Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on December 23, 2016
This is the 2nd square springform pan that I bought. A square springform pan is useful when you have a larger number of people to serve; you can get more pieces from square springform pan than you can from a round springform (wedges). The itself pan is easy to clean, easy to use. But there's one thing about it that I don't like, and that's the non-stick coating. It comes off way too easily. I baked a cheesecake, and the recipe said to run a knife along the edges to loosen it from the sides. In retrospect, I probably should have used a plastic knife or silicone spatula, but instead I gently used a small metal spatula. That was enough to scratch (nick) the coating off in some places, and rust is already setting in (!!). Also, eventually the coating will flake off, so I probably have to cover the inside of the ring with parchment the next time I use the pan so the cake does not come in contact with the rusted/flaking parts. Trust me, I didn't gouge the pan... To me, the coating should be more adherent -- not come off so easily. That is the only reason for a lower rating.
on January 28, 2018
I purchased this pan in March of 2016 and have only used it 5 times, to make cheesecake. After the second time I used it, the nonstick coating started peeling off. I have only washed it by hand and kept it in the original box it came in, so it wouldn't get damaged by other bakeware, to no avail. It has completely peeled and is unusable!!!! Love the size and shape, but this pan is too cheaply coated to buy. Don't waste your money!
on February 17, 2017
This pan is a piece of garbage! The coating peeled off after two cheesecakes! What a disappointment! It looked really nice and the cheesecake recipe was great but it turned out to be very poor quality.
on April 4, 2016
I loved the idea of a square springform, but the seal is not water tight when you clamp it shut. I tried several times, and liquid did seep out . The only way to use this (just my opinion) is if you use a crumb crust that is baked and goes up the side of the pan to "seal it". Also if you grab the pan by the sides, they will lift out and again, your batter will leak.
on June 21, 2015
Bought this a couple of years ago and loved it but after only using it 5 times the coating of the pan came off on my cake. The pan was rusted under the paint liike coating. I don't recommend it at all. Threw the whole thing out. Very poorly made.
on December 1, 2015
This item is potentially dangerous to your health. I used it for the first time and excitedly so. But when I retrieved the food out of the pan I noticed the coating peeling off. It was bubbling and peeling all over my food. After it cooled for several hours I tried using a soft cloth to clean it and smooth out the edges but the nonstick coating kept peeling off. Perhaps the product's coating was not "baked on" properly but I do not want my family and frieds eating Teflon.
on September 3, 2015
I needed to make a tiramisu and freeze it for use about two weeks ahead of time. This pan was perfect for that! Lined the bottom with parchment paper, made the tiramisu, chilled, removed the side, and everything slide right off. Wrapped it good and froze it. Perfect!!
on May 14, 2010
It's nice to have a square springform pan so that you can easily cut up your cheesecake at the office party but... If you make the mistake of picking this pan up at the corners, the sides will pop off of the bottom and you will loose your cake. Also, although this is a nice heavy construction pan, it is really difficult for me to gauge when my cake should be done. My round pans are much thinner metal and I know how long to cook them. I like the pan but if I really want to be sure my cake will come out just right, I use the cheaper round thinner pans.
on November 29, 2013
Great square non stick spring form!!
I bought this spring form because I make raw vegan cheesecakes, and wanted some variety from my round spring form, that I've used so many times. The only thing I wish the corner were not rounded, but a 90 degree angle. It's ok though. It's still a nice shape!!
The only thing you have to be careful when using this is to hold the pan from the bottom tray. Don't grab the sides and lift it!! I did this by mistake and the side panel lifted, but good thing my cake had set in already, otherwise I would have my cake mixture spill out. When you use a round spring form you usually hold it from the sides and the ring won't pull up, because the bottom is 'caught' in the bottom groove of the ring itself. Well, this is a little different. If you just grab the rectangular side panel it will come off, the spring mechanism is not that strong to hold the weight of the cake. Hence the oversized square tray serves as a holder.

Hope this helps! Still love this and will use it again for my vegan cakes!
on December 30, 2007
This is my first springform pan because I always heard that they tend to leak, but other reviews stated that this pan didn't. When I got this pan, I saw an approximately 2 mm rust spot on the bottom of the inside of the pan, so I'm not sure how long the coating will last.

I baked a cake in it and it didn't leak. The fit is very snug once the sides are locked. You can serve the cake on the base, but I would advise using a paper liner just to make sure you don't scratch it.