Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 10, 2015
I just love this great Nordic Ware Cake Pan. This is the second one I have ordered, because I love it so much. I bake a lot of cakes, and must have at least 25 or more Nordic Ware Cake Pans. I am VERY PLEASED WITH ALL OF THEM. The one I most recently received holds 18 cups and that was a big surprise, because I was expecting it to be 16 cups, like the one I had purchased some years ago. It browns the cake to a perfectly golden and even color brown. I love the price that I paid for it as well as the heavy duty style of the pan. The 2 side handles makes for easy removal from the oven. Nordic Ware holds up to it's name and quality with this pan. I even told my SIL about how perfect it is for baking. Especially if you are baking a large cake. This is the first cake I baked in my new 18 cup capacity Cake Pan. I cannot say enough great things about this wonderful cake pan. So glad I got a great deal from Amazon. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS PAN PURCHASE.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 8, 2015
All of the batter fit! YES! My cake cooked up beautifully and turned out of the pan perfectly. I was hoping I wouldn't regret shelling out the money for this cake pan and I am so very pleased with this purchase.
review imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 7, 2016
#1. I very rarely write reviews
#2. I am the most frugal person you'll probably EVER meet!
#3. This is the best money I've spent in a LONG time!
--I only made this purchase because of the high reviews and couldn't believe I was spending this much money on a cake pan. For years I had used my grandmother's amazing pound cake recipe in an aluminum pan she gave me (which had become scratched over time). Over the last couple of years I began having problems getting the cake out without it sticking and had become so frustrated I was ready to throw in the towel. My final attempt was to purchase a new pan and this one made my cake turn out beautifully! My cakes always tasted delicious and now they look as beautiful as they taste.... Baking Grandmother's cake is once again a pleasurable experience for me!
review image
on June 13, 2016
My 25+ year old aluminum bundt pan lost it's non-stick resilience and my traditional lightweight two-piece angel food pan was becoming quite a chore to grease/flour - with the added risk of leakage, hence my search for pans to replace one -or- both of them.

This NORDIC WARE POUND CAKE PAN is the PERFECT ONE to serve both purposes! The size is tremendous at 18+ cup capacity. It accommodates a 1.5 batch Jewish Apple Cake and bakes it to perfection without a dripping mess of batter cascading over and down the sides! And when time to remove the cake from the pan, I need not have fretted, for the beautifully browned cake slid right from the pan without issue. (And the pan was a breeze to clean, too.) I get compliments all of the time on the appearance of my cakes, especially my sister who always exclaims, "How do you get your cakes to rise to such great heights?". (NOTE: I usually increase my cake recipes to 1.5 to accommodate big appetites and/or more guests. I guess it makes it visually appealing as well.)

The weight of the pan IS substantial (mid weight), but no where near the weight of cast iron pans. It's certainly not too heavy for this 50+ year old to wield, especially in light of the wonderful culinary results obtained. The only caveat of this pan for me has been the discovery that this pan is about 1/4 inch taller than my old angel food pan, thus requiring me to do some "rearranging" within the cabinets, however the trade off is negligible -- plus I gained horizontal space as I now use this NORDIC WARE pan for both bundt and angel food cakes. Gee, I never thought I'd LOVE a cake pan... but THIS ONE's the bomb!
on August 24, 2016
Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Pound Cake Pan

I LOVE this pan! I have been looking for a quality tube pan like my grandmother used every Christmas for her applesauce cakes. I was only able to find the very lightweight 2-pc tube pans made specifically for angel food cakes. Those won't work, as leaking is an issue as well as cakes being over baked on the bottom thanks to the thin and uneven pan bottom of the 2-pc pans (I tried repeatedly to make it work!)

I had no luck finding a 1 pc tube pan, of any quality, in and around my area. I finally found this one by Nordic Ware here on Amazon, thankfully. The pan is heavy weight and of the quality expected from Nordic Ware. I am excited to use the pan to make my grandmother's applesauce cake for the holidays this year.
on October 23, 2015
Great first use! Cake slipped right out ( I did use Pam too just in case), thinker than Moms 1970's aluminum cake pan. Sides came out lighter than my dark nonstick pan so I was pleased as that was the purpose for buying it. Will keep playing with my cooking time.
review imagereview image
on August 15, 2017
Nicely made but was surprised the cake stuck to the pan considering the smooth interior. Most recipes tell you not to grease the inside as it effects the egg whites process when making Angel Food Cake. This particular pan you should not use a knife or metal scrapper as it will damage the interior which appears to be coated. Took a bit of time for cleanup but overall a good heavy duty pan. The inside tube does stick out a little above the rim so you can cool the cake upside down but you need to place some support to keep the pan steady or as some suggest place it over the neck of a bottle.
on February 2, 2018
Substantially cast, and superbly crafted; this Nordic Ware Platinum tube pan is flawless. Heavy gauged aluminum evenly distributes heat for uniformed baking. Single-piece construction is incredibly sturdy, and easily managed, thanks to the built in handles.
The heavily-coated nonstick interior enabled a seamless unmolding of my Jewish Apple Cake, yielding a uniform delicate golden crust; as always, I pretreated my pan’s interior by evenly coating Baker’s Joy with a pastry brush, and lined the bottom with parchment.
Cleanup is a breeze; I could have simply wiped out the oil-sheened interior with a paper towel (but who are we kidding?...I’m way too ODC for that!).
This Nordic Ware Tube Pan is perfect; with proper care, its classic appeal and thoughtful craftsmanship should last you a lifetime.
on February 22, 2015
Cakes come out of this pan perfectly baked, no sticking. That being said, note that this is NOT shaped like an angel food cake pan. The sides are straight so my cakes, which used to stand very tall, are now only 3" tall. I'll probably replace because of that
on October 31, 2017
I used for an Angel Food cake and will say it cooked it evenly and beautifuly.. but... it does stick as you don't spray with angel food cake... so I will keep to use for other type cakes.. Just order the Chicago metallic pan for angel food.. I will say all the Nordic Ware pans are fantastic as to baking!