Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Color: Pink/Green/Yellow|Change
Price:$4.15+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 1,686 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,793 reviews
on September 3, 2009
These flexible cutting boards are truly awesome. 1) They don't take up a lot of space. 2) They're easy to clean. 3) They don't cost big bucks. 4) They work just fine and being able to bend them really helps get your items off the cutting board and into a pot, bowl or discard the scraps. 5) And the various colors actually helps us make sure we don't go cutting some vegetables on the same cutting board that just had a piece of meat on it.
22 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2009
I was very excited about these cutting boards when I bought them. They were quite thin when they arrived but that didn't really bother me until...I put them in the dishwasher after using them ONCE (the description says 'dishwasher-safe' however no actual instructions were included in the pkg) for the first time and when I took them out they were all sort of 'warped' and now they don't lay flat AT ALL. I was very bummed and thought maybe all the flexible board were liked this, however...
The next day I was at a major discount retailer and saw a much thicker, sturdier pack of FOUR cutting boards for $5.xx! I bought them that day and haven't used the other cutting boards since! They are SO much better! So, I recommend you buy the 4-pk of flexible boards I mentioned at your local retailer NOT these poor quality ones.

UPDATE! Ok, so I had these cutting boards stored in a cabinet next to the other thicker cutting boards I mentioned I bought. I had a heavy stone cookie pan laying flat against all of them...and good news!...the Norpro boards I bought on amazon flattened out and look good again! So, maybe it just takes a little more effort to flatten them after each dishwashing.
55 comments| 171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2008
I was really leery about these mats, but find we are using them every day. They wash well in the dishwasher. Their flexibility is great while cooking... especially when you're putting cut up food into very hot pots. They take up virtually no room to store.
on April 26, 2010
The only thing I have against them is that they curl up after they're washed by hand. Otherwise they work just fine.
11 comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Enthusiast: Cookingon December 1, 2016
I live in a small apartment and no not have the space for a big bulky cutting board, If you are like me these Norpro Cut N' Slice Flexible Cutting Boards are for you! This set comes with 3 well labeled cutting mats, the red one has a small picture of meat in the corner, the Green one has fruits and veggies and the 3rd has a picture of fish on it. This is an awesome little idea to prevent cross contamination, I NEVER have to cut meat and veggies on the same board again! These are just a better option, since they are so thin storing 3 mats is nothing compared to storing one cutting board. I am able to slide these mats between my kitchen wall and the microwave they are out of the way easy to access and take up zero space. They are totally cut resistant, and you can form the mats into funnels and slide your chopped veggies easily into your pot! These are so cheap on Amazon you need to treat yourself to these Flexible Cutting Boards, they will change how you cook.
on June 10, 2016
Of all the flexible cutting boards I've ever bought, these things are by far, the most recent. You can slice and dice, chop and cube, mince and wait, mince? I'm not sure what mincing is so I can't say for sure that it is safe to do it on these. Here's why I bought them: I love Moscow mules. If you've never had one and you live somewhere that gets hot in the summer, you should look them up and have one on an outdoor grilling day. So good, Anyway, back to why I bought these. My girlfriend has a great big heavy cutting board and every time I wanted a mule, I'd have to lug this thing out to cut my lime. I'm sure you will all agree that the longer it takes to get the lime cut, the longer it takes before you're sipping a delicious Moscow mule. So after a while of heavy lifting I decided there had to be a better way. Being a reasonably smart fellow, I considered my options, drew up a decision matrix, weighed my pros and cons, separated my wants from needs and finally reasoned that I should search amazon for a means to shorten the time it takes to slice limes for my mules. Enter the cut-n-slice flexible cutting boards. My new friend and enabler. These things shave valuable time off my lime slicing routine and they are even quicker to clean and store meaning hung over me has less to do the next day. Win win.
on December 8, 2015
These are cheap and not great for a main cutting board but what do you expect? It's exactly what I wanted, something to whip out to cut a lime or a single tomato for a personal salad or whatever else so that I don't have to pull out my giant heavy and hard to clean wood cutting board. If I'm chopping veggies for a stir fry, I'm not going to use these. If I am quartering a lemon for a glass of water, then these are great. I can't speak to dish washing, I wash all plastic by hand always. People who are getting mad that these are getting cut up or curling up are expecting too much out of these and should be using a real cutting board that will protect their knife edges properly for that kind of cutting job.
on July 19, 2014
INTRO

I don't do much cooking, so this set of three cutting boards was perfect for me. They don't take up much space, and though they don't look like much, they let me get by for the little amount of cutting I need to do. (Most of the time, I will probably use the green one to slice the top and bottom off of an onion so I can use the Microwave Onion Cooker I also got from Amazon.)

COLOR-CODED HEALTH ADVICE

There are three boards, and it is very important to remember which is which. To make it easier, the "boards" are color-coded, and if you're color-blind, there is an emblem on each one so you can remind yourself which is which.

GREEN for vegetable
RED for meat
YELLOW for fish

As many of us know, we should only cut raw meat on a cutting board that is designated for meat. If you use the same cutting board to cut vegetables, people who eat those vegetables could get sick. Even if you wash every cutting board after use, you can't guarantee that they are 100% clean, so only use the red board for raw meat. (Cooked meat you can cut on your dinner plate.)

CONCLUSION

If you don't do much cooking, or cutting, like me, this is an excellent investment.

If you do lots of cooking and cutting, spend the money to get the higher quality BOARDS.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2013
This is essentially a semi-disposable cutting board. I've been using mine day in and day out for light cutting work and knives don't seem to cut into it significantly. Certainly it will wear our, but most cutting boards do. This is more sanitary than wood ones, because it won't soak up germs into the wood. Very easy to clean. These are a bit on the small side, which works for me.
I am still using the first of the three, the first hasn't worn out yet after about 5 weeks of use. They are thin, but quality plastic.
As another reviewer mentioned one glory of these is that you can sort of 'bend them' into a cylinder shape to dump cutting waste into the garbage bin, very nifty.
I ordering a mess of these, I like them.
UPDATE May30, 2015. I am still using my original set, they really last a long time. I love these.

Update: Feb 24, 2014. The first one of the three-pack is starting to wear through. Still use them day in-day out. These are great. Any wood cutting board will wear too. I'm glad I bought these.
This is my second purchase of these cutting boards, and what I really like about them is the fact that using only an ordinary scissors, I can cut them to whatever size I need. I like having one that's slightly smaller because it's easier to put it in the dishwasher. Yes, these clean up beautifully just by placing in the dishwasher.
As with all flexible cutting boards, you can call them in order to transfer your chopped food from the board to a bowl or pan.
I find that they last a few years, and then it's time to get new ones.