Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on October 22, 2015
This bowl is just PERFECT! I watched a video on YouTube featuring this bowl.
The guy in the video went step by step using this bowl to make perfect popcorn! I use it almost everyday day. The bowl gets hot so I just use a pot holder when taking out of microwave. It is easy to clean ( I only wash it by hand)) . Using theater salt and coconut oil is a must to get great theater-style popcorn. YUM!
review image
0Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 18, 2014
I'm very pleased with this popcorn popper. I've used it several times. Perfect popping every time. No burning. No more than six unpopped kernels.
review image
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 4, 2016
Growing up, my father made popcorn every Saturday and also many times throughout the week. It is truly my favorite snack of all time and everyone close to me would agree. My father had bought every popcorn machine that has ever been made so we have tried everything growing up but when I went to college this was invented and I bought it. Used it and ever since I have kept the same bowl since college and now I use it to pop corn for my kids. Everyone that comes over always asks me to make them popcorn. I hate for them to see me make it because they will see it comes from a microwave but actually it tastes like it was made on the stove. People always ask if it was made on the stove or asks how I made it. When I tell them they are shocked! As I said I have the same bowl but do not have the top anymore after 4 moves and 2 kids later. I couldn't find how to replace the top nor could I find where I could find this product until recently, I had been using a paper plate as the lid for years and has worked great. I then use a small bowl to microwave the butter. If you don't have the lib, use a paper plate!!!

I recently found this here on Amazon so I bought it for my parents. Since they had mine popcorn they had been asking for one. I couldn't find this brand so I had bought the other brands that are similar to this and NO Way works like this one. The other competitors use a filter which means more money and easy to misplace.

It there were 10 stars I would give it a 10 across the board! It's been kinda like my secret to good popcorn for so many years. For someone that is not a big believer in the microwave I am but bit embarrassed to say it really is the best tasting maker. Top it with some white cheese popcorn seasoning and you will be dancing!!!

I'm planning on buying another one for my place even though I have the old bowl from years ago, but it wouldn't hurt to have a backup and a lib.
on March 13, 2016
This is a wonderful product that has shifted my purchases from prepackaged popcorn to popcorn kernels. I have to admit that I wasn't completely sold on this popper when I first received it. As other reviewers have mentioned, experimentation is the key to success with this product. It's not difficult to use but as with any new-to-you product, there are a couple of things you may want to keep in mind.

Timing is the key to success here. While 3 minutes works well in my microwave, your mileage may vary. I feel that the directions should be revised to mention that popping time needed varies according to the brand and wattage of each microwave. During your 1st run, listen carefully. The directions mention 4 minutes (or less) but you'll need to test that timing. You'll eventually learn the amount of time needed for your microwave. While no method pops every kernel, if there are a lot of unpopped kernels at the bottom, try leaving it in a few seconds longer. That seems to work for me. I haven't had any issues with burned popcorn.

Although the product mentions a 12 cup capacity, I don't believe this product can hold that much popcorn, maybe dip or something similar, but not that much popcorn. In my 1st attempt, I followed the directions on the jar of popcorn kernels (1/3 cup) and ended up with popcorn overflowing the bowl and spilling out onto the microwave turntable. Lesson learned. A 1/4 cup of unpopped kernels works well for me.

Again, you'll need to experiment but in my opinion, this product is easy to use and works well. You can add whatever seasonings that you'd like. Plus, it's made in the USA!
on February 7, 2016
I debated about which popper to buy and I am so glad that I selected this one. First, you can add a bit of oil, just enough to coat the kernels, and then add a bit of salt, stir it up and then pop. (Corn popped in an air popper doesn't retain salt.) This container holds enough for two or three hungry popcorn lovers. The top has small vents at the edges so the steam is released and the popped kernels stay crisp. And the best news is that the house does not fill with the stink of the prepackaged microwave popcorn. This is such a healthy option and the cost is just slightly more than a box of six microwave packages. What a great deal and so tasty. I had no burned kernels and the bowl and top were a snap to wash.
on February 17, 2017
With all the chemicals and unhealthy oils in prepackaged microwave popcorn, I was looking for an option for making our own healthier version and I think this Nordic Ware Popper fits the bill quite well, at a very reasonable price. I wanted to be able to use healthy oils, such as coconut or ghee, and add my own seasonings or salt and I liked that you could add these before popping, if desired. I chose this style over the collapsible silicone versions, as other silicone items I have tend to be hard to clean, especially if using oils that solidify. This one washes up very easily, and can be put in the dishwasher. It has taken a bit of trial and error to get the knack of achieving a perfect batch, and we did have quite a few no-pops and some scorches in the learning curve, but it is worth the trouble to find the right timing, technique, popcorn type, etc., for your own situation. When you get it right, you have delicious, crisp, healthy popcorn to suit your own tastes at a fraction of the cost of the unhealthy bags. I have experimented with adding 1-2 tablespoons of oil, along with Flavacol theatre-style popcorn seasoning before cooking. I have had better results preheating the oil and seasonings (along with the bowl) first, adding 1/3 C popcorn and swirling in the hot oil in the bowl, then cooking on highest level for a little more than 4 minutes. I did find that using oil tends to splatter the walls of the microwave due to the ventilation slots on the sides of the lid. This is easily remedied by draping an open napkin or paper towel kitty-corner over the lid while popping. So far, the popper and lid show little signs of use, no warping of the lid or discoloration yet, so I am hopeful that this popper will perform well over the long haul.
on July 8, 2016
This is one of the best purchases I've made in awhile! It makes great popcorn with or without oil. I've even made kettlecorn in it. I grind a tablespoon of sugar and about a quarter tsp of salt in my Nutribullet until it's fine (you could also use baker's sugar and popcorn salt, which are both very finely milled, I just don't keep them on hand). I put a quarter cup of kernels in the bowl, and start cooking them in the microwave. Once there is a small layer of popped kernels I pause it, take out the bowl, and quickly sprinkle the fine mixture over the popcorn. I find doing it this way minimizes the amount stuck to the bowl. Happy popping!
on April 18, 2016
I really had high hopes for this due to the reviews. I wish I can return it but I guess it's not possible since I used it already.
My kids love popcorn and we probably make popcorn 2-3 times a week. Previous to purchasing this I used a glass mixing bowl put organic corn kernels and cover with a lid that didn't fit so I had to tape the sides every time in order to keep the lid on when the popcorn
pops. It was a pain to do that. I was so happy to find this item with promising reviews.
However first time use, the popcorn burned so bad even though I followed the instructions. The burn left an ugly brownish stain on the bowl and lid.
I decided I should try again with less corn and less time(2.5min) again, again slightly burnt popcorn.
Thought I should try twice more before leaving a review but both failed. Bowl itself when it came out the box felt quite heavy and sturdy but
the edges were so rough and there was a big dent on the foot of the bowl. First impression wasn't so good either.
Also, I don't like how the lid becomes so flexible right out of the microwave, just makes me wonder if the plastic would be leaching anything.
We're back to using the glass mixing bowl. At least with the glass I don't have to worry about chemicals.
22 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 6, 2016
My buddy got this for his birthday and shared it on Facebook for how great it was. I LOL'd and he admonished me. I called his bluff and ordered it. Got it today. Amazing. Simply amazing. Light, fluffy, perfect popcorn. Perfect. No oil, no butter, nothing. Just light fluffy popcorn. I don't know what they did, but this is the only way I will ever eat popcorn again. Perfect snack that is almost calorie neutral. Did I mention it is perfect?
on November 18, 2016
Great bowl...poor lid. The lid slowly sinks in on itself and becomes brittle over time and will break. I'm not sure why they couldn't make the lid out of the same/similar material as the bottom but it is a shortcoming. Thankfully, we had a pyrex round glass lid (Corning maybe?) from an old dutch-oven that actually fit amazingly perfect and because it is round, it leaves the corners open for steam to escape but not popcorn or kernels. This will be the one and only time in my life to experience such a deal and lucky coincidence. So if your lid has seen better days, there IS a pyrex round glass lid that will fit it perfectly. Maybe I can be persuaded to update this with the numbers I found around the glass lid's edge in case someone really wants to replace the crappy plastic lid. BTW, this is the second crappy plastic lid that I've gone through and now we should be set for life (praying we don't break this glass lid!!!!). Great bowl...poor lid.