- Hardcover: 576 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Interscience; 1 edition (June 14, 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471127329
- ISBN-13: 978-0471127321
- Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 1.8 x 9.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,321,895 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Nonlinear and Adaptive Control Design 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Using a pedagogical style along with detailed proofs and illustrative examples, this book opens a view to the largely unexplored area of nonlinear systems with uncertainties. The focus is on adaptive nonlinear control results introduced with the new recursive design methodology--adaptive backstepping. Describes basic tools for nonadaptive backstepping design with state and output feedbacks.
From the Back Cover
An introduction to a new design for nonlinear control systems--backstepping--written by its own architects.
This innovative book breaks new ground in nonlinear and adaptive control design for systems with uncertainties. Introducing the recursive backstepping methodology, it shows--for the first time--how uncertain systems with severe nonlinearities can be successfully controlled with this new powerful design tool.
Communicative and accessible at a level not usually present in research texts, Nonlinear and Adaptive Control Design can be used as either a stand-alone or a supplemental text in courses on nonlinear or adaptive control, as well as in control research and applications. It eases the reader into the subject matter, assuming only standard undergraduate knowledge of control theory, and provides a pedagogical presentation of the material, most of which is completely new and not available in other textbooks. Written by the creators of backstepping, the book:
* Introduces the basic design tools and demonstrates their effectiveness through worked examples
* Provides detailed proofs and application examples (active suspension, jet engine, induction motor, and many others)
* Develops adaptive backstepping, tuning functions, and modular designs with full state feedback
* Generalizes the methodology to nonlinear systems with output feedback
* Describes the advantages of the new adaptive nonlinear techniques over traditional methods
* Offers a systematic methodology for performance improvement
* Provides new designs for linear systems which can be used independently from therest of the book
* Is self-contained with an extensive summary of stability and passivity prerequisites
* Includes sixty illustrations and tables with design algorithms
Nonlinear and Adaptive Control Design is an absolute must for researchers and graduate students with an interest in nonlinear systems, adaptive control, stability and differential equations and for anyone who would like to find out about the new and exciting advances in these areas.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The real state of the book should be declared and not hidden because this is a lie.
I see that the book has not been used for reading but it has some shelf wear and contamination on the outer sides. This book is very important for me and wanted it in perfect quality for which I paid, that's why I am not satisfied.
The authority of Amazon and co-sellers depends on telling the truth to the customer and not sending lies.