Norse Tradesman Handforged Carbon Steel Viking Sword - One and a Half Handed Design w/ Premium Leather Baldric Scabbard - "Helbítr"
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ⚔️ NORSE SPIRIT - This new & improved sword is named Helbítr, meaning hell biter in the Old Norse language. Drawing inspiration from 11th century Viking artifacts, this Viking replica sword features a semi-sharp blade, an antiqued carbon steel hilt and a genuine leather wrapped wooden shoulder scabbard.
- ⚔️ SOLID CONSTRUCTION - Constructed to last and designed to function, each replica Viking sword features a semi-sharp, double-edged blade which has been given an excellent heat treatment to achieve a 56-58 Rockwell scale hardness. This sword is no toy. Blade is full tang, meaning that the blade and handle are made from one continuous piece of steel with no welding, and features a wide fuller. This is the technique favored by all true weapons makers.
- ⚔️ SHOULDER-STRAP SCABBARD - Each sword comes with a genuine cowhide wrapped baldric (shoulder-strap sheath). The belt of the scabbard is adjustable, so you can adjust easily as per your body size. Each piece is made and assembled by hand. The scabbard is constructed from high quality wood and wrapped in genuine brown cowhide leather. Recognize the incredible quality with a simple touch or glance.
- ⚔️ BALANCED & BEAUTIFUL - This Viking weapon is crafted with the warrior in mind. Find the point of balance approx. 13 cm below the guard. The sword grip is carefully wrapped with genuine brown leather, giving a comfortable single-handed (or 1.5 handed) grip. Feel the natural balance and comfort as if the sword were an extension of your body.
- ⚔️ SPECIFICATIONS - Overall Length: 37” Blade Length: 29” Blade Width at Base: 2.4” Handle Length: 5.5” Handle Width: 1.5” Hand Guard Length: 4.75” Hand Guard Width: 0.75” Guard Thickness: 3/4 Pommel Width: 1.5” Pommel Height: 1.75" Sword Weight: 3.3 lbs Handle Material: Wooden with Leather Wrapped Blade Material: 1095 High Carbon Steel Hardness of Blade: 55-58 HRC Sharpness of Blade: Semi Sharp double edge blade Accessories: Wooden scabbard with leather wrapped and adjustable belt.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Norse Tradesman offers the finest handcrafted medieval goods available. This Viking sword is one of the finest examples of craftsmanship coming from Norse Tradesman. Even a Viking berserker would praise the construction of this item. Made with 1095 carbon steel and featuring a semi-sharp blade, this sword is a premium replica. The blade is full tang, meaning that the blade extends down into the handle as a single piece of steel, with no welding. The pommel is hot peened, -- which means the end of the tang that appears at the top of the pommel is heated and then gently hammered and expanded to form the "peen block," which is then polished into invisibility, giving it a seamless look. The fine scabbard is fashioned from high quality wood and wrapped in brown leather, giving your blade a rich sheath in which to rest in. The baldric sheath features a brown leather belt which is fashioned to strap over the shoulder and across the chest.
Sword and other cutting tools are inherently dangerous by nature. Any person using products purchased from, sold by or manufactured by Daaxo Wares in any manner, assumes all risks and responsibility for any bodily injury to themselves or those around them (including death or personal injury) or property damage which may result from the use of these products. It is the sole responsibility of the user to seek proper instruction and to act safely and with caution while using these products. Misuse of these products can potentially cause serious injury or even death. Must be 18 years or older to purchase.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, it feels extremely unbalanced and unwieldy. It has no discernable distal taper. The crossguard and pommel have very sharp edges, making handling very difficult without gloves. The grip wrapping is uneven and visibly glued.
It's not terrible as a wall hanger or a beater, but if you're a sword collector looking for a nice viking era sword there are much better options in basically the same price point.
But it's not quite what I would consider historically accurate. The width of the blade and the machined edges of the hilt diminish the blade's handling. The scabbard, while functional, hold the sword loosely and belt is thin and adjusts awkwardly.
Want a cheap, solid blade, this works. Want to add a migration era sword to your collection, this is not it.