- Size (LWH): 6.5 inches, 1.81 inches, 3.54 inches
- Weight: 5.28 ounces
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 11 hours
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 400 hours
Nokia C6 Unlocked GSM Phone with Easy E-mail Setup, Side-Sliding Touchscreen, QWERTY, 5 MP Camera, and Free Ovi Maps Navigation (White)
|Price:||$49.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Unlocked quad-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 frequencies and US/International 3G compatibility via 850/900/1900/2100 UMTS/HSDPA plus GPRS/EDGE capabilities
- 3G-enabled messaging phone with 3.2-inch touchscreen, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and quick access to messaging, e-mail, and social networks
- 5-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion to 16 GB; GPS with free Ovi Maps Navigation voice-guided directions
- Up to 5 hours of 3G talk time, up to 384 hours (16 days) of standby time; released in July, 2010
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, compact travel charger, 2 GB microSD memory card stereo headset, connectivity cable
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Nokia C6 Unlocked GSM Phone with Easy E-mail Setup, Side-Sliding Touchscreen, QWERTY, 5 MP Camera, and Free Ovi Maps Navigation (White)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$4.79||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Detroit Packing Co.||Amazon.com||BDSJ Tech Inc||Quality To Your Door||BDSJ Tech Inc||Mobile Top Deal|
|Camera Description||—||5 MP||5 MP||5 MP||5 MP||2 MP|
|Screen Size||3.2 in||5 in||2.4 in||4 in||2.44 in||2.4 in|
|Item Dimensions||1.81 x 6.5 x 3.54 in||2.8 x 5.7 x 0.3 in||0.43 x 2.36 x 4.29 in||0.39 x 2.52 x 4.72 in||2.36 x 0.43 x 4.29 in||0.46 x 1.88 x 3.5 in|
|Item Weight||5.3 ounces||3.32 ounces||3.36 ounces||4.37 ounces||3.49 ounces||1.92 ounces|
|Operating System||nokia symbian||Android||Blackberry||Microsoft Windows||BlackBerry OS 7.0||Android|
Constantly stay in the loop and in the know with all of your closest family and friends with the Nokia C6. This sleek, stylish device features an impressive touchscreen display that slides back to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard for easy typing and messaging. With a customizable home screen and easy access to messaging on the go, the Nokia C6 stands out as a convenient, fun-to-use device designed to help you stay connected with everyone in your life. Get your hands on the large 3.2-inch HD touchscreen display that makes the Nokia C6 simple to navigate and a blast to operate. The customizable home screen helps you keep all your favorite contacts, apps and more all in one place for quick, one-touch access to the features you use most. Plus, with thousands of available apps, games, videos and more from Ovi Store, the possibilities for customization are almost endless. Sliding the touchscreen sideways reveals a full QWERTY keyboard to allow for fast and accurate typing whether messaging or surfing the web. Connect to those who matter most to you with social networking on the Nokia C6. Put your favorite social networks directly on your home screen, so you can always see what your friends are up to. For a more in-depth experience, access to your favorite social networks is just one touch away. Update your status, comment on your friends and family, or take pics with the 5 megapixel camera and share them on Facebook, MySpace, Flickr and Ovi Share. Then use preloaded Ovi Maps with free voice-guided navigation to get anywhere you need to go, then share your location on Facebook so your friends can meet up with you. Experience messaging made easy with home screen widgets to help seamlessly set up email and IM accounts. Several popular email (like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Ovi Mail and more) and IM services (including Yahoo, Google, ICQ and more) are supported. Reach out and touch everyone today with the Nokia C6.
Great for mobile messaging and social networking as well as providing excellent voice communications, the Symbian-based Nokia C6 smartphone combines a 3.2-inch touchscreen display with a side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard. The large screen offers an excellent Internet viewing experience, and it also features a full suite of e-mail and social networking capabilities. Update your status, comment on your friends and family, or take pics with the 5-megapixel camera and share them on Facebook, MySpace, Flickr and Ovi Share.
The Nokia C6 in white with 3.2-inch touchscreen, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and access to social networking, messaging, and both personal and corporate e-mail.
5-megapixel camera for on-the-go snapshots and VGA-quality video.
You'll stay on track thanks to the integrated GPS with free Ovi Maps Navigation for voice-guided directions, and you can discover and download apps and games via the pre-loaded Ovi Store. Enjoy push e-mail and easy messaging with home screen widgets to help seamlessly set up e-mail, with support for several personal e-mail services (like Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail, Ovi Mail and more) along with corporate e-mail (Mail for Exchange).
The Nokia C6 comes with a pre-loaded 2 GB microSD memory card that includes Ovi Maps data for the US, Ovi Suite, and bonus content--no need to download anything from the Web or discs. And you can add more memory via optional microSD memory cards up to 16 GB in size. Other features include Wi-Fi networking, a full HTML Web browser with RSS feed support, multi-format digital media player, personal organizer tools, and up to 5 hours of 3G talk time (7 hours on standard GSM networks).
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
When paired with a compatible 3G network, you'll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services--from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming, and take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas not served by a 3G network, you'll continue to receive data service via EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
Type messages quickly and easily using the full QWERTY keyboard (see larger image).
- Fast 3G connectivity with broadband-like speeds via 850/1900/2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA.
- Integrated assisted GPS (A-GPS) receiver with free Ovi Maps enables you to find your route quickly and easily, whether walking or driving. Use the Walk pedestrian navigation to find your way, or the voice-guided Drive navigation to find the best route. (Learn more)
- 3.2-inch touchscreen with responsive, tactile feedback (640 x 360 pixels, 16.7 million colors). Includes orientation and proximity sensors, ambient light detector, and brightness control.
- Personalize your home screen with widgets that bring live updates from your favorite social networks (includes pre-loaded Facebook and MySpace apps)
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- 5-megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom, LED flash, automatic location tagging (Geotagging), auto-focus lens
- Video capture capabilities with recording up to 640 x 480 pixels and up to 30 fps (secondary camera for video calls on compatible networks; QVGA).
- Digital audio/video player with compatibility for MP3, WMA, and AAC/eAAC+ formats
- FM radio (requires headset to be attached)
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- SMS and MMS messaging with common inbox
- Instant messaging via AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Live, and Google Talk
- Supports e-mail accounts from more than a thousand ISPs (SMTP, IMAP4, POP3), as well as Gmail, Yahoo! mail and Hotmail. People who use Microsoft Exchange at work can access their e-mail using the Mail for Exchange mobile e-mail client, which comes pre-loaded (an Exchange e-mail account is required and your Exchange Administrator must have enabled your account for synchronization).
- Watch YouTube videos right in the browser--no need to launch a separate player
- RSS reader feeds
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
The Nokia C6 weighs 5.3 ounces and measures 4.46 x 2.09 x 0.66 inches. Its 1200 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7 hours of GSM talk time and 5 hours of 3G talk time, plus up to 384 hours (16 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, plus 850/1900/2100 3G networks (HSDPA).
What's in the Box
Nokia C6 handset, rechargeable battery, compact travel charger, 2 GB microSD memory card (contains Ovi Maps data for the US, Ovi Suite, music tracks and wallpapers), stereo headset, connectivity cable, quick start guide, user manual
Nokia now offers its Ovi Maps walk and drive navigation application free across the globe. Drivers receive turn-by-turn voice guidance including lane assistance, traffic information (in 10 countries including the U.S.), and safety camera and speed warnings, while pedestrians will be guided on shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones in over 100 cities across the globe. And unlike other mobile navigation mapping solutions, Ovi Maps works offline--no cellular service is required.
Lonely Planet guide.
With the new Ovi Maps for mobile you get for free:
- Maps for over 180 countries and free map updates
- Drive and Walk navigation available in over 70 countries with real-time voice guidance
- My Position enables you to find your current location easier and faster than ever.
- New one box search for quicker access to finding places and addresses.
- Save your favorite places and routes, then synchronize them with your Ovi account over the air.
- Car navigation with voice and visual instructions, lane assistance and speed limit information. Now also with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Pedestrian navigation with routing through pedestrian zones and shortcuts, pathways through parks and buildings, stairways and plazas. Now with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Get real-time weather information including a 5-day forecast, for your current or any location found via search.
- Lonely Planet and Michelin offer you dynamic access to the best and most relevant editorial travel content for over 1000 destinations. Find thousands of listings for sights, restaurants, hotels, shops, nightlife, and more. Look these places up on the map and get to them with Walk and Drive navigation.
- Discover the events happening nearby your location on the map or any place found via search.
- Share your location on Facebook--where you are, what you are up to and finish with a photo.
No Hidden Costs
The new version of Ovi Maps comes with all the maps and high-end, car grade navigation features you need for free and is yours to keep for the life of the smartphone. No additional licenses needed for extra countries, regions or services like traffic information or city guides. Data charges from network operators may apply.
Voice Guidance and Traffic Information
Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation comes free for both drivers and pedestrians. For drivers this includes lane assistance, traffic information, safety camera, and speed warnings. For pedestrians, this includes shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones for over 100 cities around the world as well as 6,000 3D landmarks in over 200 cities to help you find exactly where you are.
Unique Hybrid Technology
Ovi Maps is built on an advanced technology called hybrid vector maps. Vector maps are high quality but less data intensive and allow you to continue to navigate even if you lose your network connection. This means that maps downloaded or updated across a network connection are about half the size of bulky bitmaps used by other mobile map providers. The hybrid technology ensures that, unlike other providers, any downloaded map data is stored on the device for future use.
No Network Connection Required When Navigating
Avoid expensive, battery-draining network connections with Nokia's unique hybrid technology. Maps can be pre-loaded on to your Nokia smartphone so you can set Ovi Maps to offline mode, saving battery power, and the navigation system will still work. This is particularly useful for those worried about data connection costs when travelling abroad or when you are travelling through areas with little or no network coverage.
Best Global Coverage
You take your mobile with you wherever you go in the world so, as standard, voice guided navigation for both pedestrians and drivers is available for 74 countries in 46 different languages and there are maps for over 180 countries. This gives you the best maps with the largest global coverage for free.
Top Customer Reviews
Cons: I have not been able to hook yahoo, hotmail or gmail account with the built in email program, I had to use a third party app called Emoze. Too bad the built in app can't be used as a regular pop3 / imap client. The built in sms messaging app does not support threaded views, you'll have to buy an additional app for that (ThreadSMS - at least it is cheap). You'll want to replace the included 2Gb micro sd card (almost filled with OviMaps files) with a bigger 4Gb or 8Gb one if you are planning on uploading many music files / videos, etc. you cannot charge the phone via the usb port. The phone does not include a stylus, you can get the job done with your fingers or nails, but for some operations it would be nice to have the extra precision.
In summary this is a nicely priced phone given the specs and features it has, and most shortcomings can be solved with additional apps, memory.
I can now make international calls to cell phones and landlines. Because the phone was unlocked, it gave me the option to choose what phone I wanted in my price range and to choose between the GSM cell providers. The wireless works great. I can use the wireless feature to access my email and other web functions without having to get charged by a wounded bull (ATT) for traffic. The qwerty keyboard is better than many I have ever seen. The keys are a lot bigger, but the phone is still smaller than the latest HTC models.
Some people have complained about the touch screen not being sensitive enough and that it's better to use a stylus. I find that it is just fine with my fingers. Yes, it doesn't seem completely solid when it's in a closed state (when the keyboard isn't in the slide-out mode), but it does feel solid when you are using the qwerty.
Also, I love the fact that I don't have to use the qwerty keyboard to dial a number - the onscreen touch numerical keyboard works fine. There are some features that I haven't explored yet, but it has great sound when you're playing music and while it's loaded with some applications I didn't care for (Myspace, Friendster etc), you don't have to keep them.
While it comes with a 2gig chip, I upgraded to an 8 gig and you can go up to 16gig, which is a nice option if you want to use it as an MP3 player.
Update August 2011: Extremely happy with my purchase. Flew back to New Zealand and picked up a 2degrees SIM card at the duty free shop, before clearing customs. By the time my luggage was checked for my next flight, I had a working phone and a New Zealand cell phone number - without the nasty international roaming charges. (The phones will also work with Vodafone NZ's SIMS.)
* Biggest pro, it's cheap! Compared to other similar level smartphones, you know the price is right.
* Wi-Fi, it really does help having wi-fi specially for people like me, who are on campus most of the times. Means no actual need for a data plan. :)
* The QWERTY physical keyboard is probably the best thing about the phone. It's so comfortable to type with and the keys are just so of high quality. Full navigation using the keys if you hate using the touchscreen.
* The camera is of real high quality. Night pictures are a little off, but during the day, you don't really need your camera with you.
* The quick contacts widget display is just one of the best things about this phone. Makes it so easy to do about everything with favorite contacts. Other widgets available too!
* Ovi Maps is also a deal breaker. Thats a fully functional GPS device right there. Works perfect too. Just takes time to pin down your position though.
* I hate the OS. It's a little buggy and does crash whenever I open the apps marketplace. So no apps for me :(
* The touchscreen is not so awesome, but it definitely isn't bad either. In fact, after the Iphone, this is the closest responsive touchscreen I have experienced. I'm talking in comparison to other cellphones such as Nokia N95 for example or Samsung Impression.
* Although i don't use the handwriting feature, its a 50/50 feature. It understands most of the letters I write, but I guess its too slow for me.