Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nordic Ware Universal 8 Cup Double Boiler Fits 2 to 4 Quart Sauce Pans
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fits pot and pans from 6 to 9 inches in diameter (2 to 4 quarts)
- Made of aluminum with nonstick interior for easy release
- Easy to clean
- Designed for gently heating sauces, melting cheese, chocolate
- Made in the USA
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Cuisinart FCT1113-18 French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 3-Piece Saucepan and Double Boiler Set
All-Clad 4703-DB Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe Double Boiler Insert Cookware, 3-Quart, Silver
Lianzhi Stainless Steel Baking Tools, Double Boiler Universal Insert
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||5.8 x 10.3 x 4.3 in||16.5 x 8.75 x 8 in||3.5 x 18.3 x 8 in||2.4 x 9.8 x 4.29 in|
|Material Type||Nonstick-Coating||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Additional Features||—||Electric Stovetop Compatible, Gas Stovetop Compatible, Induction Stovetop Compatible, Dishwasher Safe||Dishwasher Safe||—|
The universal double broiler fits any 2 to 4 quart sauce pan. The boiler has an 8 cup capacity and a non-stick finish for easy clean up. Proudly made in the USA by Nordic Ware.
Cleverly design with a series of concentric grooves, this conical double boiler insert fits any pot or pan that's 6 to 9 inches in diameter or 1 to 4 quarts in capacity. The double boiler itself holds 2 quarts. Designed for gently heating delicate sauces or for melting cheese or chocolate, the boiler is made of aluminum and has a nonstick interior so it easily releases foods and cleans effortlessly. One of its handles has a hole for easy hanging on a pot rack. The double boiler carries a 5-year warranty against defects. --Fred Brack
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The first thing I did was melt some chocolate and it worked great; I used the, now melted, chocolate on some cheese cake stuffed strawberries. Then I made some brownies and melted white chocolate to get that marbled look. I also melted peanut butter chips for the same brownies. It worked so well I melted some Snickers bars and used the Snicker liquid mixed with melted marshmallows as a cake filling and the Nordic works great in many different pots. After the onset of the Diabetus I took to Google to find other delicious thing I could Double Boil. I made hollandaise sauce and a hollandaise like sauce for chicken.
It cleans well, is easy to store due to its smallness and could be used as a helmet.
PS: I also told my hubby (he's so gullible) that it was a hat that I can wear so Aliens can't read my mind. Funny. He almost thought I was serious!
I highly recommend getting this little baby even if you only use it once a year for Christmas cookies! It definitely saved time cleaning chocolate out of pans and bowls and was easy to use.
1. Because this is a "generic" insert, intended to fit a variety of pots, it isn't a perfect fit in any particular pot. This means that when trying to stir thick sauces and fondues, it tends to spin with the stirring motion, and since it doesn't have a long handle, it can be hard to hold onto to prevent the spinning while trying to stir the food.
2. The bottom is curved, which means it can't be set down on a table or kitchen counter by itself without tipping sideways. It is this oversight in the design that is why I give the product only four stars instead of five. It would have been easy enough to design and manufacture it with at least a small area of flat bottom so it could sit upright.
3. The non-stick coating doesn't feel very thick or durable. I suggest stirring of the food be done only with "soft" utensils, like rubber spatulas; avoid using wooden spoons if possible (and definitely not metal). If you have a heat resistant rubber spatula, like one designed for candy making, that's what you want to use.
4. It requires a pot with fairly tall sides. It won't work with shallow saucepans.
Summary: if you only need a double boiler a few times per year, and don't want to spend $50+ for a purpose-built one, this product is adequate for preparing small batches of foods like cheese fondue.
Sure enough, I find this! This bowl is non-stick coated and has ridges on the side to keep it from sliding around on the pot. Plus it's able to slide in with the mixing bowls for storage! This covers my needs perfectly for those few time a year I need to double boil. I've only used it once so far but it heated better than my other metal bowl, and cleaned up nicely. The only caveat might be that the bowl has a round bottom which doesn't allow you to set it down outside of the pot. But I'm assuming that's for more efficient heating, so a simple solution is to just keep it in the pot! Highly recommended.