Nordic Naturals - Ultimate Omega, Support for a Healthy Heart, 180 Soft Gels
- THE BENEFITS OF OMEGA-3: Omega-3s are fatty acids found in fish oil. These essential fats include EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) and have been shown to support overall wellness, including heart, brain, joint, eye, and mood health.
- AN ULTIMATE FORMULA: Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega contains more than 1200mg of omega-3s. A serving of Ultimate Omega meets the daily recommended dose suggested by the American Heart Association and has been shown to support a healthy heart. Each great-tasting soft gel delivers concentrated EPA and DHA in its most absorbable form to support your health and wellness.
- OVERALL HEALTH: Omega-3s have been shown to promote healthy immune function and metabolism, and to support healthy blood sugar levels. They also support the body's ability to respond to stress in a healthy way. Many concentrated fish oils on the market today are in the ethyl ester molecular form, whereas Nordic Naturals' formulas-including Ultimate Omega-are produced in true triglyceride form to ensure optimal absorption and results.
- CAUGHT IN THE WILD: Every batch of Nordic Naturals fish oil is made from wild-caught, sustainably sourced fish. The oils are tested to ensure that they are free of environmental toxins, including heavy metals, which are often associated with fish oil. Whereas most concentrated fish oils on the market today are in the ethyl ester molecular form-a synthetic fat-all Nordic Naturals' formulas are produced in true triglyceride form to ensure optimal absorption and results.
- FROM BOAT, TO BOTTLE, TO YOU: Nordic Naturals has been leading the fish oil industry for over 20 years. Founder Joar Opheim founded the company after he came to live in California and was unable to find the quality fish oil he relied on. Family owned, Nordic Naturals continues to innovate within the fish oil industry, proof that when values are aligned with action, great things can happen - a commitment that remains absolute.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 180 | Package Type: Standard Packaging
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
This is a side-by-side comparison of ten leading omega-3 fish oil supplements: OmegaVia Pharma-Grade Fish Oil, Nutrigold Triple Strength Fish Oil Omega-3 Gold, Garden of Life Minami Nutrition Platinum Omega 3 Plus D3 Formula, Norwegian Gold Ultimate Fish Oils Super Critical Omega, Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, Omapure Pharmaceutical Grade Omega-3 Fish Oil, Now Ultra Omega-3, UnoCardio 1000 + Vitamin D 1000, Innovix Triple Strength Omega-3, and Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega 2X.
There are three major components of omega-3 in these products: EPA (which is good for your heart, circulatory system, lowering triglycerides, depression and mood orientation, and is a powerful anti-inflammatory for soothing joint pains), DHA (which is good for your mental acuity, or if you are pregnant, nursing an infant, or for children), and "other." Other omega-3s, like DPA and SDA, are types of fatty acids which are easily converted to EPA in the body. In most fish oils, the amount of these other fatty acids is low, but in highly concentrated oils, it can be a significant amount. The important components are EPA and DHA.
BREAKDOWN: Here is a breakdown of these supplements.
OmegaVia Pharma-Grade Fish Oil (See, OmegaVia Pharma-Grade Fish Oil, 1300 mg Enteric Burp-Free Capsule (1105 mg Omega-3/pill) 60 Capsules)
Ethyl Esters form
Not certified Kosher or Halal
$28.89 for 60 1300 mg gel caps on Amazon
Recommended Serving: 1-4 gel caps
Price per gel cap = $.48 (using Amazon's price)
Price per 1000 mgs omega-3 = $.Read more ›
As you begin to research fish oils, you'll learn that you have to check the label - you can't just rely on the mg on the label, as manufacturers will list the mg of "fish oil," not the mg of what you're really after - Omega 3s, especially EPA+DHA. Basically everything else is just filler and a meaningless number. For example, Kirkland Signature Natural Fish Oil Concentrate with Omega-3 Fatty Acids - 400 Softgels, a lower cost competitor, advertises "1000 mg," but when you look at the label, you'll see that it only provides 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA per softgel - aka 300 mg of what you actually want. What's everything else in that pill? As far as we're concerned, junk.
Nordic Naturals advertises 1000mg, and actually provides 668mg Omega 3s+Omega 9 per softgel. The company is also committed to sustainable fishing practices and exceeds the strict Norwegian Medicinal Standard for quality, ensuring lower peroxides, heavy metals, dioxins, and PCBS - we do not have any governmental fish oil quality standards in the US.
For reference, I take this product with GNC MEGA MEN Multivitamins 180 Tablets (EXP:11/2011) and Green Tea Mega EGCG(tm) (100 veggie capsules). It's a great regimen and I've seen real results.
Another problem with consuming enough omega 3 is the fact that our oceans have been polluted, so nutritional experts caution eating too much fish. Some have gone as far as to not eat fish at all (though I think that is extreme).
Because of the pollution in our oceans, it is important that when choosing a fish oil supplement that it be molecuarly distilled. I personally avoid ones that simply claim to only be purified of mercury, because mercury isn't the only problem. While products that say this might very well be purified to remove other impurities, the fact is, I like to see things in black-and-white. Otherwise, if impurities other than mercury were to be found in the fish oil product, the company couldn't be held accountable because they never claimed otherwise. Fortunately, not only is Ultimate Omega molecularly distilled, but it also far exceeds the International Fish Oil Standards (I.F.O.S.) expectations in purity in every area tested. So Ultimate Omega can be taken with full confidence, that it is simply the the purest fish oil available surpassing some of the strictest standards in the world for fish oil.
Another thing to take into consideration when choosing a fish oil product is that the product provides an effective dose to get desired results.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Product arrived on time and was a reasonable price for the high quality that it is.Published 3 days ago by Amanda
My favorite fish oil pill - I never had a single spoiled pill from this brand (I chew them before swallowing)Published 6 days ago by Cheryl
I've bought Omega's with lemon flavored before and burped up lemon for the rest of the day......It doesn't happen with this brand. Read morePublished 9 days ago by LindaB
this is my third bottle but found it disappointed that the pills are all deformed. I did not returned the product but am very unhappy to see the deformed pills. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Portmeirion Lover