are about half the size of bulky bitmaps used by other mobile map providers. The hybrid technology ensures that, unlike other providers, any downloaded map data is stored on the device for future use.No Network Connection Required When Navigating
Avoid expensive, battery-draining network connections with Nokia's unique hybrid technology. Maps can be pre-loaded on to your Nokia smartphone so you can set Ovi Maps to offline mode, saving battery power, and the navigation system will still work. This is particularly useful for those worried about data connection costs when travelling abroad or when you are travelling through areas with little or no network coverage.Best Global Coverage
You take your mobile with you wherever you go in the world so, as standard, voice guided navigation for both pedestrians and drivers is available for 74 countries in 46 different languages and there are maps for over 180 countries. This gives you the best maps with the largest global coverage for free.
Top Customer Reviews
Also, the assisted GPS computes your position faster than E72. I can say this because I did a simple benchmark between them. E5 took less than 10 secs, E72 more than 3 minutes.
The keyboard, although similar in size and key distribution, is more comfortable, I guess it is due to an improved key shape and they are slighly wider, which is very noticeable when writing.
The camera is 5MP, I guess is the same. I have to say that comparing only pixels in cámeras is like comparing food only with calories or cars with hp. There are more things to evaluate.
The construction.... well, I don't know why people complain a lot about plastic construction since it's very similar to that of the E72, all plastic but the battery cover, made of stainless steel, which gives a nice feeling. Ok, it is not fron a casting as the E71 but that doesn't mean it has a weak built, it feels rock solid and less suceptible to be damaged since it weights less and then less energy is needed to be absorbed, thus less prone to be damaged.
In general conclusion it's a great phone, with less features like the secondary camera, which I never use, but it costs less and IT HAS improvements learned from the very unstable E72.
Where this device pays for itself is with the navagation. Its free for the life of the hand set.
For an unlocked price this device wins my heart.
Very good call quality.
Very good keyboard. Can accurately thumb type fast enough to make texting & email practical.
Syncs reliably to Mac via iSync plug-in.
Syncs reliably to Nokia Ovi Suite on Win7.
Nokia email app good for most users. For those with quirky email needs, ProfiMail from LonelyCatGames is great.
Nokia browser is pretty good, but with the memory available on the phone Opera Mobile browser is a must have.
Nokia chat app is very good.
FM radio and the Radio app work great.
Battery life is really good. However, once it gets drained to some unknown point, it seems to die pretty soon after.
Screen is a bit small for me since I came from a E61 and XM5800. It is quite readable and fairly bright.
Only four stars because of the need to install a 3rd-part shell/task/app manager (HandyShell in my case) and the lack of depth in apps at the Nokia Ovi Store and the fading support for Symbian S60 in general.
So, the phone has buttons and does not have touchscreen!! YAY!! (This is HUGE in my book!) Overall, I think I like this phone. I really loved my old phone so it was difficult accepting a new one but as I've gotten used to it, I do like it. It has great reception. It's fast.... text messages go out quickly, wifi is quick. I do like the GPS feature that comes with the phone, especially since you don't need internet to use it. I must warn everyone that the phone will need updates and FYI, updating the GPS maps can take a VERY long time. I started the process at work and had to leave my phone at work overnight because after 6 hours, the map updates were only about 50% complete.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Item never worked properly. Locks frequently. No assistance from seller.Published 9 months ago by Serpentine
i bought this for some one special an all that she needed in a cell phone was what this phone had to offer.it indeed is a wonderful cell phonePublished 19 months ago by Jude