Norpro Ceramic Pie Bird
|Price:||$1.74 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Handy, decorative tool for baking pies with pastry tops
- Place bird in center of pie and place filling and pastry top surrounding it
- Bird releases steam through mouth "vent" during baking to prevent juices from boiling over
- Made of oven safe ceramic; measures 3-1/2 inches tall
- Hand washing recommended
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Pie funnels are used in baking pies and prevent the pie from boiling over in the oven by allowing the steam created when the fruit filling or other contents are cooking to escape from inside the pie. How to use: Line the pie dish with pastry, place the "bird" in the centre, put in the filling around the "pie bird" then put a pastry top on but allowing the pie bird to stick out of a hole in the pastry . Pinch crust around the bird's shoulder, allowing the head to stick through the pastry. The bird will release steam through his mouth "vent" during baking and help to prevent juices from boiling over in the oven.
Top Customer Reviews
I have had fruit pies bubble over, though. This thing worked like a charm.
If there is one suggestion, I'd say to remove immediately after finished baking. I made the mistake and didn't and the bird became something of a fixture until we ate the whole thing (stuck to the bottom crust).
Most Recent Customer Reviews