Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 14, 2011
While these seems well made, I have two gripes, one minor, the other a show-stopper. First the minor one. The end-cap on the handles are not set or seated well; they are a bit off-center. As a result, there is a sharp edge on one side of the handle which will cut into your hand. All the units had this problem so it is not an individual thing.

The second gripe is a major problem which renders these essentially useless. After the first washing, the wire inside the handle rusts and rust-filled liquid WILL leak into your food. There is no way to drain or dry the inside and no indication there is a problem until you hold start to use it, whipping it vigorously. (Well, I guess if you put them in a centrifuge after washing, this would get the water out, but I have not invested in a kitchen centrifuge.) I suppose this is okay if you do not mind bacterial and/or heavy-metal contamination in your food, but I prefer to avoid both. Like the offset end-cap, all the units in this set had this very same problem which tells me this is a manufacturing or design flaw.
33 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2011
I just opened these, and as I was peeling off the made in China stickers, I noticed that one of the end-caps wasn't fully set on the largest whisk. When I went to push it in, I noticed that I couldn't, because it was blocked by something. I pulled it out to look inside, and much to my dismay, SAND started pouring out of it onto my counter-top! Apparently they fill them with sand for the weight, because they are completely hollow otherwise (I expected thick, heavy duty metal, by the looks of them from the outside).

I will try to post a picture of this to the item.

Buyer Beware.
review image
33 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2012
When I received the package containing the Norpro 3 piece whisks from amazon, I couldn't understand why there was sand in the box. Then as I unpacked the whisks I realized that the end cap from one of the whisks had come off and that the cement/sand inside the handle of the whisk was falling out. I replaced the top and thought it was due to rough shipping and handling. Its been two weeks and the second whisk has lost its top and is also leaking out its handle contents. It might be too late to return these to Amazon, but I will definitely not be buying more of these products from Norpro. Its OXO for me.
on March 8, 2015
They rust. Just spend a little more and get some nicer ones that won't rust. Just like other reviewers have said, the rusty water comes dripping out once you start whisking and it's simply disgusting. It didn't happen to me until after the return date for amazon and Norpro.com says not to contact them and instead contact the retailer (Amazon.com in this case) so I ended up being stuck with rusty whisks only a few months after I bought them with neither norpro nor amazon willing to take them back and refund me. Lucky amazon customer support is great and they gave me $10 on my next purchase for free, but that still doesn't make up for how bad these turned out to be. Just don't buy them. Norpro does not seem to have high QC standards.
on June 15, 2017
I've had these whisks for 3 months and am very disappointed with them. I was originally drawn to them because of the sizes and the price. I like having smaller whisks for a variety of reasons, and these 3 would seem to cover any and all situations. Unfortunately, the wires are a heavier gauge than I'm used to working with and not as flexible as I would like. The smallest one is particularly stiff, as the wires are so short. They have barely been used because of this, and have spent most of last 90 days in a drawer.
I was prepared to give them a "3 star" rating (as in "It's okay") but I recently took out the 8" whisk to find the whisk part had somehow been pushed into the handle about 1/2 an inch. (I'm not sure that I'd ever used it, even once.) Since it apparently wasn't welded together, I gave the handle a twist and the whisk pulled right out of the handle. It seems the two parts are held together with some kind of rubber cement, which had failed. (I've seen labels glued down with stronger adhesive.) The photos posted by afisher91, Tony, and "techt" show a pretty accurate depiction of my whisk - the stainless wire ends are poking through a disk of dark metal with globs of glue encircling it. The end of the handle was filled with a cement of some kind with loose material/sand that fell out onto the counter. Not a pretty picture.
It's too late return these to Amazon, so I'll write it off as a learning experience. Maybe the other two will last longer, but I'm not holding my breath. I realize that Norpro isn't exactly "state of the art", but this is just sad. Some of my other whisks are decades old and have never given me any problems. I wish I could remember where I'd got them. I'll think twice before purchasing another Norpro product.
on December 22, 2011
I received this whisk set and the end caps were all falling off and the handles were filled with a sand like substance. That is pretty disgusting considering they are used for cooking. Would not recommend this product.
on December 27, 2016
These all started to fall apart after about a year. Food particles get stuck in the holes that the wires fit into, and then old food particles end up flaking off into whipped cream, egg whites, etc. The adhesive that holds the whisk head into the handle disintegrated and caused two of the three whisks to come apart completely.
on March 10, 2015
These are top quality whisks. Worth the money. WRONG

I thought these were top quality. They looked great and worked fine. Until I used one in bringing up a roux. THEY ARE HELD TOGETHER WITH SOME KIND OF WAX THAT IS NOT HEAT RESISTANT. Fell apart in my hand.

So if you think you will be using these for hot food look elsewhere. I apologize for the previously incorrect review.
on June 9, 2015
Just mixing tea and it falls apart in the tea. My husband and I don't put them in a dishwasher. And glue was in the tea so had to throw it out and make new.
review image
on December 1, 2015
Again, another great deal on Amazon. I was looking for 1 whisk, a medium sized one that I could use for anything I needed to whisk. The thing is, some of the prices for a single whisk were more than the price for these 3. The best thing is after I got them home, and started using them, I noticed I use the smaller whisk 75% of the time!!! I would have never bought the smaller unit if I had to choose. Plus, like I said eaier, this comes with a small, medium, and large whisk for the price of in some cases one medium whisk. I love these things, use them daily, and not one has broke or bent yet. This is a good set. Check them out for the price!!