BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by st vincent PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 11, 2015
Having had this item recommended by America's Test Kitchen, I was truly shocked at the product I received. It is the cheapest construction possible and broke on first use scooping cookie dough. This product is made from stamped steel which can be described at best as "poorly and loosely assembled". It is possibly the crappiest thing I have ever purchased, the articulating portion popping out of place after about 10 scoops of cookie dough. I cannot imagine how it could possibly be used for scooping ice cream. First off the handle is of terrible ergonomic design. If you attempted to scoop anything like ice cream your hand would be very sad very quickly. Secondly, the mechanism that is supposed to free the contents of the scoop is simply a piece of the handle metal bent inwards with teeth cut out and "roll" over a gear that has much too wide of spacing.

As it turns out? COUNTERFEIT. See my attached photos of their janky knockoff product.

Below I have a link to a review on YouTube which shows the quality of the actual Norpro product. Do not be fooled.

I could go on but I'm already annoyed that this thing has stolen my time and energy. I have already reported the seller to Amazon Customer Service, but their reporting mechanism doesn't allow for photos, so I thought I'd include them here.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2013
I had been searching for a smaller size cookie dough scoop for a while to make smaller cookies and confections such as truffles. This is definitely the perfect size, but the first time I used it to scoop a firm dough (slightly frozen truffle dough) the bar inside the spoon bent and popped out of place....not very sturdy. My other larger scoops were able to handle this type of consistency. My husband was able to somewhat bend it back into place, but the mechanism does not work smoothly as it should now. Needless to say, this product did not meet expectations.
Measuring cup cake batter into those little paper cups is a challenge - and eyeballing it never works very well. The major use for this Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop with be for making cup cakes and muffins. I think it will shave several minutes off prep time. It's nice and heavy, the mechanism works very well - it's SOLID, well made. I also have a small one for the bite sized cakes! It's probably a tool you won't use every day, but you'll sure be glad you have it when you need it! I ~~ deb
I wanted to come back and add that I've used this to make meatballs; it's great because they all come out the same size so bake evenly! It made the job go really quickly. So, next time you make meatloaf, double your recipe and make meatballs from half, bake and freeze them. If you like the flavor of your meatloaf, you'll like the flavor of your meatballs & it's always nice to have a meal or two in the freezer!
on August 16, 2017
These cookie scoops are perfect for smaller cookies. No need to hand roll them, just scoop, and pop out on cookie sheet
I make small, rounded almond cookies with almond meal.
But I also have arthritis, and hand rolling them in small balls was painful after awhile. But, using this scoop pops out even, rounded, mounded cookies quickly, with minimal effort.
Made of good quality metal. Should last for years
One user hint..spray both the scoop bowl, AND the scoring area with non stick vegetable spray before each use.
on May 14, 2015
Misleading--not what I wanted. I wanted a size 50 scoop. Ice cream scoops typically are numbered, with sizing going from higher numbers (smaller scoops) to lower numbers (larger scoops). I have a 30 and an 80. I was looking for a 50. This is labeled as 50 mm. Okay. My bad. I failed to go to my scoops and measure them to see how wide across they are, and if I had, I would have seen this 50 mm scoop is a size 80 scoop. But seriously. Way to provide misleading information. Also, although this is sold by Norpro, it is made by another company. Cheaply made. I'm sending it back. Mine was sold by Amazon (not a third party seller). I'm really disappointed in the product and Amazon this time around.
on November 5, 2014
The discharge bar skipped off of track first time. Maybe dough was too thick, but this product was not a win for us.
on January 22, 2014
I bought this because I searched "cookie scoop". It doesn't actually scoop out of the spoon, I have to pull it out manually as the dough sticks to it no matter what consistency I do. It's like it gets caught so the mechanism that rolls across the bottom of the scoop only goes about half way. IT SUCKS and doesn't work!
on May 26, 2014
This does not work, the gear is only 3/4 round, therefore the scoop doesn't release cookie dough because it only spins the release half way. I don't know,if this is a design flaw or an assembly error. But do not buy this.
on May 25, 2015
My wife wanted this scoop for scooping cookie dough. On the very first scoop, it broke. It is made very cheaply. Not recommended.
on June 30, 2014
This scoop was faulty and the release device came out of place on muffin batter :(

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.