Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc

Showing 1-10 of 116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 134 reviews
on May 24, 2014
I have not used this pan for twinkles, but it's great for making corn dogs! I'm able to use all my own fresh organic ingredients, control the amount of sugar in the batter, and use uncured hot dogs or sausages to eliminate the chemicals and nitrites. For the kids, I insert a heavy wooden BBQ skewer in one end of the baked result, to simulate the "real" corn dogs, and of course everybody else loves that as well for the festive summer holidays.
I generously butter the cavities, and whatever I make rolls right out. The butter also puts a nice crisp and browned coating on the food that resembles the deep-fried corn dogs at the county fair.
Made my whole-grain fresh banana muffins canoe-style on request once, which went over extremely well! Used the decorator tool to insert cream cheese frosting deep inside, but the tool is made of cheap plastic, poorly designed, and difficult and inefficient to use (very narrow cylinder, tiny capacity, and the screw top doesn't stay on with squeezing pressure). Will definitely make canoe-muffins again, but I'll have to find a much better tool for shooting the good stuff inside.
The pan itself is sturdy and was a good investment -- what I expected from Norpro. May need to order a second one as we head into summer and I get more requests for the corn dogs at family picnics.
on May 4, 2016
The quality was so-so. There are areas where the paint is clumped in certain areas and since hand washing it, there is a faded area on the back. After buying, I realized that making these in order to match the picture is next to impossible. The reason for that is since the bottom of the pan creates a curve, and the top of the pan is open, that means any baked good will end up rising and making yet another round edge. You won't end up with that shape no matter how you bake it, unless you cut the risen tops of them off. You end up with a cylinder with two flat sides.
on December 8, 2014
I bought this to make corn dogs. While I would have preferred a heavy weight stainless steel pan, I ended up having to get this non-stick one. I've cooked for several decades, just not a fan of the non stick products. This has a tough coating, is a heavy pan, and it worked really well for making corn dogs! (corn bread batter with a hot dog in it) The bonus injector set is nice, not real professional level materials but serviceable (not as cheap as others have said.) As I said, I've cooked for several decades, and this product is a good value. Glad I bought it! (yes, I also made twinkies with it, and they were awesome! Used a bag to fill the cakes, though, just because I'm more used to that, baggies hold more filling at one time than the decorator thing that came with the kit, and I don't have to wash them. Just easier, for me.)
on April 17, 2014
The Norpro 3964 Canoe Pan is the perfect addition to any baker. I actually purchased my second pan during the "Twinkie Scare" of 2012/2013 when Hostess "went under" ie they faked their closure, abandoned their existing debt, resized their products and changed specific ingredients to reduce costs yet they still cost the same as they did prior to this event.... Hrm.
Moving on...
While other pan makers were gouging at 50, 75 and even 100 USD on the internet, Norpro via Amazon held true to its respectable, customer based values, typical to a real Pacific North West Company and continued to sell their products at honest prices. Though the 9 piece decorating set is completely functional its nothing to write home to your mother about so don't expect a top tier stainless steel & glass filling injector with an array of tips. The fact that it's included with this high quality pan for less than 20 USD to not only fill your baked delights but to decorate them or other items easily goes to show you how awesome Norpro is as a company. The dispenser tears down easily and cleans up in a snap.
I highly recommend this product over any of the competition.
on May 20, 2013
Very nice nonstick pan (spray with oil anyway) with really good recipes...I use a yellow cake mix add the box of vanilla pudding and the eggs and milk of course...use their best filling recipe ...squirt it into the cakes (from the flat side, kinda flat) and voila! twinkie knock off!!! Don't bake them 15 min--too long-- 9-10 min tops, 'til pulled away from side of the pan.
They will be soft,and moist like the twinkies when I was a kid not the dry will last forever current variety. Downside--the filling tool is such fun to clean... use alot of dish soap, straight, to cut the grease. I refrigerate the batter. I make only 6 to 8 a day. Works that way. Always fresh. Store the filling at room temperature in an air tight container Will keep quite a while. This recipe makes 16 cakes 1/3 cup batter in each cup. The filling can be doubled and stored. Be aware I use a convection oven not your home radiant heat oven and do turn the pan around at 5 min.to cook evenly. My customers love them!
on April 28, 2016
Norpro 3964 Cream Canoe Pan With Bonus 9 Piece Decorating Set Awesome! Perfect for my organic "twinkies!" The filling utensil is not the greatest but works! Buying another so I can make 16 at a time! Purchased from Kitchen Outfitters.
VINE VOICEon June 5, 2009
No buyers remorse here. I made the recipes that come with the pan. The "best ever cream filling" is really good. I've made the recipe twice now and have experimented with when it's best to take the little cakes out. About a 10 minute cooling period helps. Even spraying a little vegatable spray helps. They've also came out pretty good without the spray, but there was zero breakage with the spray. I'm looking forward to trying different recipes. I put them in the freezer and take out as needed. They're a lot easier to freeze, store and pack then a frosted piece of cake.
So fun and easy to make, plus they taste great!!!
on December 22, 2007
This is a fun pan to have. A recipe for the usual cake makes about 16 twinkies. I didn't bother with the decorator, but used a freezer bag with the coupler and a 1/4 inch round tip to fill the twinkies. Serving twinkies that taste good, and are the shape of the old standby is just fun for all ages. Plus, you can freeze the ones you don't want right now, serve them later, and it doesn't look like part of a cake. The favorite is red velvet cake with the cooked red velvet icing, but you only need half a recipe of icing for a 2 layer cake.
on January 27, 2015
I bought this pan when Twinkees were no longer being sold. I couldn't go without my desert so had to learn to make my own. This pan and the bonus accessories allowed me to make my own and mine were even better then the original. This is great.
on October 30, 2013
This product is very cool .I used this pan 5 times in one week. I havent had any problems with cakes sticking, just turn it over and they fall out. I do spray a little pam in first. I am getting better at filling my cakes too. the first time was very messy. I think next time I will just skip the icing all together. I prefer cake without. Every box cake mix I used fill the pan twice and then my pumpkin cakes filled the pan 3 times! Def something nice and different to have instead of making the same ol' cupcakes for parties. I got the item within days of ordering it with normal shipping.