|Item Weight||2.7 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||11.6 x 5.9 x 5.7 inches|
|Item model number||GS5-988|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
|Warranty Description||Limited 2 Year|
Normande Lighting GS5-988 3W LED Desk Lamp with Flexible Gooseneck, Brushed Steel
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Also Shopped For
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Overall i am very happy with the purchase. love my lamp.
Anyway, my major complaint is that it is slightly too small to illuminate the desk without seeing and getting glare from the emitter, which has almost no hood. I'd love maybe another 7" of gooseneck, so I could have the emitter high enough to illuminate a large portion of my workspace, yet bend it down far enough so I cannot directly see it, and thus be blinded by it. Either that, or a more effective hood.
If the LED bulbs last a long time, this will be a 5-star product in every respect. If they do not have a long life, I will amend this review.
* The brushed nickel finish is classy-looking and nice
* It doesn't take up a lot of room on a desktop (small footprint)
* The on/off switch is easy to locate right in the front of the lamp
* The neck is flexible and adjustable so you can arrange the light how you would like
* The lamp gives off very very bright white light -- harsh almost. It isn't a "cozy glow" but rather feels a bit like you are working in an operating room under stark white lights. This might be good for some people but I found it a bit off-putting and almost too much. Even when adjusting the neck to make the light a bit less intense, there wasn't much I could do to lessen it. It also caused a bit of a glare on my son's laminate desktop, which was a bit distracting
* I've read that you cannot replace the lightbulb if/when it burns out. This is a major drawback and that alone would prevent me from buying this light (especially with a $40+ price tag).
In the end, I can't recommend this light due to the short shelf life of the product. The inability to replace the bulb is a major problem and cannot be overlooked. So, despite an attractive appearance, I'd have to give this lamp a rating of 2 stars.
Out of the box, it looks like any other desk lamp - brushed steel, flexible gooseneck, toggle switch close to the base for ease of use.
Very slight assembly required that any teenager could do. 3-watt LED bulb that is non-replaceable so you have to consider the $40.00 price to be a throwaway item. The bulb puts off a bluer tone rather than the curious color of the new ecofriendly bulbs.
Lights up a large area so will work well as either a desk or a bed table-reading lamp. Because it is LED, there is minimal heat generated so there should be no concern for younger children.
Overall, the price versus dependability should make you think twice, but for the last couple of weeks we have had no problems.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a great reading lamp, and the quality is very good.Of course it is LED, so I hope it performs for a long time, as bulb is not replaceable.Published on March 13, 2013 by Gloria
I got this lamp as a Christmas present and the bulb didn't even last through February! So much for the wild claims of led bulbs lasting thousands of hours. Read morePublished on March 1, 2013 by Amazon Customer
The first lamp I recieved didn't work and I had to send it back. Got the replacement promptly and without problem. Read morePublished on January 15, 2013 by Amazon Customer
I've tried this light in several spots around the house. It works well on a bedside stand. I especially like the way it illuminates music on my piano without being obtrusive. Read morePublished on December 14, 2012 by groomRN
I love this lamp. It's perfect for when you need a nice bright light. Can be a little too bright for general things. The bendable neck is sweet however. Read morePublished on November 15, 2012 by Zia
This is a really lovely desk lamp with a simple design, a very bright LED light, a very flexible (but stable) neck and perfectly weighted base for great stability. Read morePublished on November 15, 2012 by Alicia Van Hecke
So although I think this is an attractive unit I am not sure I will use it very much. The device itself is attractive enough. Read morePublished on October 25, 2012 by Peter Dykhuis
It's pretty evident the folks at Normande Lighting are guided by the notion that form follows function. Read morePublished on October 23, 2012 by Rett01
This is a nice light, but I can't give it 5 stars for two reasons.
1). The LED light is bright white and hard on the eyes.
2). Read more