Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 10.5in/26.5cm|Change

Showing 1-10 of 264 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 278 reviews
on September 24, 2014
Good idea, terrible execution. This is an example of what happens when someone designs a product that seems so simple there's no possible way it could be screwed up, so they decide to skip the testing. The result: a purported jar scraper that's too wimpy to scrape out jars. You might as well use a wet noodle. Perhaps if the hard plastic handle extended another 2 inches or so into the silicone, giving it a backbone, it would work better. Also, the silicone at the point where the handle is inserted should be wider than the handle and a bit rounded, so you could clean the area under the jar's "shoulder".

I've had this for nearly two years and still haven't found a good (or any) use for it. As a jar scraper, It's a complete failure. and, given how wimpy it is, I can't imagine that it would be any good as an icing spatula. (In my experience, an icing spatula needs to be rigid so you have some control. The one I use one made of stainless steel and has an offset.) I considered returning this, but it seemed environmentally irresponsible to waste so many resources to return such a small, inexpensive item.

P.S. I noticed that several of the positive reviews have mentioned that it works with mayonnaise. I have to admit that I haven't tried that yet. I don't use much mayonnaise and I usually have to throw it out before reaching the bottom of the jar because the date has expired. Maybe this spatula has value as a mayonnaise jar scraper. If it had been labeled as such, I would never have bought it because 1) I don't use much mayonnaise and 2) I don't believe in buying ultra-specialized gadgets and equipment, unless I expect to use them daily.
on November 17, 2012
I agree with the previous reviewer stating that the tip of the spatula is flexible. I have had success in cleaning out a mayonnaise jar and spreading soft frosting and handling other soft foods. However, I had difficulty scraping out denser foods such as thick tomato paste and peanut butter. I mean, they eventually got scraped out of their respective containers, but I had to work at it. The tip is very bendy and has its limitations.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2013
I purchased this spatula based on its description and some of the reviews, plus thinking from the picture that it would match a set by Wilton that I already had. The head is not quite as good a quality as the Wilton set, as the head is neither clear blue or smooth silicon like the others; plus, the top half of the spatula head is quite weak/flimsy, so forget about cleaning out that peanut butter or jelly jar. Still, it is very useful for sauces, dressings and other things in skinny jars. It's also useful for stirring just about anything liquid in a glass. I did not find it very useful for icings as I prefer something smoother, wider and flatter. This spatula head is 4" long, 1" wide and 7/16" thick at the base (and for a good 1 inch and a half further) tapering down to about a 1/16 at the tip. Overall, it's 10 1/2 inches long, which, in my view, makes it useful in the kitchen.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 31, 2016
We've been using this spatula for 3 and a half years and it's still in good shape. We don't use it every day, but we do use a couple times a week. It has held up in the dishwasher. The silicone part has remained attached to the plastic handle.

The silicone spatula part is quite limber. That makes it good for conforming to bottle shapes and retrieving condiments. It's not so good for icing unless it is very light and fluffy. We bought it for condiments, so it's not an issue for us.

I like the clear handle and blue color too. The only thing that would make it better would be a red spatula color.
on May 18, 2016
This is not an item I use regularly. Since delivery I may have used it a total of two times, one time was for soft butter and the other was to scrape the sides of a mostly empty peanut butter jar when it snapped in half (pictures included). I can't even guarantee I used the same one, it might have been the first time I tried to use this particular spatula. It is dishwasher safe, but I haven't even needed to put it in the dishwasher. I really wish I would have used it more for the 1st month because now it is no longer eligible for a return or exchange! So disappointed.
review image review image review image
on January 1, 2015
handle snapped on first use and the silicone tip is much too soft. spend the money on the Crate and Barrel spatula with the wooden handle and the removable tip. I've had that one for over 8 years and it's still goodas new.
on January 18, 2015
I was using this spatula today and snapped right in two. It has never even been in the dishwasher. What a waste of money! I just purchased it a month and a half ago. Should last much longer than this! Disgusted!
on March 8, 2017
Item arrived on time and in good condition.

I bought this to get every last bit of e-liquid from my beakers after mixing them up.

It seems to work well for that & so far it hasn't fallen apart.
on May 3, 2014
It's a great size for fitting into my Vitamix, but after using it only a handful of times, it broke in half. Poor design.
on April 18, 2017
I got this to use for my costco sized peanut butter jars when we get to the bottom. This is super flimsy and won't even scrape up any peanut butter. It just flops around. Super disappointed.