Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CyberTech® Newest Noosy 2in1 Nano Sim Card Cutter (Black) & Micro Sim Cutter for iPhone 5S 5C 5, iPhone 4, 4S and other Phones
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on July 5, 2013
I've used other brands of SIM cutters and the build quality has always been inconsistent and generally concerning. Even worse, they usually deform after a couple uses which means you're taking more and more risks with each clip. So, yeah, it doesn't feel too good to be holding your brand new phone and uncut SIM wondering if you should entrust them to the shoddy cutter in front of you; especially when you really only get one chance.

Now, with these SIM cutters, I had none of the aforementioned issues. The build quality is noticeably better than that of the others and the clipping process doesn't deform the cutter at all which makes me very happy as I use my cutters more than once. Moreover, these cutters can clip out both the micro and nano sizes; take a look at the product images I posted and you can see there's a punch hole for each. Additionally, the cutters came with utility tweezers and a piece of sandpaper to allow you to slim down your SIM's height to fit a nano slot (which is slightly shorter than that of the standard and micro sizes).

All in all, these cutters are way better in build quality than the other offerings I've seen and come with everything you need to get the job done. I highly recommend this product.
review image review image
66 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2013
I've chopped a couple of SIMs to Micro-SIM with these and they are awesome, and worth the extra couple of bucks to avoid ganking your SIM. Bonus: the scrap bit can be saved as a free microsim > SIM adapter if you ever need to go back.
on June 28, 2013
There's not really much to this cutter. If you went to elementary school and used a 3-hole punch, it's pretty much the same concept. My wife and I just recently picked up a couple of Nexus 4's (one black, one white) and switched to Straight Talk (which only gives out mini SIMs). The Nexus 4 uses a micro sim and I wanted a guaranteed proper cut on our sims, one better than what I could manage with scissors or nail clippers, and I stumbled onto this heavy, well built godsend. If you have an iPhone 5, you'll want to insert your mini SIM into the micro SIM cutter first (facing the correct way of course, the instructions are printed on the back of the box), then slide your new micro SIM into the nano SIM cutter and repeat the process (a small piece of sand paper is included to shave a little off the back in case the SIM has a hard time fitting into your iPhone due to slight thickness variations in SIMs).

It's pretty straight forward, easy to use, and provides a proper cut every time. Just remember to put quite a bit of effort into squeezing the handles (or use it on a table or counter), a proper cut will be quite loud and crisp.
on June 15, 2013
It's nerve-wracking sticking a perfectly good SIM card into a cutter and punching it out. I looked at a lot of photos of the smaller formats before punching mine out to make sure I did it right. I've used this device twice on working, functional SIMs to cut them to the micro-SIM format for our new phones. It was simple and the SIMs function perfectly. Moreover, if we later get phones requiring the nano-SIM form factor, the same product will be useful. Perfect!
on January 10, 2014
It is well-built, with pretty "solid" feel. Cuts are pretty effortless and without any deformation done to the cutter itself or the SIM card. I had a couple of cards not working properly after cutting (not sure why, perhaps I didn't push the card in properly) but the included nail file helped to make them work again (just had to trim certain edge). Also, this cutter unfortunately does not come with any adapters although you can still re-use the leftover "frame" after cutting your SIM (the cutter does not break it) if you'll ever need to use your cut card in older device again.
For me, since Sim Cutters have come out, I have used NOOSY with great success. The first one I purchased here on Amazon, I used to cut down my Standard (Mini) Sim card down to a Macro Sim card. The NOOSY did the job perfectly! However, I found that I needed to go from Macro Sim to Nano Sim as I wanted to keep my Macro Sim (cut into Nano). So I purchased this NEW NOOSY Cutter and am so glad that I did so.
This cutter has TWO Slots: One for Standard Sim card to be cut into Micro Sim, the SECOND SLOT is to place your old Micro Sim card into this to cut the old Micro Sim into a Nano Sim card. You cannot place a Standard card into this to cut into Nano size, it must first be cut into Micro Sim then placed into the smaller slot and cut into Nano Sim. * This NOOSY cutter comes with: Cutter, Sandpaper Tool and Sim Card Installer/Remover Tool.
The tips below I placed in my review as I want to help someone who is new at cutting a Sim card for the first time and may be somewhat uneasy.

1) If you have an older phone that has an OLDER STANDARD SIM Card (called a Mini Sim Card), then you will first need to cut it down from Standard to Micro Sim.

2) Since there are TWO different SLOTS in this cutter, look for the STANDARD SLOT (the larger one).

3) Look on the cutter’s diagram and place your Sim card into this JUST AS SHOWN. Note that the GOLD COLORED AREA should be facing you (on top) in the cutter.

4) When you CUT be sure to use BOTH HANDS AND PRESS HARD and FIRMLY so you cut your card in one cut. This cuts it cleanly.

5) After you cut the Standard Card, it will pop right out and you will then see your new Macro Sim!

6) If you need to go from Macro Sim to Nano Sim, then place the Macro Sim (GOLD SIDE UP) in just like the cutter shows you. **Press the Sim card all the way down into this area so you see the GOLD PART clear showing through the open window.

7) Cutting: When you CUT be sure to use BOTH HANDS AND PRESS HARD and FIRMLY so you cut your card in one cut. This cuts it cleanly.
8) The NEW NANO card will just fall out, however, if the cut out white part of the Sim Card does not come out, then be sure to use the enclosed tool (the Sim remover) that comes with the NOOSY CUTTER. I had to remove my White leftover edges because this did not fall out with the new Nano Sim Card.

9) You will need the OLD cutout part (the white part) and DO NOT through this away because you can snap your NANO or Micro card back into this and use it like an adapter should you go back to a phone that has this type of card.

10) To make the new Sim card's edges smoother, GENTLY use the Sandpaper Tool (comes with this cutter) to smooth out the edges of the newly cut Sim card. Since I pressed very firmly and quickly on the Micro to Nano card, I found that the edges were very, very smooth and this card did not require smoothing out the edges after I cut the card.

11) Once BOTH Sim card cutter parts of the NOOSY are clean and free from old Sim Card remains, you are good to go to cut the next Sim card.
on October 14, 2014
Punch works perfectly. But instead of using the blank adapters, I recommend using a nail file and smoothing down the edges of the punch, placing it back into the SIM blank you just cut, and running one piece of scotch tape across it to secure it. Using the included blank adapters has been known to cause problems on certain devices when it comes to removing the sim.
on October 16, 2015
I bought the moto x pure edition witch uses a nano sim but I had a micro sim in my Note 4. I was a bit sceptical that I was going to ruin the sim and have to go back to AT&T and tell them what happened. Put the sim in the cutter and pushed down and after the snap a nano sim pooped out. Now the moment of truth! After a little trimming whit a razor blade to get the edges smooth it went in and worked fine and you can use the outer part that was cut off for a micro sim adapter. Go for it. It works.
review image review image
on February 23, 2016
I had to get this to cut a current t-mobile sim card so I didn't have to wait for a new one of the correct size. Its very durable, looks like it will be able to cut many more sim cards than I would ever need to cut, even if I did it for all my friends. Not really a tool you will need often, but when you do, you will be grateful you have it. Much safer than trying to cut the card yourself, for yourself, and for your card.
It made a nice clean cut, perfectly aligned. The cut was so good, that I was actually able to use the cut off piece as an adapter if I ever needed to go back to the full size sim card.
Excellent choice too, since it does both nano and micro sizes, so this one tool is all you ever will need. I don't think they are going to make sim cards any small, without actually changing the card itself.
on January 13, 2016
Worked flawlessly. Well made with very thick metal cutting surfaces (I believe this is to ensure the sim card is kept very flat and cut straight through, to ensure the process works exactly right). Works as advertised. Also, you should make use of the included small piece of emery paper - as with any kind of plastic cut, you'll want to smooth out the edges afterwards to ensure a good fit into the smaller sim slots (I even rounded off the edges slightly to make sure it fit perfectly without any snags).