"The fully updated second edition provides a self-contained introduction to the theory and applications of nonlinear dynamics and chaos." (International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, Vol.84, No.14 – 15, 10 – 20 December 2004)
From the Back Cover
- Provides a self-contained introduction to the theory and applications of nonlinear dynamics and chaos.
- Introduces the concepts of instabilities, bifurcations, and catastrophes.
- Each idea is carefully explained and supported by examples.
- Features many applications to a wide variety of scientific fields.
- Includes an illustrated glossary of geometrical dynamics.
- Features a supplementary bibliography of further reading.
- Assumes minimal background knowledge.