Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,706 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,814 reviews
on December 8, 2015
These are cheap and not great for a main cutting board but what do you expect? It's exactly what I wanted, something to whip out to cut a lime or a single tomato for a personal salad or whatever else so that I don't have to pull out my giant heavy and hard to clean wood cutting board. If I'm chopping veggies for a stir fry, I'm not going to use these. If I am quartering a lemon for a glass of water, then these are great. I can't speak to dish washing, I wash all plastic by hand always. People who are getting mad that these are getting cut up or curling up are expecting too much out of these and should be using a real cutting board that will protect their knife edges properly for that kind of cutting job.
Enthusiast: Cookingon December 1, 2016
I live in a small apartment and no not have the space for a big bulky cutting board, If you are like me these Norpro Cut N' Slice Flexible Cutting Boards are for you! This set comes with 3 well labeled cutting mats, the red one has a small picture of meat in the corner, the Green one has fruits and veggies and the 3rd has a picture of fish on it. This is an awesome little idea to prevent cross contamination, I NEVER have to cut meat and veggies on the same board again! These are just a better option, since they are so thin storing 3 mats is nothing compared to storing one cutting board. I am able to slide these mats between my kitchen wall and the microwave they are out of the way easy to access and take up zero space. They are totally cut resistant, and you can form the mats into funnels and slide your chopped veggies easily into your pot! These are so cheap on Amazon you need to treat yourself to these Flexible Cutting Boards, they will change how you cook.
on November 1, 2016
Excellent!

We've been making a lot of smoothies lately. We were tired of pulling out the big (we have 4 others of varying sizes and purposes ranging from resin to wood/bamboo to glass) cutting boards when all we really needed was something to protect the counter from the bits of kale and other fruit/vegetable juice as we were prepping for blending.

We also needed a cutting board that is easy to transport for outings, trips and vacations. These were absolutely perfect!

Oh wait, but there's more. Have you ever needed a funnel, but didn't have one around? Well, these Norpro Cut-N-Slice boards are so flexible that you can use them as funnels as well.

I could even see parents with small children using these as small crafting mats to protect floors/tables or even place mats.

The only cons of using these cutting "boards" I see are:
1. Liquids (juices/blood/etc) will easily run off these if you get too messy.
2. You probably don't want to do any heavy or aggressive chopping because they are extremely light and thin. (Which is why we bought them in the first place!)

All around great buy, as long as you understand why you need them.
on July 19, 2014
INTRO

I don't do much cooking, so this set of three cutting boards was perfect for me. They don't take up much space, and though they don't look like much, they let me get by for the little amount of cutting I need to do. (Most of the time, I will probably use the green one to slice the top and bottom off of an onion so I can use the Microwave Onion Cooker I also got from Amazon.)

COLOR-CODED HEALTH ADVICE

There are three boards, and it is very important to remember which is which. To make it easier, the "boards" are color-coded, and if you're color-blind, there is an emblem on each one so you can remind yourself which is which.

GREEN for vegetable
RED for meat
YELLOW for fish

As many of us know, we should only cut raw meat on a cutting board that is designated for meat. If you use the same cutting board to cut vegetables, people who eat those vegetables could get sick. Even if you wash every cutting board after use, you can't guarantee that they are 100% clean, so only use the red board for raw meat. (Cooked meat you can cut on your dinner plate.)

CONCLUSION

If you don't do much cooking, or cutting, like me, this is an excellent investment.

If you do lots of cooking and cutting, spend the money to get the higher quality BOARDS.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2017
I would have rated 5 stars of they were bigger. Make sure you note the size in the description (I didnt). They are a bit smaller than the average folding cutting boards I've seen in Wal-Mart/Target so if you're looking for a bigger cutting surface, you might want something else. Otherwise, they're good quality. They're thick enough to protect my counters and stand up to my chef knives. I didn't notice them stmcratching easily or any deep grooves after the first use so I think they will hold up. Just wish they were bigger.
on September 30, 2013
This is essentially a semi-disposable cutting board. I've been using mine day in and day out for light cutting work and knives don't seem to cut into it significantly. Certainly it will wear our, but most cutting boards do. This is more sanitary than wood ones, because it won't soak up germs into the wood. Very easy to clean. These are a bit on the small side, which works for me.
I am still using the first of the three, the first hasn't worn out yet after about 5 weeks of use. They are thin, but quality plastic.
As another reviewer mentioned one glory of these is that you can sort of 'bend them' into a cylinder shape to dump cutting waste into the garbage bin, very nifty.
I ordering a mess of these, I like them.
UPDATE May30, 2015. I am still using my original set, they really last a long time. I love these.

Update: Feb 24, 2014. The first one of the three-pack is starting to wear through. Still use them day in-day out. These are great. Any wood cutting board will wear too. I'm glad I bought these.
on August 12, 2015
I ordered these without really looking at the dimensions (my fault) - assuming they would be similar in size to others I bought. These are quite smaller and we find we use the one older one we have which is larger for the most part. These are extremely smooth plastic, very slippery and slide all over the place on granite counters, not sure about other types of counters. A suggestion was to put water on your counter under the cutting board or as one reviewer said, put a dish towel underneath and neither is really the best solution. I will go to the large retail store that sells towels, sheets, kitchen ware and other items for the home to purchase new cutting boards so I can be sure I get the size and quality that works best. I do not recommend.
This is my second purchase of these cutting boards, and what I really like about them is the fact that using only an ordinary scissors, I can cut them to whatever size I need. I like having one that's slightly smaller because it's easier to put it in the dishwasher. Yes, these clean up beautifully just by placing in the dishwasher.
As with all flexible cutting boards, you can call them in order to transfer your chopped food from the board to a bowl or pan.
I find that they last a few years, and then it's time to get new ones.
on August 8, 2014
These cutting boards were A LOT thinner then expected... but they are "OK". I like the images labeling what to cut on the corner to avoid confusion especially when there's more than a couple people using it. It rolls up nicely and definitely lightweight so I can see why the description says its great for camping etc. I find that it can get bent out of shape if you wash or rinse them with hot water... It happened to me with one of them I just quickly rinsed it with cold water dried it and laid it flat. overall its okay for people who dont cook much (although I do still recommend at least having one "real" cutting board for sharper knives are harder things to cut or chop) students or for travelling :)
on March 25, 2017
I guess they work okay for cutting. However they do not seem very durable as they scratch very easily while cutting on them. They also do not stand up to heat very well. I put one in the dishwasher and it warped a bit. They are light and for something small here or there they may work, but they're inexpensive for a reason.