Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 10.5in/26.5cm|Change

Showing 1-10 of 252 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 266 reviews
on September 24, 2014
Good idea, terrible execution. This is an example of what happens when someone designs a product that seems so simple there's no possible way it could be screwed up, so they decide to skip the testing. The result: a purported jar scraper that's too wimpy to scrape out jars. You might as well use a wet noodle. Perhaps if the hard plastic handle extended another 2 inches or so into the silicone, giving it a backbone, it would work better. Also, the silicone at the point where the handle is inserted should be wider than the handle and a bit rounded, so you could clean the area under the jar's "shoulder".

I've had this for nearly two years and still haven't found a good (or any) use for it. As a jar scraper, It's a complete failure. and, given how wimpy it is, I can't imagine that it would be any good as an icing spatula. (In my experience, an icing spatula needs to be rigid so you have some control. The one I use one made of stainless steel and has an offset.) I considered returning this, but it seemed environmentally irresponsible to waste so many resources to return such a small, inexpensive item.

P.S. I noticed that several of the positive reviews have mentioned that it works with mayonnaise. I have to admit that I haven't tried that yet. I don't use much mayonnaise and I usually have to throw it out before reaching the bottom of the jar because the date has expired. Maybe this spatula has value as a mayonnaise jar scraper. If it had been labeled as such, I would never have bought it because 1) I don't use much mayonnaise and 2) I don't believe in buying ultra-specialized gadgets and equipment, unless I expect to use them daily.
on December 3, 2012
** Update - I've ordered 4 of these, and 4 broke within 5 uses. 2 heads snapped off on the handle, two had heads not fixed to the handle and they keep sliding off. I'm bummed, these were holy grail spatulas for me.

BUYER BEWARE

-- PREVIOUS REVIEW --
Heaven in a Spatula

This spatula has become a daily grabber for me. It's so flexible, I use it to:

- spread oil on cookie sheets and silicone mats
- spread batter into perfect rounds
- get every bit of goodness out of my mixing bowls
- loosen cooked goodies from the pan while still hot
- scoop out every ounce of cream cheese from the container

It's amazing. I love, love, love it so much I just bought a second one, because I'm always using it!

Highly recommended.
on February 28, 2013
I purchased this spatula based on its description and some of the reviews, plus thinking from the picture that it would match a set by Wilton that I already had. The head is not quite as good a quality as the Wilton set, as the head is neither clear blue or smooth silicon like the others; plus, the top half of the spatula head is quite weak/flimsy, so forget about cleaning out that peanut butter or jelly jar. Still, it is very useful for sauces, dressings and other things in skinny jars. It's also useful for stirring just about anything liquid in a glass. I did not find it very useful for icings as I prefer something smoother, wider and flatter. This spatula head is 4" long, 1" wide and 7/16" thick at the base (and for a good 1 inch and a half further) tapering down to about a 1/16 at the tip. Overall, it's 10 1/2 inches long, which, in my view, makes it useful in the kitchen.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 31, 2016
We've been using this spatula for 3 and a half years and it's still in good shape. We don't use it every day, but we do use a couple times a week. It has held up in the dishwasher. The silicone part has remained attached to the plastic handle.

The silicone spatula part is quite limber. That makes it good for conforming to bottle shapes and retrieving condiments. It's not so good for icing unless it is very light and fluffy. We bought it for condiments, so it's not an issue for us.

I like the clear handle and blue color too. The only thing that would make it better would be a red spatula color.
on March 23, 2014
I love these little things. I bought a bunch a few months ago. Now I'm doing a lot more spatula-requiring work, so they are always in the dishwasher. I'm back to buy more of them.

They are great for cooking, of course, and for what they are made for, which is scraping jars. But most frequently I use them for diy cosmetics. I experiment every day, making tiny batches of whimsical products to see if my ideas will work. Usually these start off in a round-bottomed shot glass. Then I need to scrape the glass to move the material to a larger container. These spatulas are the holy grail tool. There are no unnecessary edges or ridges, just one smooth, continuous piece of silicone, as easy to scrape off and clean as they are to use.

I rarely use them with the handles attached. The handles are easily removed. Since I'm digging into shot glasses and small custard cups and beakers and such and then leaving them to sit in these vessels, the handles would only make them top-heavy.

The handles are made of acrylic. For frosting cakes, they are just the right combination of stiff handle and flexy business-end. But I don't put the handles in the dishwasher, as acrylic tends to split in that kind of heat. Like the silicone end, the handles are elegantly smooth and easy to hand-wash. Clear thinking went into the whole design.

Plus, they are blue, and pretty.

Tip: When washing any spatula in the dishwasher, point the tip of the scraper UP, so that water doesn't collect in the hole into which the handle inserts. If possible, remove the handles before doing so, even if the handles can also go into the dishwasher--eliminates unpleasant surprises in the form of old dish water falling into your frosting.
on November 17, 2012
I agree with the previous reviewer stating that the tip of the spatula is flexible. I have had success in cleaning out a mayonnaise jar and spreading soft frosting and handling other soft foods. However, I had difficulty scraping out denser foods such as thick tomato paste and peanut butter. I mean, they eventually got scraped out of their respective containers, but I had to work at it. The tip is very bendy and has its limitations.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2015
I had been needing a long narrow spatula forever and finally decided to get one. Norpro products have always worked for me and this spatula was just what I needed. The actual silicone scraper is 4" long and tip end is .8 inches wide. This size makes it just perfect for getting into narrow jars for that last drop of salad dressing or jam/jelly. I use a lot of horseradish and those jars are the pits to get the last bit out of but this spatula is perfect. It's also great for getting all of the ice cream off of the paddle of the ice cream machine.

The tip is quite flexible and washes beautifully in the dishwasher. Because this spatula is so narrow and thin (just exactly what I wanted) I don't intend to be rough with it. It wasn't made for heavy duty use, there are other spatulas out there for that purpose. I would think getting peanut butter out of a jar or mixing cookie dough is way beyond it's capabilities, both the blade and handle. I'll keep you updated if I run into trouble with it. But love it in the here and now!
on November 2, 2014
This is an amazing little spatula thing. Prior to buying this I was stirring my resin with popsicle sticks, paintbrush handles, toothpicks, and any other thin disposable items. Once the resin hardened on any of these objects, it was of no further use and had to be thrown away. All the silicone kitchen tools I could find at the store were far too wide for stirring liquids in small plastic cups. This is the perfect size, has a comfortable grip, and resin peels right off of it after it's dry.

One note that might be reassuring to the majority of potential buyers for this, kitchen people, is that this has a different texture than most silicone utensils. This texture seems to make it so that it does not attract dust, hair or glitter like most silicone kitchenware.
on December 8, 2015
These are great! I bought several only after buying one the first time. I use them to get every last bit of facial cream out of the jar, I use them to scrape the last of peanut butter, jelly, anything that you want to get every last drop of. You'd be amazed you can make another sandwich out of what is left on the sides, but no more left now!! The long flexible spatula, this one is the best one for doing these chores. I've bought others over time and so far, this one is the best. Those jelly jars with all the ridges in them are no match for this spatula. It takes a little finessing to get it down how to work it, but by the second jar, you'll have it down pat.
on September 19, 2014
Handle snapped really easily just getting some muffins out of the pan, it would be better to have something made of aluminum or a better quality plastic, or even just thicker. The head was great, but now we have to hold it by the stub.
Just looking at it you can see where it snapped, that extremely thin spot is obviously a terrible design.