Norse Tradesman Special Edition 20" Borre Style Viking Drinking Horn With Brass Stand | Burlap Gift Sack Included | Polished, 20-Inch
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$60.12 (20%)|
|Material||Horn Knot, Polished|
|Color||Horn Knot, Polished|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||16.54 x 5.51 x 5.91 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 🍻 SPECIAL EDITION BORRE STYLE - This limited edition 15" Viking drinking horn features exquisitely handcarved designs in the Norse Borre style. Tight, knot-like interlacing designs were the signature of this Viking period. This unique collector's item is priceless.
- 🍻 DRINK FROM GENUINE OX HORN - Every Viking horn is made of authentic, ethically sourced ox horn (Certified Livestock Certificate), painstakingly selected for appearance, durability, color pattern and shape. Each Norse inspired mead horn is unique in shape & color & comes packaged in a medieval burlap sack. It's time that you chose a drinking vessel as interesting as you!
- 🍻 HANDCRAFTED WITH CARE - The secret ingredient of a finely crafted mead horn is the care that is put into the construction. Our artisans have been fashioning drinking horns for generations. Each of our ale horns are hand-selected, hand-cut and hand-polished to near-perfection (we say "near" because as handmade items, no horn is entirely perfect). Finally, each stand is crafted and custom fitted to it's horn, ensuring that you can display your horn proudly!
- 🍻 PICK YOUR STYLE - Choose between multiple sizes (Large ≈ 30 cm / X-Large ≈ 50 cm), finishes (polished or unpolished), engraving styles and stand/holster offerings. Note, however, that horn size and color varies. These are 100% natural items!
- 🍻 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - When you purchase authorized Norse Tradesman goods from Daaxo Wares, your product comes guaranteed by our one year warranty. If your item suffers a serious defect in workmanship or materials, we shall provide your money back or we will die trying!
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
AleHorn Drinking Horn - 12 Inch Curved Style Drinking Horn with Stand - Viking Beer Cup with Natural Finish for Ale & Mead - Handcrafted Viking Horn Beer Stein - Authentic Holiday Gift
Viking Culture 16 oz. Viking Drinking Horn with Beer Opener, Stand, Genuine Leather Belt Holster and Vintage Burlap Bag, Polished Finished with Authentic Medieval Norse Style
VikingsBrand - Authentic & Food Safe Handcrafted Viking Drinking Horn - Medieval Viking Norse Beer Mug (Vegvisir - 18 Inches)
Mythrojan THE RED WITCH Viking Drinking Horn with Black Leather holder Authentic Medieval Inspired Viking Wine/Mead Mug – Polished Finish
|Sold By||Daaxo Wares, LLC||Ale Horn||shop happy||VikingsBrand||Mythrojan|
|Color||Horn Knot, Polished||Natural Horn||Polished Finish - Leather Belt||Vegvisir - 18 Inches||Black|
|Material||Horn Knot, Polished||Ox Horn||leather||—||—|
HOW IT'S MADE
The Norse Tradesman drinking horn is, of course, fashioned from real ox and cow horn, ethically sourced from produce farms in which the animals are harvested for their meat. Horns are never taken from live animals and the animals are NEVER harmed. Each horn is cut, cored, lightly hand polished and sealed with food-safe lacquer on it's interior. Lastly, the horn is adorned with an engraved brass rim and tip, making this a drinking vessel fit for a true Jarl. Each horn is truly a unique piece of Viking lore.
DRINKING FROM YOUR HORN
The Norse Tradesman™ drinking horn is 100% food safe, as its interior is coated with a pure lacquer that's also used to seal salad bowls and spoons. Drink beer, mead, ale, liquor or any other cold beverage with confidence. However, do not drink extremely hot beverages out of your tankard, as horns can warp after repeated exposure to extreme heat. This also means you should not place the horn in your dishwasher. Besides, the Norsemen didn't have fancy dishwashing machines! Care for your horn like the Norse treasure that it is.
After purchase, we will email you specific instructions on how to care for your traditional Viking cup.
Now raise your horns in honor of the old Norsemen! Raise your horns in remembrance of a time when life was simple and victory was sealed in blood! SKÄL!
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But seriously, great service, great product. Will be a return customer. Thanks!!
Having said that.. If you buy one of these, don't get the one adorned with metal. Mine wasn't affixed correctly and is pulling away from the horn. You can see where the glue (seriously guys, glue?) Is separating.
BTW.. the stand itself looks great. I wouldn't leave it in there unless you want beer and broken horn on the floor. Delicate balancing act. See video
I can't recommend this product at this time. I emailed the company. Let's see how they reply.
I have always wanted an authentic Viking Drinking Horn, and this is exactly what I had hoped for.
It us beautiful.
Product I received was exactly as advertised.
Does not smell.
Does not leak.
The stand that came with mine fit very well.
I would order from this company again.
I would recommend.
Here was my issue though. First horn I got, super beautiful, but the top edge where you drink from was a little faulty and cracking. Sent pics, they sent me a new one. Second horn, perfect and beautiful, but didn't fit into the belt holder, it was a little too skinny. I just made adjustments to the belt holder to get it to work, but I shouldn't have to if that is the option I choose with my product.
Overall very impressive though, I think I just had some terrible luck, and I WOULD recommend this to others even though my experience wasn't the best.
Oh, yeah, the stand. I do wish they were a little wider to promote better balance and stabilize the piece. Mine will hold my horn okay, but the slightest bump on a table or using the stand to hold a FILLED horn causes it to tip over. So the stand is really only good for putting your horn away.
Top reviews from other countries
I would definitely recommend this as both an amazing ornament and beer (it should be mead I know) seems tastes so much better when drinking it from a horn!
It didn't smell when it arrived and only mildly after washing but no odour once dry
A brilliant addition to my home, looks fantastic and is a great conversation piece. Everyone who comes round wants to drink from it.
No issues with it, haven't found that there is an aftertaste as some reviews have suggested. Made sure it was rinsed out before using it.
Just wish I could attach it to my belt as drinking out of a glass when I go to the pub just isn't the same...
I highly recommend it to anyone.