Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on June 15, 2017
I've had these whisks for 3 months and am very disappointed with them. I was originally drawn to them because of the sizes and the price. I like having smaller whisks for a variety of reasons, and these 3 would seem to cover any and all situations. Unfortunately, the wires are a heavier gauge than I'm used to working with and not as flexible as I would like. The smallest one is particularly stiff, as the wires are so short. They have barely been used because of this, and have spent most of last 90 days in a drawer.
I was prepared to give them a "3 star" rating (as in "It's okay") but I recently took out the 8" whisk to find the whisk part had somehow been pushed into the handle about 1/2 an inch. (I'm not sure that I'd ever used it, even once.) Since it apparently wasn't welded together, I gave the handle a twist and the whisk pulled right out of the handle. It seems the two parts are held together with some kind of rubber cement, which had failed. (I've seen labels glued down with stronger adhesive.) The photos posted by afisher91, Tony, and "techt" show a pretty accurate depiction of my whisk - the stainless wire ends are poking through a disk of dark metal with globs of glue encircling it. The end of the handle was filled with a cement of some kind with loose material/sand that fell out onto the counter. Not a pretty picture.
It's too late return these to Amazon, so I'll write it off as a learning experience. Maybe the other two will last longer, but I'm not holding my breath. I realize that Norpro isn't exactly "state of the art", but this is just sad. Some of my other whisks are decades old and have never given me any problems. I wish I could remember where I'd got them. I'll think twice before purchasing another Norpro product.
on November 29, 2011
I just opened these, and as I was peeling off the made in China stickers, I noticed that one of the end-caps wasn't fully set on the largest whisk. When I went to push it in, I noticed that I couldn't, because it was blocked by something. I pulled it out to look inside, and much to my dismay, SAND started pouring out of it onto my counter-top! Apparently they fill them with sand for the weight, because they are completely hollow otherwise (I expected thick, heavy duty metal, by the looks of them from the outside).

I will try to post a picture of this to the item.

Buyer Beware.
review image
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 8, 2012
When I received the package containing the Norpro 3 piece whisks from amazon, I couldn't understand why there was sand in the box. Then as I unpacked the whisks I realized that the end cap from one of the whisks had come off and that the cement/sand inside the handle of the whisk was falling out. I replaced the top and thought it was due to rough shipping and handling. Its been two weeks and the second whisk has lost its top and is also leaking out its handle contents. It might be too late to return these to Amazon, but I will definitely not be buying more of these products from Norpro. Its OXO for me.
on January 2, 2016
I love the fact that there are three different sizes. For example, sometimes I need the large one to scramble eggs for a whole family breakfast and sometimes I only need the little one for just one egg so these give me options. I also love that I can whisk something with one of the larger whisks while my 2 1/2 yr old daughter who loves to cook with me can use the smallest one since it's her perfect size. These wash well, have kept their shape, and the handle part is perfect for holding and whisking easily. They still look brand new despite nearly daily use and by a toddler too.
on March 10, 2015
These are top quality whisks. Worth the money. WRONG

I thought these were top quality. They looked great and worked fine. Until I used one in bringing up a roux. THEY ARE HELD TOGETHER WITH SOME KIND OF WAX THAT IS NOT HEAT RESISTANT. Fell apart in my hand.

So if you think you will be using these for hot food look elsewhere. I apologize for the previously incorrect review.
on November 9, 2015
I washed the whisks in the dishwasher before using for the first time. Two of them came out dry inside but the medium-sized one came out full of water in the handle (as other reviewers noted their whisks did). I ended up separating the handle from the whisk to empty since I didn't want the inside to be filled with rusty water (and I should mention it did just pop apart without any effort so I'm not sure if that's a good thing... the other 2 sizes seem sturdier/more well-made than the middle sized one) and will continue to do that whenever I wash that particular whisk. So for the amount I paid the set isn't bad, but it wasn't exactly the quality I expected from a Norpro item.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2016
These all started to fall apart after about a year. Food particles get stuck in the holes that the wires fit into, and then old food particles end up flaking off into whipped cream, egg whites, etc. The adhesive that holds the whisk head into the handle disintegrated and caused two of the three whisks to come apart completely.
on April 7, 2015
Ordered these as a filler item to make the free shipping, and intended to use them to mix my yeast starters. As they are stainless they are easy to clean and sanitize. The 3 different sizes is a nice option depending on the application and they work as you would expect from a whisk. These have since replaced the plastic handled KitchenAid whisks.

One downside if your doing a long stir or leave them in a hot pot, the handle will get extremely hot. I know metal gets hot, but sometimes I don't multitask well and will leave on in the pot and grab without thinking :).
on January 2, 2013
While I was whisking a hand full of parsley into my chicken stock, the adhesive that holds the wires in the handle melted and the wires plunged into the pot while I was left standing there shocked with only the handle in my hand. The adhesive was so gooey and sticky it got everywhere. Big globs of it were all through my stock floating around like ogre snot! Poor design.
on January 13, 2012
I purchased these whisks about six months ago and they've yet to let me down. I hand-wash everything, however, and I never submerge my dishes in water. I could definitely see how the handles could trap water and cause rusting, but with my care of them, they're just fine.

The whisks are small, keep in mind. You'll get a good arm workout hand-whipping a batch of egg whites and the largest one doesn't quite go to the bottom of my medium mixing bowls without submerging the handle. I typically do not need to use these on anything that I'm making that big a batch of, though.

For their price, these whisks are great. I would recommend these whisks to anyone who hand-washes their dishes. If you use a dishwasher or submerge your dishes in water, I suspect you will notice rusting.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse