Nonlinear Optics 3rd Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Page numbers are just like the physical edition
See the Best Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Unfortunately, the book is sometimes terse and occasionally presents results without sufficient derivation, especially for advanced concepts and applications. However, when it comes to the foundational elements of nonlinear optics, the book is always thorough and the concepts well explained. Boyd clearly has a very deep understanding of the subject, and this shows in his writing.
If you need to buy one book on nonlinear optics, this should probably be it. You might be temped to buy Shen or Bloembergen since they were such primary contributors to the field, but you will probably be disappointed in the quality of their exposition and confused by the notation.
Finally chapter 13 is on ultrafast nonlinear optics. We have to say that Professor Boyd has done a wonderful job on this book, since anyone from senior research scientists to first year graduate students all can refer to it.This book reminds me of Jackson's book on E &M in the sense that although you might not get `it' at that exact moment you can always count on it to show the correct way to tackle. All in all, if you are looking for a book on nonlinear optics this is the one you should have.
Most recent customer reviews
1. clear definition
3. as good Jackson's EM
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Mathematical Analysis
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Light
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Optics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Optics > Lasers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Mathematics > Mathematical Analysis
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Physics > Light
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Physics > Optics