Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 9in/23 x 2in/5cm|Change

Showing 1-10 of 225 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 236 reviews
on May 14, 2013
The "bristles" -- I'm not really sure what to call them, since they're more like silicone rods molded with a base -- are nice and soft; they're perfectly spaced to hold thick basting liquids and release them exactly where you want. You don't end up with half your marinade stuck in the brush as happens with those with hundreds of fine bristles. It's a very good design. Plus, it's made of quality materials that should stand up without any degradation at all to as many dishwasher cycles as you'd likely expose it to. Highly Recommended.
on February 8, 2015
Growing up we had a wooden basting brush with bristles. I remember the bristles would fall out into the food as we tried to baste anything. The poor brush looked like it was molting. Given this poor experience with basting brushes, I always just used a spoon to drizzle my sauce on. When I discovered they make silicone brushes, I was pretty excited. This thing works great! Best part is that I can throw it in the dishwasher, and it won't come out looking bald and sad. I've had this for about 2 years now, with semi-regular use, throwing it into the dishwasher, and still looks great.

My personal favorite use is to coat homemade pizza crusts with butter. Then sprinkle them with parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Tastes just like delivery (or better!)
on September 2, 2017
The Norpro Silicone Basting Brush has been a fantastic addition to my kitchen. I already used it to baste my BBQ chicken, my butter rolls, and and my salmon with a lemon ginger sauce after catching a pound of salmon from a fishing trip in Alaska. Each time the brush was great in terms of easy handling and cleaning. The best part to me was how the silicone material absorbed the sauces and butter in a way that caused most of the marinade to be spread and distributed onto the food and not stuck in the bristles and therefore wasted. Without fine bristles the glaze smoothly and evenly covered my chicken and salmon and the butter nicely spread over my rolls. The brush also went through the washing machine without a problem and it looks great in terms of aesthetic. I feel that it nicely compliments my other kitchenware and looks modern and sleek. I have zero complaints and don't see myself buying any other basting brushes besides this one in the future. Fortunately, because it appears to be very sturdy and durable from my eperience thus far, that purchase will likely not be for quite a while.
on October 11, 2016
I'm really surprised this has held up and works this well. I don't like plastic products and expected the handle to melt in the dishwasher, but it hasn't. There isn't any staining from marinades, and it holds a surprising amount. They look nice, too. I'm really pleased with this purchase, especially considering all the stores near me wanted more than this just for one brush, and they didn't even look that nice.
on February 22, 2016
I melt between a teaspoon and Tablespoon of butter at power 50% in the microwave until it starts to melt. Then I brush away. Silicone is floppy and won't scrape solid butter so you will need liquid butter. The brush works great on rectangular baking pans or cookie sheets. Before this brush, I would hold a stick of butter like a pencil to grease cookie sheets and pans. Now I don't use as much butter and the pans are easier to prepare well so nothing sticks. And, this brush never sheds.
on November 23, 2016
Norpro 2018C Silicone Basting Brush, Blue
With Thanksgiving around the corner, I needed a new basting brush to replace a much smaller one that barely moved any sauce around. I knew that Norpro was my go to brand, I have a few other silicone cookware and this brush is a great addition to my kitchen. I love the color, it fits perfectly in my hand: not too heavy, not too light. The handle also says it is heat-resistant up to 500° F, which is great for people, like me, who sometimes leave cooking utensils on the stove. That makes it great for grilling, spreading bbq sauce on some sausages and chicken with ease. No worries about leaving behind any bristles like with a natural basting brush. Not to mention an easy clean up so I can use it for my main course and again for dessert.
on April 25, 2017
these are the best- so much better than the bristled brushes. they really work- spreading whatever- garlic butter, etc, evenly and completely. and they wash up in the dishwasher-they do not hold flavors as other brushes can - and no more sloggy brushes as they dry completely.
on August 16, 2017
After trying several other models, I finally found the perfect basting brush. It’s a pleasure to cook and bake with and so easy to clean! I just stick it in the dishwasher and there are no residual marinade stains. This basting brush holds all of the liquid throughout its smooth bristles for an amazingly even baste and a perfectly tasting dish. I use it for spreading marinades on meats and butter and creams on pastry dishes and none of the bristles are left on my dish as can happen with traditional basting brushes. I plan on using this for a long time as it is very sturdy and looks to be long lasting.
on June 15, 2017
This does a decent job. The brush "hairs" don't have any texture or grooves so they don't hold a lot of liquid like a regular brush would. It does its job, it just takes a little longer.
Nice brush that looks nice and is made like it will last if it's not abused. It works great with oils and melted butter and should be fine in the dishwasher... plus, given what it's made out of (silicone) it should withstand high temperatures well.

Given the prices and selection at a local department store, it was better for me to just buy this.