Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Norman Rockwell's Christmas Book: Revised and Updated
Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 13, 2009
I own the original 1977 edition of this book so when I saw this 2009 revised edition I bought 2 - one for each of my daughters who are now grown and married. They enjoyed looking at and being read to from my copy of the book with me when they were little. They were both thrilled with this pre-holiday treat I presented to them when they came home at Thanksgiving. So pleased was I with the new book, I bought 3 more as gifts for bosses from a group of staff co-workers and another for an old friend!
The contents of art and stories are a quaint and lovely collection sure to provide enjoyment for years, I think. It has done that for me anyway. Rockwell was such a talented artist whose work defined a generation of Americans.
on December 12, 2015
I was given this book many years ago. I cherish it to this day and have given one to my daughter and one to my daughter-in-law. It is full of beautiful colored pictures, large, dark print, like you rarely see today and so many wonderful stories and recipes you cannot imagine. One of the rare books with many colors inside. It is beautiful and highly recommended!
on August 31, 2012
If you like Norman Rockwell, this is a wonderful book to buy. Not only does it have a lot of his work reproduced, with excellent color, there are a bunch of prints you can remove and frame, if you want (copies underneath still in the book). Also, there are some very nice stories which kids can read, not just grown-ups. And, as a long-time piano teacher and Church musician, with a large library of Christmas music, I can tell you that the arrangements for the Christmas music are really nice and interesting, but at a level that an intermediate piano player can easily sit down and play, and in a range for most voices to comfortably sing, so great for group singing too. We have given it to most of our children (there are just a few who don't appreciate Rockwell, but their kids grabbed up the book and spent a long time with it!). It's a fine gift, and at a very reasonable price. We get it out every year at our house.
on May 2, 2017
A collecters iten.
on January 11, 2014
I have the original version of this book and my family has enjoyed it for many years. It was nice to have the opportunity to find this updated version as a gift for my daughter who is an "over-board" Christmas-lover. The variety of its content pulls you in as you page through stories, songs, pictures, etc. It's also a nice size for gifting because it is a full-size book and not paperbacked.
on April 25, 2015
Bought as a gift....The book is beautifully illustrated. Great purchase!
on November 3, 2015
My only complaint was that the cover was not what I thought it would be. It was gaudy looking, like shiny wrapping paper. It didn't come across that way in it's picture on Amazon. Also looked just very slightly used. If I had seen it in the store I wouldn't have picked that copy.
on September 22, 2015
This has been a family Christmas classic for a couple generations. I bought this copy for my siblings so we could continue the tradition. It includes classic stories and stories that became classics, as well as hymns and poetry. Truly lovely. Glad I found copies for the sibs!
on February 5, 2016
a very beautiful book to give to that special person who enjoys Christmas, fine art and story tails
on December 16, 2009
This Christmas book is something I grew up with, and spent many hours poring over...I love the collection of stories, poems, carols, and recipes! Now that I have my own family I had to get this to share with my 2 yr. old daughter. I look forward to reading the stories aloud for years to come, and even trying the recipes for the first time. I sang her a carol, and it was nice to have the lyrics as I had forgotten many of them. After I finished singing, she said "again!" I am so happy to add this book to my collection.