Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Norpro Grip-EZ Meat Hammer
Package Quantity: 1|Size: 10in/25.5cm|Change
Price:$8.57+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on April 25, 2016
Just with one wash, most of the shinny coating peeled off, exposing the the dark grey metal inside. If you touch it, you will get the grey powder all over your hand. I think it is some sort of aluminum compound.
on April 28, 2014
We found it's easy to use, it has good balance, and it's easy to clean. Both my boyfriend and I love it. We recommend this product.
I was looking for a meat hammer to replace the one that I inherited from my mother, and which had lasted for better than 60 years, but finally gave up the ghost just recently. Sometimes you've just got to have a 'meat masher' for those times when you want to make schnitzel or cube steak or just tenderize a tough cut. This product works great and because of the way it's constructed, the weight is well balanced and it's easy to clean even though you can't put it in the dishwasher...word of caution, cleaning it immediately after using makes the cleaning easy, otherwise, you might have to soak the pokey end in some detergent suds...but it just makes sense to clean your utensils right after you use them. All in all, we love this product.
on December 28, 2013
About a meat hammer! It hammers, pounds, flattens, tenderizes, and will draw blood from any body part that gets in the way. It does a good job, has a nice handle, and the weight is sufficient to pound anything into submission!
on April 19, 2018
For years, since I was a teenager and started cooking, I always used an iron skillet to pound meat. It "worked" but, I couldn't see what it was I was pounding, so some places would get thinner than others. That's why I decided to finally buy one of these, and I'm very glad I did. It has excellent balance so a lot of its pressure comes from gravity, not the human raising it up and down, which makes pounding meat quicker and easier. The comfort grip handle is also very nice because it keeps the hammer from slipping out of your hand, and your hand does not get tired.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
What can I say? The nature of this product lends itself to a little crude humor. Sorry about that. Now that I've got it out of my system, on to the actual product review. I needed one of these to make my famous chicken rolls as our old one got lost in a move. This is actually a much better meat hammer than our last one due to the rubberized grip--I was still operating with a 1980's model with a wooden handle until now. It has enough heft, but is not too heavy for a woman (me). It cleans up well. I don't put it in the dishwasher because it seems to have a galvanized surface that I think would pit easily when exposed to the dishwashing detergent. I haven't used the flat side yet, but I usually used the flat part of my old one to sort of level out pork chops and other grilling cuts that don't need perforating or tenderizing. This was a bit cheaper than I found locally.
on September 26, 2017
I hate Chickens* and this helps me cope.

*the frozen kind that isn't flat

I also use it to get ice cubs out my ice trays

sometime I like to talk to people with it in my hand

Definitely worth it for money
on May 18, 2014
That's where I am with this item - I just wanted to round out my selection of kitchen tools. This item is a keeper. It is solidly built, good weight, and has a flattening side and a ridged side for tenderizing those lower cost cuts of various meats. If you enjoy half chicken breasts that need to be pounded out to a larger single serving, this tool is for you. Great for all those meat recipes that require a larger cooking surfaces. As they do in all their departments, Amazon has a wide selection of this specific tool and an equally wide price. Add PRIME to all that and you're well ahead of the game.
on November 26, 2016
I bought this because every other Norpro item I've purchased deserves 5 stars, and because of the ergonomic handle which other reviewers said was excellent. And indeed it is!! I pound up to 25 chicken breasts at a time for freezing, and with my previous mallet my hand/wrist would become store by the 15th breast. With this hammer, I think could easily pound 100. And this is why I LOVE Norpro!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 26, 2015
This is a very useful kitchen tool. The handle is comfortable and it is perfectly weighted to get the job done. But be FORWARNED this tool is not dishwasher safe. In all fairness the directions stated so on the package. However, my son forgot and ran it through the dishwasher. It was no longer shiney and silver but rather dull and gray. It still works perfectly and I still use it all the time. It just doesn't look as nice. Because it is not dishwasher safe and accidents like that happen, I knocked off one star.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 31, 2017
Works best if you announce you are going to use THE MEAT HAMMER loudly with thundering god like voice!