Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now

Color: Pink/Green/Yellow|Change
Price:$4.50+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 1,634 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on September 3, 2009
These flexible cutting boards are truly awesome. 1) They don't take up a lot of space. 2) They're easy to clean. 3) They don't cost big bucks. 4) They work just fine and being able to bend them really helps get your items off the cutting board and into a pot, bowl or discard the scraps. 5) And the various colors actually helps us make sure we don't go cutting some vegetables on the same cutting board that just had a piece of meat on it.
22 comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2009
I was very excited about these cutting boards when I bought them. They were quite thin when they arrived but that didn't really bother me until...I put them in the dishwasher after using them ONCE (the description says 'dishwasher-safe' however no actual instructions were included in the pkg) for the first time and when I took them out they were all sort of 'warped' and now they don't lay flat AT ALL. I was very bummed and thought maybe all the flexible board were liked this, however...
The next day I was at a major discount retailer and saw a much thicker, sturdier pack of FOUR cutting boards for $5.xx! I bought them that day and haven't used the other cutting boards since! They are SO much better! So, I recommend you buy the 4-pk of flexible boards I mentioned at your local retailer NOT these poor quality ones.

UPDATE! Ok, so I had these cutting boards stored in a cabinet next to the other thicker cutting boards I mentioned I bought. I had a heavy stone cookie pan laying flat against all of them...and good news!...the Norpro boards I bought on amazon flattened out and look good again! So, maybe it just takes a little more effort to flatten them after each dishwashing.
55 comments| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2008
I was really leery about these mats, but find we are using them every day. They wash well in the dishwasher. Their flexibility is great while cooking... especially when you're putting cut up food into very hot pots. They take up virtually no room to store.
on April 26, 2010
The only thing I have against them is that they curl up after they're washed by hand. Otherwise they work just fine.
11 comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2008
Maybe I'm lucky, but Amazon shipped these in a flat box, instead of rolled up. So, the mats go back to laying perfectly flat after temporarily curling them to carry chopped veggies. Like competition brands, they work very well as cutting boards.

Semi transparent to show the counter top underneath, which is great only if the counter tops themselves look nice :). Understated designs without technical pie charts, and cheap enough to leave out for placemats under the flour crockery. A stack of 3 are still thin enough to stack on top of our pull out cutting board and still be able to slide the board back in for storage out of sight.
on February 12, 2012
I've bought and used at least ten sets of flexible cutting mats over the years. I use as many as 5 mats during one meal prep. They all eventually get too cut up to use. But the Norpro mats have set a new lower standard.

Slippery, both on top of my big Boos cutting board, and slippery for the food resting on them.

Flimsy, my first knife cuts almost went through the material.

They warped even before washing. The high spots flex and send minced food flying.

They are too small for my everyday use. My error. I didn't read the dimensions carefully.

They don't flex predictably for funneling food into the pot.

Greasy spots don't seem to come off with repeated washing.

If I had made such a product during my business career, I would hang my head in shame. One of the worst cases of delivering low value I've seen.
11 comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2009
Some may call me lazy, others may call me efficient. For me, I just don't like dish washing. In any event, I placed two of these brand new, used-only-once mats into our dishwasher only to find that the product came out looking like a pair of wrinkled jeans.

Aside from that, they are great. The small fish/meat/vegetable icons are very useful. Just make certain you know that these mats will have to be hand washed to keep them clean.
44 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2009
A couple years ago I bought from Amazon a set of flexible cutting mats like this, but they were larger (~11x14, methinks) and had a slightly gummy print on the back that helped it stay put on your countertop while you cut. These mats, unfortunately, are both smaller and have no such gummy print -- so they slide around on the counter as you cut. Very, very annoying. I bit the $6 on these but would recommend that you NOT: rather, look elsewhere (outside Amazon, even?? *gasp*) for the larger and non-slip kind!
on February 21, 2010
These cutting boards are less of a cutting board and more of a plastic funnel/mise en place tool.

After using them the first time they retain knife marks as permenant bends in the plastic, durability rating of .5 stars. They also do not retain their original flat shape in a reasonable manner.

Chris
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 19, 2009
First off these are non non slip, so they do move around. Yes, they are very flexible...they do scar when cut with a knife, I don't think I'll keep them very long.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.