Nordic Naturals Omega 3 Pet - Special Dog Formula Fish Oil Omega-3s, EPA, DHA Supports Skin, Coat, Joint, Heart And Overall Health In Triglyceride Form For Optimal Absorption
- YOUR DOG DESERVES THE BEST: All Nordic Naturals pet products are made with the same exceptional quality oil as our human products, but have been specially formulated for dogs. Please use only our pet products for your dog or cat, not our human products.
- OPTIMAL HEALTH + WELLNESS: Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Pet products are an excellent source of the important omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. EPA and DHA help support skin and coat health, joint health, heart health, immune system health, cellular health, and brain and eye development and maintenance. Available in liquid or soft gels.
- PROACTIVE PROTECTION FOR YOUR PUP: Daily supplementation with Omega-3 Pet products is a proactive way to help support overall health for your pet companions. Omega-3 Pet provides dogs and cats with what they need to keep feeling and looking their best!
- WILD CAUGHT and SUSTAINABLY SOURCED: Every batch of Nordic Naturals fish oil is crafted from wild-caught, omega-rich fish from the freshest catch, sourced from the cleanest waters, and only in a way that fully protects the ocean’s fragile ecosystem.
- BEST ABSORPTION FOR BEST RESULTS: Many concentrated fish oils on the market are in the ethyl ester molecular form—a synthetic fat with only about 30 years of history in the human diet. Nordic Naturals formulas are produced in true triglyceride form to ensure optimal absorption and results.
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Pet Soft Gels products are an excellent source of the important omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. EPA and DHA help support skin and coat health, joint health, heart health, immune system health, cellular health, and brain and eye development and maintenance. Daily supplementation with Omega-3 Pet Soft Gels products is a proactive way to help maintain overall health for your dog companion. All Nordic Naturals pet products are made with the same exceptional quality oil as our human products, but have been specially formulated for dogs or cats. Please use only our pet products for your dog or cat, not our human products. Please refer to the product label for additional information and guidelines. Omega-3 Pet Soft Gels products should be used within two years of opening.
By Nordic Naturals
Size: 180 | Product Packaging: Standard Packaging
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Safety WarningKeep out of reach of children. Do not take if tamper evident seal is broken or missing.
DirectionsOmega-3 Pet offers tablets rich with EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids and trace amounts of vitamins A and D. These soft gel servings are ideal for usage at home or while traveling. The fish oil found in Omega-3 Pet is derived exclusively from wild sardines and anchovies found in the Norwegian Sea or Southern Pacific Ocean, depending on their seasonal migration. Due to the short reproductive cycles of these fish, they are considered ideal for long term sustainability. Rich source of EPA and DHA Trace amounts of vitamin A and D Easy to feed soft gels
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||VDCUSA||Amazing Fair||Salveo Plus||Priority Service Now||Nutrition Strength|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 6 x 4 in||3 x 3 x 7 in||3 x 3 x 6 in||—||9.5 x 12.5 x 6.5 in||3 x 5.5 x 3 in|
|Item Form||capsules||—||Tablets||—||—||Soft Gel|
|Size||180||16 oz||120 Tablets||180||1 bottle||180 1,000 mg soft gels|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you have a LARGE DOG, you should NOT BUY the SOFT GELS because it will not be cost effective (and mine wouldn't eat the soft gels, so i had to cut and pour them onto food, which she LOVED). I recommend that you buy the liquid version. Here's the math for my 100 lb dog:
To reach the target, recommended dose of EPA/DHA (according to my vet and the research below), she would need 14 soft gels per day! (not 5 like the bottle suggests), so this bottle will only last 2 weeks. At $25.15 per bottle, that rounds to $1.80 per day. Using the liquid form (Nordic Naturals16oz bottle Omega 3 Pet large to very large dogs & multi dog households), which is for sale on amazon for $39.89 right now, it would last 31 days and comes out to $1.29/day. It may not sound like much, but that would save you $186 per year!
Suggested daily use for dogs
20-39 lbs: 0.5 teaspoon (2.5 ml) (189 servings/bottle) 345 mg EPA/207 mg DHA/713 mg total omega-3s
40-59 lbs: 1.0 teaspoon (5.0 ml) (94 servings/bottle) 690 mg EPA/414 mg DHA/1426 mg total omega-3s
60-79 lbs: 1.5 teaspoons (7.5 ml) (63 servings/bottle) 1035 mg EPA/621 mg DHA/2139 mg total omega-3s
80-99 lbs: 2.0 teaspoons (10 ml) (47 servings/bottle) 1380 mg EPA/828 mg DHA/2852 mg total omega-3s
100+ lbs: 3.0 teaspoons (15 ml) (31 servings/bottle) 2070 mg EPA/1242 mg DHA/4278 mg total omega-3s
Apply oil onto food, or serve by itself. Do not exceed the suggested daily use without consulting your veterinarian.
Just FYI: "The National Research Council has established a safe upper limit of EPA and DHA for dogs. It has yet to establish one for cats. In light of that, it is probably safe to use the guidelines for dogs for both species. Translating the data suggests that a dose between 20-55mg combined EPA and DHA per pound of body weight is safe for dogs and cats." --http://www.petmd.com/blogs/thedailyvet/ktudor/2013/aug/the-dangers-of-too-much-fish-oil-30731
My dog is young and has no hip/muscle issues. We bought these as a preventative for the future and just for overall general health.
We have discovered so many other benefits from these. First of all our dog sheds WAY less. YES! That means we no longer have to constantly vacuum our apartment. No more constantly finding dog hair in your bed, on your food, on your clothes. There is still some dog hair but it's not nearly as bad.
Second his coat has become so soft and luxurious! He had a nice coat before but now it is so much better! It's soft and shiny and did I mention the lack of shedding!
Third our dog loves these. He runs across the room when he hears you get out the jar. The size/taste is no issue for him. We give them to him each night as a "treat" after he does a trick and he loves these just as much as his dog biscuits.