Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Package Quantity: 1|Change

Showing 1-10 of 356 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 374 reviews
on June 14, 2011
While these seems well made, I have two gripes, one minor, the other a show-stopper. First the minor one. The end-cap on the handles are not set or seated well; they are a bit off-center. As a result, there is a sharp edge on one side of the handle which will cut into your hand. All the units had this problem so it is not an individual thing.

The second gripe is a major problem which renders these essentially useless. After the first washing, the wire inside the handle rusts and rust-filled liquid WILL leak into your food. There is no way to drain or dry the inside and no indication there is a problem until you hold start to use it, whipping it vigorously. (Well, I guess if you put them in a centrifuge after washing, this would get the water out, but I have not invested in a kitchen centrifuge.) I suppose this is okay if you do not mind bacterial and/or heavy-metal contamination in your food, but I prefer to avoid both. Like the offset end-cap, all the units in this set had this very same problem which tells me this is a manufacturing or design flaw.
33 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2004
This is a great set for a great price. They're basic and sturdy. The handles are lightweight, hollow, and SEALED, so no more shaking water out of the inside. They won't break, melt, or bend. They're easy to clean, by hand or dishwasher. Good sizes- the little one is great for small jobs, and the other two are great for everything else. I love 'em.
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2011
I just opened these, and as I was peeling off the made in China stickers, I noticed that one of the end-caps wasn't fully set on the largest whisk. When I went to push it in, I noticed that I couldn't, because it was blocked by something. I pulled it out to look inside, and much to my dismay, SAND started pouring out of it onto my counter-top! Apparently they fill them with sand for the weight, because they are completely hollow otherwise (I expected thick, heavy duty metal, by the looks of them from the outside).

I will try to post a picture of this to the item.

Buyer Beware.
review image
33 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2009
My only complaint about these whisks is that the top of the handles (the round bit at the end) is sharp. This will probably get somewhat worn with time but it's not very comfortable right now. I could hold the whisk differently, of course, but that would be less natural for me. It's a minor complaint, because these whisks seem very solid otherwise. I've put them through the dishwasher without having water leak into the handles (an issue with another whisk I own) and the complaint I have isn't really a big deal unless you do a lot of hand-whisking. I use my stand mixer for that kind of thing, so I'm only ever holding the whisk for a few seconds.
on December 22, 2011
I received this whisk set and the end caps were all falling off and the handles were filled with a sand like substance. That is pretty disgusting considering they are used for cooking. Would not recommend this product.
on September 4, 2015
Bought these to replace the crappy silicone ones that my girlfriend had bought. These are much sturdier and I love them. The three sizes are great and the only reason I can think of that you would need a larger size is if you were working in a commercial kitchen. Affordable and good quality. I will update this review if necessary.
on January 25, 2013
I initially thought these were great, until I was making something that required rapid whisking (was making a special frosting recipe) I used the largest one and it came off at the handle, the wisk just came off into the frosting base I was whisking and generally did not really seem to want to attach back on... Looks like I'm in the market for a new whisk...
on April 13, 2017
These work very well and so far have been long lasting without any rust starting. Our old whisks ended up with rust, and, these ones seem to be holding out well.
on April 8, 2017
These whisks are are the absolutely the best; use them almost daily. Easy to use and clean up.
on December 15, 2016
These are nice, I needed some smaller sizes, so this works well for me! Well made, ver nice!