Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 20, 2016
Good pan, very nonstick, scratch resistant, easy to clean, even cooking temperature on my glass top.
negative item - the rubber handle slides off very easily making it impossible to flip food in the pan.
Plus the pan handle could slide out and fall to the floor if your not careful.
I wrapped the metal handle in electrical tape then wedged the rubber handle back on, now it stays on but
I can no longer put the pan in the oven, which was one of the product features.
5 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on September 24, 2014
This is a really good fry pan, for larger quantities of food. My previously biggest fry pan was only 12 inches. It is great for cooking bigger batches of vegetable at home, on a non-industrial range top..

It doesn't come with a lid, so I got a cheap aluminum lid, found on a restaurant supply website, to fit.The inner diameter at the top of the pan is about 13-3/4 inches. The aluminum flanged lid has a flange outer diameter of about 13-1/2 inches, with a lid outer diameter of 14-5/8 inches. The lid model I got is Update International, model number ALPC-20, and it works OK. This flat style of lid doesn't allow the fry pan to be overfilled, so you might want to get a different style of lid to cover the pan.
3 helpful votes
on November 10, 2017
When it was flat, it was great! After about 5 months of use the bottom began to bow out in the center. This prevents the pan from sitting flat on the surface of my range. Now, liquids slide to one side & some foods are not cooked evenly. I have been in touch with Nordic Ware's warranty department. They have been quick to respond thus far. I will update this as the claim process progresses. It's nearly impossible for me to show the bowing pan in the photos unfortunately.
review imagereview imagereview image
on July 13, 2017
These are great quality, well-priced non-stick pans. I use my 10" version daily and couldn't live without it. I even take it on vacation if there's going to be a kitchen. Bought this size for the occasional single egg or smaller, auxiliary cooking needs. They are well priced for the quality so I don't mind rebuying when the finish shows any sign of wear. Even with daily use you should get 2-5 years out of it.
VINE VOICEon July 28, 2014
This is a fantastic pan! I highly recommend it to anyone who is a home cook looking for a reliable non-stick pan that will stand the test of time as long as you don't scratch it and take good care when you clean it. I purchased this with what is listed on Amazon as the Nordic Ware Restaurant 10 inch brushed stainless-steel lid. They fit together great. The lip on the lid covers the pan. There is some extra lip around the edges of the lid when it is fit on the pan. I think this is to give the lid greater flexibility in working well with different pan sizes. In any case, I LOVE THIS PAN! It is a very reasonable price for a pan that is likely to last you 8-10 years.
2 helpful votes
Enthusiast: Bakingon September 26, 2010
This is no nonsense restaurant quality cookware. It doesn't have a 4 layer bottom made of layers of copper, iron, Damascus steel and silver. It's not coated with titanium or plated with gold. The handle isn't graceful and elegant. It isn't very pretty. Who cares? If you have to cook a lot, and don't always treat your pans like exquisite kitchen jewelry, this one is for you. This is one tough pan. Nordic is not kidding with the name; this is commercial grade stuff.

The no-stick coating works very well, and it's tough enough to stand up to occasional use of metal utensils. The rubber handle cover comes off for cleaning, and to allow you to put the pan in the oven; you can bake in it if you want to. The metal handle is attached with giant rivets; it's never ever going to come lose. Use the rubber handle cover; it gives you a nice big gripping surface and it stays cool.

It's not going to last forever. But I've got 3 years out of mine so far, and it's still in great shape. Very good cost:performance ratio.
43 helpful votes
44 helpful votes
on June 27, 2011
I use to feel the same way about non-stick pans as does J. Clevenger--why buy All-clad when the coating is going to wear out before the rest of the pan?

I like the weight of my 12" skillet from Nordic Ware. I like the grip ( I don't use this pan in the oven). The coating is holding up well. My wife and I use it as much as any pan we have.

The only complaint that I have is that the bottom has warped slightly so that it does not sit completely flat on my glass cook top. Having said that, it still functions well, heats quickly, and does everything I want a nonstick skillet to do. The Cusinart 12" pan that I replaced with this one never warped at all but the coating did not last as long as I thought it should have.

All-in-all not bad for the price, but next time I might just consider an All-clad.
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on April 2, 2013
Update after 6 weeks: The silver finish on the base of the pan is flaking off all the way around, and the nonstick finish has dozens of little nicks in it. The nicks in the nonstick finish are from someone else stirring with a metal utensil, but the flaking on the base is from normal use. So, after 6 weeks of use, it looks like it's 6 years old. This was a waste of $30.

Original review: I had the (almost) identical pan for 5+ years. Looked exactly like this, NSF-stamp and all. Except the base said "Restaurant Cookware" and it was about three times as thick as this. I threw it out last week because the nonstick coating was flaking. I was delighted when I discovered the seemingly identical pan for so little money. I was somewhat less delighted when it arrived and I saw how thin it was. My wife says it's harder to cook with because it doesn't retain any heat. But it seems to be the same tough non-stick coating, same riveted handle, same rubber grip. So, a decent pan, and probably worth exactly what it cost--30 bucks.
5 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on October 12, 2015
I've had this pan for about three months and used it on a nearly daily basis. So far, so good! I have not seen any flaking. I use an electric oven but can get pretty consistent heat with this pan.

I chose this particular pan because I was looking for a non-stick that was made in America. Some pans out there are double or triple the price and still made overseas.
3 helpful votes
on November 27, 2016
Found these Sunday before thanksgiving and knew I had 40 people coming Thursday. Read reviews. Went for it and soooo glad I did. Look good weight is nice have washed twice as no issues. Will match up spoons of same brand and look forward to same quality. Don't hesitate to buy these they are vey nice.