- FREE Clever Yoga Mat Strap Sling Rose Pink when you purchase 1 Clever Yoga Mat BetterGrip Non-Slip Enter code WMBM2R9W at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- FREE Clever Yoga Ocean Blue Hand Towel when you purchase 1 Clever Yoga BetterGrip Non Slip Yoga Mat Enter code SS9GAD9G at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- FREE Clever Yoga Mat Cleaner when you purchase 1 Clever Yoga Mat BetterGrip Non-Slip Enter code YG8I98HT at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Buy 2 of Clever Yoga BetterGrip Mat and Save Extra 5% Off Your Purchase. Enter code EST6Y63D at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Yoga Mat Non Slip - Longer and Wider Than Other Exercise Mats - ¼-Inch Thick High Density Padding to Avoid Sore Knees During Pilates, Stretching & Toning Workouts for Men & Women
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- FREE Carrying Strap with "Add Both to Cart" button under "Special offers and product promotions" below. EXTRA THICK YOGA MAT FOR A BETTER WORK OUT: The BetterGrip Yoga Mat is designed to give you the most comfortable yoga experience possible. The extra thick 6mm mat protects joints without compromising support or stability. No more sore knees and elbows. Ideal for use on hardwood floors. And at 72" long x 25 1/4" wide it's a large yoga mat suitable for short and tall yogis alike
- GRIPPY NOT SLIPPY: wide yoga mat has reversible non-slip surfaces so you can perform any movement with confidence. Wavy underside stops workout mat from sliding on floor. The subtly textured surface prevents hands and feet from slipping out of position so you can hold poses no matter how vigorous your practice gets. Perfect for hot yoga, pilates mat, meditation or stretching mat. Lightweight (2 lbs) and easy to carry to your yoga studio or fitness club with other yoga accessories
- ORDER TODAY, RISK FREE: We love our customers! Our mission is to bring you the best yoga products on the market so you can get the most out of your personal yoga journey. That's why we offer our special "Namaste" warranty. In the unlikely event you're not 100% happy with your purchase, we'll send you a free replacement or give you a full refund, no questions asked!
- 100% NON-TOXIC AND SAFE TO USE: We believe in creating premium quality eco friendly products that are safe for your body, mind and spirit. The yoga mat is made from TPE foam and is free from PVC, phthalates, silicone, latex and other toxic materials. Be kind to your body knowing you aren't breathing in harmful chemicals next time you're doing downward dog. Please also treat the yoga mat with care and don't expose it to extreme temperatures like a car on a hot day
- DESIGNED TO WITHSTAND THE TOUGHEST (AND SWEATIEST) OF SESSIONS: This durable sports and fitness mat will hold up to the wear and tear of regular practice. Constructed using anti tear technology, it won't rip, shred or stretch with use. The closed-cell surface locks out germs, dirt, and moisture to keep bacteria and stinky odors at bay. Easy to wipe clean
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Avoid Sore Knees When You Practice Yoga
It can be hard to concentrate on your yoga practice if all you can think about is how much your knees hurt during your practice. That’s why we created the BetterGrip Yoga Mat.
This high density mat provides the perfect amount of cushioning to support your joints without getting that ‘sinking’ feeling. It’s especially ideal for slow-paced Kundalini or Restorative Yoga and for anyone with back pain or knee problems.
Clever Yoga products are created by yogis, for yogis. We test every product before we share it with the world to ensure it can handle the wear and tear that comes from vigorous daily practice.
Comfortable And Supportive
This ultra thick mat provides extra cushioning to reduce impact on your joints. The 6mm or ¼” high density padding comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees and elbows while still providing exceptional grip and resilience and so you can keep your balance and hold a pose.
Double Sided Texture For Twice The Traction
The BetterGrip Yoga Mat has double-sided non-slip surfaces for superior slip resistance. Each side has a raised texture to provide the grip needed so your mat stays put and you don’t slip and slide when the sweating starts!
Designed For Daily Practice And Long Lasting Durability
MORE SPACE TO PRACTICE: Yoga mat is longer and wider than an average mat. Our extra large yoga mat is perfect for any type of practice and is light weight and easy to transport.
HYGIENIC & EASY TO CLEAN: Yoga Mat uses closed-cell technology to prevent sweat and dirt from penetrating so your mat stays germ and odor-free. To clean, just wipe down with mild soap and water.
DURABILITY & LONGEVITY: We never compromise on quality. Our high performance products are designed to withstand the test of time to help improve and enhance your practice.
|BetterGrip Yoga Mat||LiquidBalance Yoga Mat||Complete Yoga Kit||Foldable Travel or Hot Yoga Mat||Yoga Mat Towel and Hand Towel|
|Thickness||1/4" (6mm)||3/16" (4.5mm)||1/4" (6mm)||1/16" (1mm)||1/16 (1mm)|
|Material||TPE||Natural Tree Rubber||TPE Mat||Natural Tree Rubber||Microfiber|
|Feature||Thick & Supportive||Superior Grip||Complete Yoga Kit||Ultra Absorbent for Hot Yoga||Mat Topper for Extra Grip|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
1,769 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-4 of 1,769 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First of all, let me start by saying I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this mat. I have been practicing for quite some time now. When I started my practice I just bought a generic mat with lots of good reviews. Back then, I didn't know what a good mat is. Many months into yoga, I have come to realize that there are a few things to look for in a mat, and these are good grip, non-slip and thickness. Weight and colour are the bonus factors.
This mat has got all five factors. I have tried using it at home where it's carpeted and in the studio as well wherein it has got a wooden floor. My mat stayed on the floor and didn't budge. As for the grip, this mat has got 2 sides which you can use, I prefer to use the dotted side (I feel as if it's got a better grip). This mat also has a good feel to it, like velvet rubber. I practice vinyasa in a non-heated room, and I tend to sweat bucket loads. I find that there are few times wherein I feel as if my hands will slip in a downward dog pose, but did not. When the mat gets wet with perspiration I just wiped the mat off with a towel and my grip is good again. Balancing poses are not a problem despite it's thickness, as this mat is thicker than other mats, but it is still stable. Unlike other that have got memory foam but tend to be a bit unstable. It says that this does not have a smell, but I find that there is a faint smell of natural rubber, but not the awful chemical smell that most cheaper mats have. This is also lightweight. I walk to yoga class and it takes me about 20 minutes and the weight does not bother me.
Overall I give this 4.5 out of 5 stars, since Amazon doesn't have half rates then 4 it is. I decided to give it a half star (okay a star) lower because it takes time before the mat becomes full flat on the floor. What I tend to do is roll it with the dotted side out, so when I unfurl it only the ends will stick out. It flatten out eventually but if you tend to arrive just on time for class then the forst 5-10 minutes of practice will have curled up corners on your mat. Plus it does not have a mat bag. A mat bag or straps is really a plus factor since this mat is quite thick. I carry this inside my old mat bag, but because it's not designed for thick mats, it takes time before I can fit it properly inside.
In a nutshell, buy this mat!! You will not regret it.
Following directions from other reviewer's, I scrubbed the mat before first use and found it no more slippery than the generic pieces of rubber you borrow from most yoga classrooms.
I take a warm or hot class almost every morning, and sweat even in cool classes. So I found it necessary not to merely wipe off my mat, but hose it down in the shower every day or two, and scrub it with soap and water about once a week.
It does dry pretty fast when I hang it up. It does absorb the first few drops of sweat fairly well before it begins to pool.
Even so, I got tired of the slipping in downward dog. And by the end of class, and the end of the week after a soaping, there were postures I would not attempt for fear of injuring myself.
The extra cushiness was great on my tender, postoperative knee. But I'm not convinced it didn't contribute to some of the problems I have in one-legged balances.
Last week, running out the door on my way to class, I forgot my mat. I arrived in class early, and so was able to grab one of the fancy demonstration mats. To my surprise, I found a grippier mat actually added to significantly to my practice. My warrior one and warrior two postures were deeper and easier to hold.
The next time I went to class, I remembered my mat but deliberately used one of the loaners again, to see if that first impression was just a particularly good performance day.
It wasn't a fluke. A better mat gave me a better practice.
I still wanted to hold onto my money until I had been practicing daily for closer to a year.
But today, my in-need-of-scrubbing mat was not only wet and slippery, as I dug my heels in to hold deeper postures, I noticed the mat stretching around my heel. That convinced me: deeper postures, risk of injury on slippery surface, and in appropriate elasticity were not just excuses for buying a more expensive gadget. A better yoga mat is worth the investment.
There are probably some people for whom the Clever Yoga is the right choice. If you have a light practice, and just need something clean to stretch on occasionally. If you don't sweat very much, if you want cushioning more than you want to grip, this piece of equipment is cheap enough to give a try.
On the other hand, if you've proved yourself ready to work hard in yoga, look for sale a on a Jade or Manduka. The pricier products are not just status symbols. Like much else in life, investing in the better tools will have an advantage.
With regards to other comments I've seen in reviews: the rubber odor of the newly unwrapped Clever Yoga was not too bad, and dissipated quickly. The so-called "rose-red" mat is in fact Barbie pink. This mat does curl, but usually (not always) will flatten them quickly with a couple of reverse twists after you lay it on the floor.
One side has a patterned texture that is not very grippy. I would only use that side if I were practicing on carpet. The other side though has a wavy pattern that provides excellent grip (exactly like my previous mat).
The color is beautiful and the feel a bit luxurious for a yoga mat.
Note that I have been using it on carpet because of my arthritis, but it feels exactly like the mat I used when I was living in South Korea with the same thickness. That mat did an excellent job on hardwood floors and was just a bit firmer than the using it on carpet.
Taking right out of the box, there was no strange smell or anything, but you can spray some diluted essential oils or mat cleaning spray if you want it a bit fresher.
Very pleased. I don't think you can find a better mat for this price.