Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 14, 2011
While these seems well made, I have two gripes, one minor, the other a show-stopper. First the minor one. The end-cap on the handles are not set or seated well; they are a bit off-center. As a result, there is a sharp edge on one side of the handle which will cut into your hand. All the units had this problem so it is not an individual thing.

The second gripe is a major problem which renders these essentially useless. After the first washing, the wire inside the handle rusts and rust-filled liquid WILL leak into your food. There is no way to drain or dry the inside and no indication there is a problem until you hold start to use it, whipping it vigorously. (Well, I guess if you put them in a centrifuge after washing, this would get the water out, but I have not invested in a kitchen centrifuge.) I suppose this is okay if you do not mind bacterial and/or heavy-metal contamination in your food, but I prefer to avoid both. Like the offset end-cap, all the units in this set had this very same problem which tells me this is a manufacturing or design flaw.
113 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on June 15, 2017
I've had these whisks for 3 months and am very disappointed with them. I was originally drawn to them because of the sizes and the price. I like having smaller whisks for a variety of reasons, and these 3 would seem to cover any and all situations. Unfortunately, the wires are a heavier gauge than I'm used to working with and not as flexible as I would like. The smallest one is particularly stiff, as the wires are so short. They have barely been used because of this, and have spent most of last 90 days in a drawer.
I was prepared to give them a "3 star" rating (as in "It's okay") but I recently took out the 8" whisk to find the whisk part had somehow been pushed into the handle about 1/2 an inch. (I'm not sure that I'd ever used it, even once.) Since it apparently wasn't welded together, I gave the handle a twist and the whisk pulled right out of the handle. It seems the two parts are held together with some kind of rubber cement, which had failed. (I've seen labels glued down with stronger adhesive.) The photos posted by afisher91, Tony, and "techt" show a pretty accurate depiction of my whisk - the stainless wire ends are poking through a disk of dark metal with globs of glue encircling it. The end of the handle was filled with a cement of some kind with loose material/sand that fell out onto the counter. Not a pretty picture.
It's too late return these to Amazon, so I'll write it off as a learning experience. Maybe the other two will last longer, but I'm not holding my breath. I realize that Norpro isn't exactly "state of the art", but this is just sad. Some of my other whisks are decades old and have never given me any problems. I wish I could remember where I'd got them. I'll think twice before purchasing another Norpro product.
on December 1, 2015
Again, another great deal on Amazon. I was looking for 1 whisk, a medium sized one that I could use for anything I needed to whisk. The thing is, some of the prices for a single whisk were more than the price for these 3. The best thing is after I got them home, and started using them, I noticed I use the smaller whisk 75% of the time!!! I would have never bought the smaller unit if I had to choose. Plus, like I said eaier, this comes with a small, medium, and large whisk for the price of in some cases one medium whisk. I love these things, use them daily, and not one has broke or bent yet. This is a good set. Check them out for the price!!
2 people found this helpful
on November 29, 2011
I just opened these, and as I was peeling off the made in China stickers, I noticed that one of the end-caps wasn't fully set on the largest whisk. When I went to push it in, I noticed that I couldn't, because it was blocked by something. I pulled it out to look inside, and much to my dismay, SAND started pouring out of it onto my counter-top! Apparently they fill them with sand for the weight, because they are completely hollow otherwise (I expected thick, heavy duty metal, by the looks of them from the outside).

I will try to post a picture of this to the item.

Buyer Beware.
review image
64 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on March 8, 2012
When I received the package containing the Norpro 3 piece whisks from amazon, I couldn't understand why there was sand in the box. Then as I unpacked the whisks I realized that the end cap from one of the whisks had come off and that the cement/sand inside the handle of the whisk was falling out. I replaced the top and thought it was due to rough shipping and handling. Its been two weeks and the second whisk has lost its top and is also leaking out its handle contents. It might be too late to return these to Amazon, but I will definitely not be buying more of these products from Norpro. Its OXO for me.
21 people found this helpful
on January 2, 2016
I love the fact that there are three different sizes. For example, sometimes I need the large one to scramble eggs for a whole family breakfast and sometimes I only need the little one for just one egg so these give me options. I also love that I can whisk something with one of the larger whisks while my 2 1/2 yr old daughter who loves to cook with me can use the smallest one since it's her perfect size. These wash well, have kept their shape, and the handle part is perfect for holding and whisking easily. They still look brand new despite nearly daily use and by a toddler too.
2 people found this helpful
on November 9, 2015
I washed the whisks in the dishwasher before using for the first time. Two of them came out dry inside but the medium-sized one came out full of water in the handle (as other reviewers noted their whisks did). I ended up separating the handle from the whisk to empty since I didn't want the inside to be filled with rusty water (and I should mention it did just pop apart without any effort so I'm not sure if that's a good thing... the other 2 sizes seem sturdier/more well-made than the middle sized one) and will continue to do that whenever I wash that particular whisk. So for the amount I paid the set isn't bad, but it wasn't exactly the quality I expected from a Norpro item.
on March 10, 2015
These are top quality whisks. Worth the money. WRONG

I thought these were top quality. They looked great and worked fine. Until I used one in bringing up a roux. THEY ARE HELD TOGETHER WITH SOME KIND OF WAX THAT IS NOT HEAT RESISTANT. Fell apart in my hand.

So if you think you will be using these for hot food look elsewhere. I apologize for the previously incorrect review.
3 people found this helpful
on August 21, 2011
I've been using these (or, rather, the largest of these) for several weeks. They do have a nice, solid feel to them. Obviously, I can't say yet whether or not they'll be sufficiently durable, rust resistant, etc. but I suspect that, at the very least, they'll outdo the cheap-o ones they replaced.

That said, I've found that the two smaller ones aren't very useful. The smallest of the three doesn't seem to have any good purpose. As another reviewer said, anything I can do with that one, I can probably do just as easily with a fork. Anyway, I more or less expected that when I ordered so, in purchasing them, I divided the total price by two (instead of three) to come to a per-unit cost. Unfortunately, the medium one also seems too small to be particularly useful. Perhaps I should have gotten a ruler and measured the whisks that were currently in use here to see how big they were before buying these...but who does that, anyway?

So, I've spent rather a lot to get one useful, hopefully-good-in-the-long-term whisk. Shoot.

** UPDATE: Now that I've been using these whisks for about two and a half years, I thought I'd update the review. I've found that the medium whisk is, in fact, pretty useful. The little one still gets zero use and I should probably just throw it out or give it to Goodwill. The two larger whisks have been used pretty frequently and have held up great. So, given that my number of usable whisks doubled since my last review -- and now I know that they last -- I'm updating my review from 3 to 4 stars. :)
on April 7, 2015
Ordered these as a filler item to make the free shipping, and intended to use them to mix my yeast starters. As they are stainless they are easy to clean and sanitize. The 3 different sizes is a nice option depending on the application and they work as you would expect from a whisk. These have since replaced the plastic handled KitchenAid whisks.

One downside if your doing a long stir or leave them in a hot pot, the handle will get extremely hot. I know metal gets hot, but sometimes I don't multitask well and will leave on in the pot and grab without thinking :).