Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 10.5in/26.5cm|Change

Showing 1-10 of 256 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 272 reviews
on March 23, 2014
I love these little things. I bought a bunch a few months ago. Now I'm doing a lot more spatula-requiring work, so they are always in the dishwasher. I'm back to buy more of them.

They are great for cooking, of course, and for what they are made for, which is scraping jars. But most frequently I use them for diy cosmetics. I experiment every day, making tiny batches of whimsical products to see if my ideas will work. Usually these start off in a round-bottomed shot glass. Then I need to scrape the glass to move the material to a larger container. These spatulas are the holy grail tool. There are no unnecessary edges or ridges, just one smooth, continuous piece of silicone, as easy to scrape off and clean as they are to use.

I rarely use them with the handles attached. The handles are easily removed. Since I'm digging into shot glasses and small custard cups and beakers and such and then leaving them to sit in these vessels, the handles would only make them top-heavy.

The handles are made of acrylic. For frosting cakes, they are just the right combination of stiff handle and flexy business-end. But I don't put the handles in the dishwasher, as acrylic tends to split in that kind of heat. Like the silicone end, the handles are elegantly smooth and easy to hand-wash. Clear thinking went into the whole design.

Plus, they are blue, and pretty.

Tip: When washing any spatula in the dishwasher, point the tip of the scraper UP, so that water doesn't collect in the hole into which the handle inserts. If possible, remove the handles before doing so, even if the handles can also go into the dishwasher--eliminates unpleasant surprises in the form of old dish water falling into your frosting.
on November 17, 2012
I agree with the previous reviewer stating that the tip of the spatula is flexible. I have had success in cleaning out a mayonnaise jar and spreading soft frosting and handling other soft foods. However, I had difficulty scraping out denser foods such as thick tomato paste and peanut butter. I mean, they eventually got scraped out of their respective containers, but I had to work at it. The tip is very bendy and has its limitations.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2015
I had been needing a long narrow spatula forever and finally decided to get one. Norpro products have always worked for me and this spatula was just what I needed. The actual silicone scraper is 4" long and tip end is .8 inches wide. This size makes it just perfect for getting into narrow jars for that last drop of salad dressing or jam/jelly. I use a lot of horseradish and those jars are the pits to get the last bit out of but this spatula is perfect. It's also great for getting all of the ice cream off of the paddle of the ice cream machine.

The tip is quite flexible and washes beautifully in the dishwasher. Because this spatula is so narrow and thin (just exactly what I wanted) I don't intend to be rough with it. It wasn't made for heavy duty use, there are other spatulas out there for that purpose. I would think getting peanut butter out of a jar or mixing cookie dough is way beyond it's capabilities, both the blade and handle. I'll keep you updated if I run into trouble with it. But love it in the here and now!
on November 2, 2014
This is an amazing little spatula thing. Prior to buying this I was stirring my resin with popsicle sticks, paintbrush handles, toothpicks, and any other thin disposable items. Once the resin hardened on any of these objects, it was of no further use and had to be thrown away. All the silicone kitchen tools I could find at the store were far too wide for stirring liquids in small plastic cups. This is the perfect size, has a comfortable grip, and resin peels right off of it after it's dry.

One note that might be reassuring to the majority of potential buyers for this, kitchen people, is that this has a different texture than most silicone utensils. This texture seems to make it so that it does not attract dust, hair or glitter like most silicone kitchenware.
on December 8, 2015
These are great! I bought several only after buying one the first time. I use them to get every last bit of facial cream out of the jar, I use them to scrape the last of peanut butter, jelly, anything that you want to get every last drop of. You'd be amazed you can make another sandwich out of what is left on the sides, but no more left now!! The long flexible spatula, this one is the best one for doing these chores. I've bought others over time and so far, this one is the best. Those jelly jars with all the ridges in them are no match for this spatula. It takes a little finessing to get it down how to work it, but by the second jar, you'll have it down pat.
on September 19, 2014
Handle snapped really easily just getting some muffins out of the pan, it would be better to have something made of aluminum or a better quality plastic, or even just thicker. The head was great, but now we have to hold it by the stub.
Just looking at it you can see where it snapped, that extremely thin spot is obviously a terrible design.
on January 18, 2015
I was using this spatula today and snapped right in two. It has never even been in the dishwasher. What a waste of money! I just purchased it a month and a half ago. Should last much longer than this! Disgusted!
on January 1, 2015
handle snapped on first use and the silicone tip is much too soft. spend the money on the Crate and Barrel spatula with the wooden handle and the removable tip. I've had that one for over 8 years and it's still goodas new.
on May 10, 2017
This is terrible. I read many rave reviews for this. But I've found the tip of the spatula is too flimsy to actually scrape the bottom of any jar. It is not usable as described. Sure it's long and narrow. But it's too long without support. Would not buy again.
on April 6, 2016
Ordered 3 different ones. The Norpro 3132C Silicone Jar/Icing Spatula, Blue is the most flexible of the 3 and is great for light liquids and cleaning those bottles and cans! The Good Cook Clear Handle Spatula with Silicone Bottle Head works great on liquid cleanings and is more flexible than the HIC Essential Heat-Resistant Flexible Nonstick Silicone Slim Spatula, Blueberry but I like the HIC for heavier substances.

Update: This is so excellent! I opted I was using mine often enough wanted an Extra rest of my family should enjoy this one too!