Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Color: White|Style Name: Microwave Popcorn Popper|Change
Price:$7.44 - $29.95

Showing 1-10 of 3,505 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,886 reviews
on October 18, 2014
I'm very pleased with this popcorn popper. I've used it several times. Perfect popping every time. No burning. No more than six unpopped kernels.
on February 25, 2014
I got to use the popcorn popper yesterday for the first time, after noticing I received what seemed like a returned item, since it had burn marks on the base, a tiny chip *even when it states that is "chip-proof" and the lid had some spots that I thought were some sort of pattern, but then realized they were oil stains...
Anyway... my daughter was so excited to use it that I decided to test it, so I gave it a good wash and tried it.
I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use with great results.
1/4 cup of corn, about 1 tablespoon of butter and in just 4 minutes we had almost perfect popcorn with very few kernels unpopped.
The popper gets VERY HOT, so you have to be careful when taking it out of the microwave.
We made two batches and after the second one I noticed that the bowl had some burn marks at the bottom, which was a disappointment...
Also the lid wasn't in place, it had come out a little, like it didn't hold well. So not sure if is better to return to Amazon because I was supposed to get a brand new item not one that already shows so much wear...
review image review image
on October 22, 2015
This bowl is just PERFECT! I watched a video on YouTube featuring this bowl.http://youtu.be/LOM1uuVqWds
The guy in the video went step by step using this bowl to make perfect popcorn! I use it almost everyday day. The bowl gets hot so I just use a pot holder when taking out of microwave. It is easy to clean ( I only wash it by hand)) . Using theater salt and coconut oil is a must to get great theater-style popcorn. YUM!
on January 4, 2016
Growing up, my father made popcorn every Saturday and also many times throughout the week. It is truly my favorite snack of all time and everyone close to me would agree. My father had bought every popcorn machine that has ever been made so we have tried everything growing up but when I went to college this was invented and I bought it. Used it and ever since I have kept the same bowl since college and now I use it to pop corn for my kids. Everyone that comes over always asks me to make them popcorn. I hate for them to see me make it because they will see it comes from a microwave but actually it tastes like it was made on the stove. People always ask if it was made on the stove or asks how I made it. When I tell them they are shocked! As I said I have the same bowl but do not have the top anymore after 4 moves and 2 kids later. I couldn't find how to replace the top nor could I find where I could find this product until recently, I had been using a paper plate as the lid for years and has worked great. I then use a small bowl to microwave the butter. If you don't have the lib, use a paper plate!!!

I recently found this here on Amazon so I bought it for my parents. Since they had mine popcorn they had been asking for one. I couldn't find this brand so I had bought the other brands that are similar to this and NO Way works like this one. The other competitors use a filter which means more money and easy to misplace.

It there were 10 stars I would give it a 10 across the board! It's been kinda like my secret to good popcorn for so many years. For someone that is not a big believer in the microwave I am but bit embarrassed to say it really is the best tasting maker. Top it with some white cheese popcorn seasoning and you will be dancing!!!

I'm planning on buying another one for my place even though I have the old bowl from years ago, but it wouldn't hurt to have a backup and a lib.
on March 16, 2015
The original 12 cup had a lid that wouldn't stay on and popcorn would go everywhere. The new dome style lid has solved that issue. I have not experienced the warp that others have complained with the lid. Maybe this is because I have been using this style of popper for years and know how to treat it. We always hand wash the popper and, when we use it, we set the lid on a paper towel and flat surface (we use oil and butter so the lid has deposits that drip after popping). We are going to try to buy two more lids so we can upgrade our 12 cup models (yes ... we have 2 of the older models and 2 of the newer models). I eat popcorn 5 to 6 times a week (almost every night) and love these poppers. We have given a lot of these to friends and family converting them from being microwave bags users.
on February 7, 2016
I debated about which popper to buy and I am so glad that I selected this one. First, you can add a bit of oil, just enough to coat the kernels, and then add a bit of salt, stir it up and then pop. (Corn popped in an air popper doesn't retain salt.) This container holds enough for two or three hungry popcorn lovers. The top has small vents at the edges so the steam is released and the popped kernels stay crisp. And the best news is that the house does not fill with the stink of the prepackaged microwave popcorn. This is such a healthy option and the cost is just slightly more than a box of six microwave packages. What a great deal and so tasty. I had no burned kernels and the bowl and top were a snap to wash.
on January 10, 2017
Ever since I did the Daniel Fast challenge and had to find alternative snacks w/o the use of sugar, honey, fried, and other processed foods, I've been on a journey to find what I could eat that was within the fasting guidelines.

When I found I could eat popcorn and use natural oils and salts I began using the brown paper bag method. This idea worked but I found my seasonings to be stuck to the bag and not the popcorn itself. Not to mention the popcorn would burn fast and taste bland.

This caused me to search for ways to pop my popcorn w/o using a bag. I didn't want to use anything that would melt, burn, take up counter space, or need to use a plug and I found several items and decided to go with this.

This bowl pops popcorn like any other popcorn popper but I found that putting dry items with the popcorn such as salt or any flavored powder has a tendency to scorch the bottom of the bowl. The lid isn't so susceptible either.

I can't handle bland tasting popcorn so I tried three different experiments and 2 out of the 3 worked. I used butter and vegetable oil to pop my popcorn with success. The butter caused me to have to add more seconds but it came out OK. The oil as well. Putting a little salt to this made it taste even better.
My next goal is to get it to taste like movie theater popcorn but that requires better tasting butter oils.

Now for the technical aspects of this bowl:
I've been using a Frigidare microwave since 2011 and never changed the power settings so you may have to tinker with your microwave settings to get this to pop right. This bowl gets so hot that I have to use gloves each time.
I never put in the required 1/3 cup but put in less and still had enough. With the butter the popcorn popped mostly all the way but with the vegetable oil I had a lot of unpopped kernels at the bottom. So that means I may have to use less oil. The experimenting process is still ongoing and once I find what will give me that movie theater popcorn taste I will update this.
on August 21, 2015
So I was tired of pulling out my electric popper or pots and pans to pop on the stove-top. I wanted a microwaveable solution and this bowl fit the bill. I don't regret my purchase AT ALL, but since this is a review I'll share a few things I've noticed after several uses that resulted in a rating of 4 instead of 5 stars.

- The bowl gets pretty dang hot by the time you pull it from the microwave. Yes, I know you're super-heating oil and popcorn kernels to the point that the kernels explode and their contents actually change form, but straight out of the microwave I wouldn't want to set this directly on my lap. Thankfully it doesn't take long to cool ... usually by the time I've added my topping and fixed a drink it's fine.
- The top can be slightly messy. I understand it needs to vent the steam, but the vents around the edges tend to cause some oily splatter mostly on the rim of the bowl but a bit in the microwave itself. Again, *slightly* messy. It isn't terrible and certainly wouldn't change my recommendation that you buy the bowl.
- Efficiency ... granted my previous methods of popping did NOT involve a microwave, but I was a little disappointed to see that instead of the dozen or fewer unpopped kernels I'd have from say the stove-top, now I have several times that many (just popped a bowl - which reminded me to write this review - and counted the unpopped kernels: 68). Longer cooking times only result in the popped corn starting to scorch (I tried), so it looks like it is what it is. Same kernels from the same container popped by other methods just fine so they aren't the issue.

I hope the above only serves to inform you rather than deter you from purchasing. I don't believe you'll be disappointed with this popper if you do buy it!
on February 15, 2015
I bought this because i love popcorn, and I want to decide how much butter and salt i put on my popcorn, or sometimes add a flavor.

This bowl works well! I expected the cover to latch somehow, but it doesn't. It just rests on top. Not a problem, just a surprise.

I learned from previous (unrelated) popcorn makers that it's best to move the popcorn to another bowl to eat it. Which is a good note, because this bowl comes out of the microwave HOT.

It pops the popcorn well, and it's a big enough bowl for me to eat by myself (oink oink) or share with someone else without having to make more.

Reasonably priced, dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
on October 11, 2015
I bought a red one to replace an old one I had of another brand. I never knew you could make more than just popcorn in it but the packaging showed the bowl used to make a cheese salsa dip. I tried it for that purpose and it make the bowl discolored. I'm very disappointed that my brand new bowl is now discolored and less than a week old.