Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 26, 2010
Any genitals that you put in front of this beast will come out smooth and shorn - as if the job were done professionally. At first, I was a little leery about putting something so violent near my most precious of bits, but the Norelco 5615X Advantage Shaver was very gentle. It felt as if the hair was being licked off by kittens. Because the unit is wet/dry, you are free to use any combination of shave gels or scented oils that you might want to employ on your quest to send your genitals through the fountain of youth.

The only downside is that you've got to clean this unit manually, kind of like your own unit. Brushing and wiping short-and-curlies and scented oils out of small blades is nearly impossible, and because of that, upon your next usage, some tugging and pulling might occur. This unit is now inexpensive enough to employ as a single-use disposable item.
on August 14, 2001
This Norelco shaver replaces a two year old Remington wet/dry rotary shaver that was remarkable for its cheap construction. I had grown used to the comfort of a wet shave but had sworn off Norelco shavers due to their relatively high cost until I found this one. At $64.99, this Norelco has to be the best deal going. It dispenses self-contained Nivea lotion that results in a smooth, close and burn-free shave. Cleaning is a snap..just rinse under hot running water. There is a "deluxe" model available (#5655X) but I doubt the additional $80 is going to result in a better shave. This is a great combination...traditional Norelco quality, the comfort of a wet shave and a super price. It includes an electronic on/off switch, charge indicator light, counter top charging stand, travel case and a supply of Nivea shaving lotion cartridges. Unbeatable combination!
on January 7, 2003
Does about the same job as any regular 3 headed norelco. Although the floating heads does a closer shave than ones without. I also like the convenience of the gel dispenser.
Con:
1. The plastic back cover is very fragile. Cracks easily.
2. Inconvenience of the trimmer which requires the entire head to be removed.
3. Can ONLY be used as cordless (due to docking charger). Can't shave while it's plugged in like my older model.
on May 31, 2003
I got this shaver just about 5 years ago. Thing was great. The lotion is what sold me and I used that 4 almost a total of one month. That is something that you have 2 clean each time u use it. If u do not, when u do clean it,,, have fun. But overall this thing has taken falls, drops, step ons, dives in tubs, cartwheels down steps, u name it. The thing going on it now is the battery. But hey, after 5 years-ish, it is allowed. I stopped with the lotion but it does smell good. The shaver itself is very dependable and does a decent shave if u put the time into it.
on December 31, 2002
I have been a fan of "wet" shaving for years. Frankly I wonder why anyone shaves with a dry face. This shaver is quiet and shaves as close as it gets! With this great price- it's time you moved to a wet/ dry shaver.
What I don't like is the trimmer attapter. Although it works fine- I do not like having to pull the heads off to insert the trimmer. I fear the plastic hinge might break (it hasn't).
I lotion seems like a gimick- but it does dispense the nice gliding solution. With a wet face with a little soap- there is no closer shave
Stew
on January 25, 2003
Before Christmas my husband saw this shaver and wanted it because of the wet/dry feature, but it was just too expensive. A couple of days later, I saw it on sale at Amazon.com for [$$$] and I ordered it on the spot. Once it arrived, my husband immediately stopped using his older Norelco and put it in a drawer. He gets the most comfortable, close shave he has ever gotten partially because of a wet shave and partially because of the warm shaving cream that is available with the shaver. It cleans up with just a quick swish under running water. He just loves it! He is recommending it to any- and everyone shopping for a new shaver.
on February 23, 2003
The Shaver: Norelco triple-head shaver does a nice job. Better then my triple-foil R*******n electric shaver. Mows my 4-day-old stubble with no problems. Quieter then my other shaver.
The Nivea Lotion: Makes for a smooth shave. One cartridge lasts about 12 days. Longer if you pat a little water on the skin before shaving. Change the lotion cartridge in a few seconds. It appears to me that my skin is tighter and smoother after a month of use, like a minor face-lift.
Cleanup: Open the heads and rinse the cutters with hot tap water from both sides along with the top of the shaver. Leave open to dry.
on May 19, 2003
I THOUGHT WHAT A GREAT IDEA: WASH OUT THE MESS OF WHISKERS AND CLEAN THE RAZOR. WRONG! AFTER ABOUT THREE MONTHS I TOOK IT APART TO CHANGE THE LOTION BAG AND THE CUTTERS WERE A MESS. I CAN'T SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN WHAT I HAD BEEN DOING (ONLY MORE OFTEN-ONCE A MONTH AS THE BOOK SAYS) FOR THE LAST 40 YEARS IE: TEAR IT DOWN, BRUSH ALL PARTS OFF, PUT IN A SHALLOW DISH, POUR ON ALCOHOL, THEN DRY ON TISSUE, REASSEMBLE, PUT DROP OF MACHINE OIL ON HEADS AND RUB ON PALM OF HAND FOR A FEW MINUTES. I DON'T THINK THE HEADS ARE DULL, JUST CRAPPED UP AND PROBABLY SLOWED DOWN, WHICH MADE MY NECK RED. USED AQUA VELVA FOR ALMOST 50 YEARS, BEFORE THAT MY FATHER'S OLD SPICE AND REMINGTON.
on January 31, 2003
This was my first electirc shaver and I haven't liked the experience. The primary motivation for buying this shaver was to save time in the morning and get a closer shave without damaging the skin. Except for getting a closer shave, it takes much longer to shave with the electric shaver and skin get very red. The shaver is totally not suitable for shaving on soft skin like that near the neck. It takes almost twice the time to shave than it does with an ordinary razor. It does not work well when your hair has grown for 3-4 days.
on February 3, 2003
In 23 years of marriage I have not been able to persuade my husband to use an electric shaver. I've spent hundreds of dollars on disposable razors. On a whim, I bought this razor, and it was the best investment I've made this year. I can't get him to stop shaving!! What used to be a scraggly, unkept man, now looks like someone from the pages of GQ. Give it a try...You won't regret it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.