Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Norpro Silicone Basting Brush, Blue
Package Quantity: 1|Size: 9in/23 x 2in/5cm|Change

on May 14, 2013
The "bristles" -- I'm not really sure what to call them, since they're more like silicone rods molded with a base -- are nice and soft; they're perfectly spaced to hold thick basting liquids and release them exactly where you want. You don't end up with half your marinade stuck in the brush as happens with those with hundreds of fine bristles. It's a very good design. Plus, it's made of quality materials that should stand up without any degradation at all to as many dishwasher cycles as you'd likely expose it to. Highly Recommended.
11 comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 25, 2017
I purchased this exactly 2 years ago so this review should provide some merit from using it for 2 years.
Needed to replace an old basting brush and randomly purchased this not knowing what results I would get. I like this basting brush much better than the bristle brushes because this is much easier to clean up no bristles falling into the cooked meat and I also prefer this because the sauce or marinade transfers easily from brush to meat. The sauce doesn't accumulate at the base of the bristles where the bristles meet the base. I used to paint and am very well accustomed to cleaning bristle brushes and this thing is a piece of cake to clean up. Time will tell how long this will last. I don't put this in the dishwasher so I can prolong the life of this basting brush.
on September 2, 2017
The Norpro Silicone Basting Brush has been a fantastic addition to my kitchen. I already used it to baste my BBQ chicken, my butter rolls, and and my salmon with a lemon ginger sauce after catching a pound of salmon from a fishing trip in Alaska. Each time the brush was great in terms of easy handling and cleaning. The best part to me was how the silicone material absorbed the sauces and butter in a way that caused most of the marinade to be spread and distributed onto the food and not stuck in the bristles and therefore wasted. Without fine bristles the glaze smoothly and evenly covered my chicken and salmon and the butter nicely spread over my rolls. The brush also went through the washing machine without a problem and it looks great in terms of aesthetic. I feel that it nicely compliments my other kitchenware and looks modern and sleek. I have zero complaints and don't see myself buying any other basting brushes besides this one in the future. Fortunately, because it appears to be very sturdy and durable from my eperience thus far, that purchase will likely not be for quite a while.
on October 31, 2017
It's a silicone basting brush. It's easily dishwashed or soaked for hours without effect. It readily holds everything from egg whites to butter to thick sauces and spreads them without drama. It will not shed bristles into your food or, as my last brush did, have half the bristles come out in a clump on the lattice-top apple pie. On the down side, the seller will pester you repeatedly to write a review. I also wonder how long the bristle assembly will stay attached to the handle without sliding off.
on August 17, 2016
This thing is great. I've got no complaints. I use it for icing pastries, egg washing baked goods, slathering sauce on BBQ and more. It's great. I throw it in the dishwasher when I'm finished using it, and have never had a problem.
on February 8, 2015
Growing up we had a wooden basting brush with bristles. I remember the bristles would fall out into the food as we tried to baste anything. The poor brush looked like it was molting. Given this poor experience with basting brushes, I always just used a spoon to drizzle my sauce on. When I discovered they make silicone brushes, I was pretty excited. This thing works great! Best part is that I can throw it in the dishwasher, and it won't come out looking bald and sad. I've had this for about 2 years now, with semi-regular use, throwing it into the dishwasher, and still looks great.

My personal favorite use is to coat homemade pizza crusts with butter. Then sprinkle them with parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Tastes just like delivery (or better!)
on March 6, 2018
I've had the old style wooden handle bristle brush for years, however, I hated cleaning it because you could never get it clean enough. Love this brush, easy to use and very easy to clean. No wood is great. Silicone is so easy to wash out. Nice decorate look also. Wish I had one of these a long time ago. Threw out the old wooden one the same day.
on January 20, 2018
I like this little guy a lot. I'm getting into cooking (even baking bread!) in our old cast iron fry pan and this brush is perfect when re-seasoning the pan and for evenly spreading oils for cooking. Then, using Blue Dawn & as hot water as I can stand, it cleans up quickly and thoroughly.
on February 22, 2016
I melt between a teaspoon and Tablespoon of butter at power 50% in the microwave until it starts to melt. Then I brush away. Silicone is floppy and won't scrape solid butter so you will need liquid butter. The brush works great on rectangular baking pans or cookie sheets. Before this brush, I would hold a stick of butter like a pencil to grease cookie sheets and pans. Now I don't use as much butter and the pans are easier to prepare well so nothing sticks. And, this brush never sheds.
on November 23, 2016
Norpro 2018C Silicone Basting Brush, Blue
With Thanksgiving around the corner, I needed a new basting brush to replace a much smaller one that barely moved any sauce around. I knew that Norpro was my go to brand, I have a few other silicone cookware and this brush is a great addition to my kitchen. I love the color, it fits perfectly in my hand: not too heavy, not too light. The handle also says it is heat-resistant up to 500° F, which is great for people, like me, who sometimes leave cooking utensils on the stove. That makes it great for grilling, spreading bbq sauce on some sausages and chicken with ease. No worries about leaving behind any bristles like with a natural basting brush. Not to mention an easy clean up so I can use it for my main course and again for dessert.