Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jon Batiste Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year

on December 8, 2015
These are cheap and not great for a main cutting board but what do you expect? It's exactly what I wanted, something to whip out to cut a lime or a single tomato for a personal salad or whatever else so that I don't have to pull out my giant heavy and hard to clean wood cutting board. If I'm chopping veggies for a stir fry, I'm not going to use these. If I am quartering a lemon for a glass of water, then these are great. I can't speak to dish washing, I wash all plastic by hand always. People who are getting mad that these are getting cut up or curling up are expecting too much out of these and should be using a real cutting board that will protect their knife edges properly for that kind of cutting job.
on July 19, 2014
INTRO

I don't do much cooking, so this set of three cutting boards was perfect for me. They don't take up much space, and though they don't look like much, they let me get by for the little amount of cutting I need to do. (Most of the time, I will probably use the green one to slice the top and bottom off of an onion so I can use the Microwave Onion Cooker I also got from Amazon.)

COLOR-CODED HEALTH ADVICE

There are three boards, and it is very important to remember which is which. To make it easier, the "boards" are color-coded, and if you're color-blind, there is an emblem on each one so you can remind yourself which is which.

GREEN for vegetable
RED for meat
YELLOW for fish

As many of us know, we should only cut raw meat on a cutting board that is designated for meat. If you use the same cutting board to cut vegetables, people who eat those vegetables could get sick. Even if you wash every cutting board after use, you can't guarantee that they are 100% clean, so only use the red board for raw meat. (Cooked meat you can cut on your dinner plate.)

CONCLUSION

If you don't do much cooking, or cutting, like me, this is an excellent investment.

If you do lots of cooking and cutting, spend the money to get the higher quality BOARDS.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 14, 2017
I would have rated 5 stars of they were bigger. Make sure you note the size in the description (I didnt). They are a bit smaller than the average folding cutting boards I've seen in Wal-Mart/Target so if you're looking for a bigger cutting surface, you might want something else. Otherwise, they're good quality. They're thick enough to protect my counters and stand up to my chef knives. I didn't notice them stmcratching easily or any deep grooves after the first use so I think they will hold up. Just wish they were bigger.
on August 12, 2015
I ordered these without really looking at the dimensions (my fault) - assuming they would be similar in size to others I bought. These are quite smaller and we find we use the one older one we have which is larger for the most part. These are extremely smooth plastic, very slippery and slide all over the place on granite counters, not sure about other types of counters. A suggestion was to put water on your counter under the cutting board or as one reviewer said, put a dish towel underneath and neither is really the best solution. I will go to the large retail store that sells towels, sheets, kitchen ware and other items for the home to purchase new cutting boards so I can be sure I get the size and quality that works best. I do not recommend.
on September 20, 2017
These are flimsy and get knife marks super quick. They don't stay in place so I had to constantly keep putting them back where I wanted on the counter as I was chopping veggies. Also, they aren't very durable and get cut up rather quickly, especially if you are using sharp knives. On a positive side, the colors did make it easy to identify which one to use for meats and which one to use for veggies to avoid cross contamination. But leave me to my old school cutting block that doesn't slide around during use.
on September 18, 2017
A little cumbersome to use (have to get wet on back to make stick).. and really only good for lighter cutting as the knife marks are all over mine from the 1st use alone. I dont' see these lasting very long but for the price, I can't really complain. If you need something extra because you go through so many cutting boards before running your dishwasher, these are good enough in a pinch!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This is my second purchase of these cutting boards, and what I really like about them is the fact that using only an ordinary scissors, I can cut them to whatever size I need. I like having one that's slightly smaller because it's easier to put it in the dishwasher. Yes, these clean up beautifully just by placing in the dishwasher.
As with all flexible cutting boards, you can call them in order to transfer your chopped food from the board to a bowl or pan.
I find that they last a few years, and then it's time to get new ones.
on August 8, 2014
These cutting boards were A LOT thinner then expected... but they are "OK". I like the images labeling what to cut on the corner to avoid confusion especially when there's more than a couple people using it. It rolls up nicely and definitely lightweight so I can see why the description says its great for camping etc. I find that it can get bent out of shape if you wash or rinse them with hot water... It happened to me with one of them I just quickly rinsed it with cold water dried it and laid it flat. overall its okay for people who dont cook much (although I do still recommend at least having one "real" cutting board for sharper knives are harder things to cut or chop) students or for travelling :)
on March 25, 2017
I guess they work okay for cutting. However they do not seem very durable as they scratch very easily while cutting on them. They also do not stand up to heat very well. I put one in the dishwasher and it warped a bit. They are light and for something small here or there they may work, but they're inexpensive for a reason.
on October 23, 2013
UPDATED: We've been using these quite regularly for 4 years now. In fact, we've liked them so much that we basically only use these for everything. One of them we use literally daily and it just wore out so will replace it. Love them. I do agree with others here - it would be nice if they were larger though.

These are simple and simply work well. They're just flexible pieces of thin plastic in nice colors. We got them in order to cut onions and garlic so that we don't stink up our regular cutting boards. Nothing worse than cutting watermellon on a board that was used to cut onions... even if we did wash it well with soap and water. The onion smell and taste never fully come out. These are a cheap solution that also store easily due to their thin size.