Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 10.5in/26.5cm|Change

Showing 1-10 of 271 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 285 reviews
on September 24, 2014
Good idea, terrible execution. This is an example of what happens when someone designs a product that seems so simple there's no possible way it could be screwed up, so they decide to skip the testing. The result: a purported jar scraper that's too wimpy to scrape out jars. You might as well use a wet noodle. Perhaps if the hard plastic handle extended another 2 inches or so into the silicone, giving it a backbone, it would work better. Also, the silicone at the point where the handle is inserted should be wider than the handle and a bit rounded, so you could clean the area under the jar's "shoulder".

I've had this for nearly two years and still haven't found a good (or any) use for it. As a jar scraper, It's a complete failure. and, given how wimpy it is, I can't imagine that it would be any good as an icing spatula. (In my experience, an icing spatula needs to be rigid so you have some control. The one I use one made of stainless steel and has an offset.) I considered returning this, but it seemed environmentally irresponsible to waste so many resources to return such a small, inexpensive item.

P.S. I noticed that several of the positive reviews have mentioned that it works with mayonnaise. I have to admit that I haven't tried that yet. I don't use much mayonnaise and I usually have to throw it out before reaching the bottom of the jar because the date has expired. Maybe this spatula has value as a mayonnaise jar scraper. If it had been labeled as such, I would never have bought it because 1) I don't use much mayonnaise and 2) I don't believe in buying ultra-specialized gadgets and equipment, unless I expect to use them daily.
on February 28, 2013
I purchased this spatula based on its description and some of the reviews, plus thinking from the picture that it would match a set by Wilton that I already had. The head is not quite as good a quality as the Wilton set, as the head is neither clear blue or smooth silicon like the others; plus, the top half of the spatula head is quite weak/flimsy, so forget about cleaning out that peanut butter or jelly jar. Still, it is very useful for sauces, dressings and other things in skinny jars. It's also useful for stirring just about anything liquid in a glass. I did not find it very useful for icings as I prefer something smoother, wider and flatter. This spatula head is 4" long, 1" wide and 7/16" thick at the base (and for a good 1 inch and a half further) tapering down to about a 1/16 at the tip. Overall, it's 10 1/2 inches long, which, in my view, makes it useful in the kitchen.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 31, 2016
We've been using this spatula for 3 and a half years and it's still in good shape. We don't use it every day, but we do use a couple times a week. It has held up in the dishwasher. The silicone part has remained attached to the plastic handle.

The silicone spatula part is quite limber. That makes it good for conforming to bottle shapes and retrieving condiments. It's not so good for icing unless it is very light and fluffy. We bought it for condiments, so it's not an issue for us.

I like the clear handle and blue color too. The only thing that would make it better would be a red spatula color.
on December 3, 2012
** Update - I've ordered 4 of these, and 4 broke within 5 uses. 2 heads snapped off on the handle, two had heads not fixed to the handle and they keep sliding off. I'm bummed, these were holy grail spatulas for me.

BUYER BEWARE

-- PREVIOUS REVIEW --
Heaven in a Spatula

This spatula has become a daily grabber for me. It's so flexible, I use it to:

- spread oil on cookie sheets and silicone mats
- spread batter into perfect rounds
- get every bit of goodness out of my mixing bowls
- loosen cooked goodies from the pan while still hot
- scoop out every ounce of cream cheese from the container

It's amazing. I love, love, love it so much I just bought a second one, because I'm always using it!

Highly recommended.
on May 18, 2016
This is not an item I use regularly. Since delivery I may have used it a total of two times, one time was for soft butter and the other was to scrape the sides of a mostly empty peanut butter jar when it snapped in half (pictures included). I can't even guarantee I used the same one, it might have been the first time I tried to use this particular spatula. It is dishwasher safe, but I haven't even needed to put it in the dishwasher. I really wish I would have used it more for the 1st month because now it is no longer eligible for a return or exchange! So disappointed.
review image review image review image
on November 17, 2012
I agree with the previous reviewer stating that the tip of the spatula is flexible. I have had success in cleaning out a mayonnaise jar and spreading soft frosting and handling other soft foods. However, I had difficulty scraping out denser foods such as thick tomato paste and peanut butter. I mean, they eventually got scraped out of their respective containers, but I had to work at it. The tip is very bendy and has its limitations.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2015
handle snapped on first use and the silicone tip is much too soft. spend the money on the Crate and Barrel spatula with the wooden handle and the removable tip. I've had that one for over 8 years and it's still goodas new.
on January 18, 2015
I was using this spatula today and snapped right in two. It has never even been in the dishwasher. What a waste of money! I just purchased it a month and a half ago. Should last much longer than this! Disgusted!
on March 23, 2014
I love these little things. I bought a bunch a few months ago. Now I'm doing a lot more spatula-requiring work, so they are always in the dishwasher. I'm back to buy more of them.

They are great for cooking, of course, and for what they are made for, which is scraping jars. But most frequently I use them for diy cosmetics. I experiment every day, making tiny batches of whimsical products to see if my ideas will work. Usually these start off in a round-bottomed shot glass. Then I need to scrape the glass to move the material to a larger container. These spatulas are the holy grail tool. There are no unnecessary edges or ridges, just one smooth, continuous piece of silicone, as easy to scrape off and clean as they are to use.

I rarely use them with the handles attached. The handles are easily removed. Since I'm digging into shot glasses and small custard cups and beakers and such and then leaving them to sit in these vessels, the handles would only make them top-heavy.

The handles are made of acrylic. For frosting cakes, they are just the right combination of stiff handle and flexy business-end. But I don't put the handles in the dishwasher, as acrylic tends to split in that kind of heat. Like the silicone end, the handles are elegantly smooth and easy to hand-wash. Clear thinking went into the whole design.

Plus, they are blue, and pretty.

Tip: When washing any spatula in the dishwasher, point the tip of the scraper UP, so that water doesn't collect in the hole into which the handle inserts. If possible, remove the handles before doing so, even if the handles can also go into the dishwasher--eliminates unpleasant surprises in the form of old dish water falling into your frosting.
on May 3, 2014
It's a great size for fitting into my Vitamix, but after using it only a handful of times, it broke in half. Poor design.