Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.49 shipping
+ Free Shipping
The North Face Surge II Backpack
|Price:||$91.83 + $4.98 shipping|
|You Save:||$38.17 (29%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dimensions: 19.75 x 13.75 x 8.5 inches and 3 pounds 3.5 ounces
- The FlexVent suspension system boasts custom injection-molded shoulder straps, a padded mesh back panel with a spine channel and a wicking lumbar panel for maximum support and ventilation
- Main compartment for books and binders
- Padded, fleece-lined tablet sleeve located in the front compartment for quick access
- Front compartment has internal organization with a fleece-lined media pocket, secure zippered pocket and elastic webbing for cord management
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The backpack is INCREDIBLY comfortable, I can barely notice when I have it completely full of stuff!
I only have two regrets about this packpack--first, there is only one side pocket for a water bottle (which is very obvious from the photos) but something I wasn't as keen on was how small the "The North Face" pocket on the front was. It can barely fit my sunglasses in them, so I end up putting them in the pocket directly behind it. That being said, though, it is perfect for my keys and headphones!
Overall a fantastic backpack. Oh also it is basically waterproof too!
Some people are saying this daypack is a waste of money and to purchase the Surge I instead. I would have to disagree
I am a college student and I also enjoy getting lost in the woods so this pack serves my every needs
A. Lets start with the first large compartment (laptop compartment)
1. Its huge and has a tablet compartment attached to it. I fit my 15" Macbook in there with a case and use the tablet compartment for my charger usually
2. Sorry but this compartment does not have a slit to run a bladder hose through but you can always just run it though an opening in a zipper if you really wanted
3. This compartment also has a foam tube on the bottom (2inch in diameter) for protection(I just drop my bag to the floor even with my laptop in it when i set it down honestly)
B. The next large compartment is your main compartment,
1. For day hikes, I fill this thing to the top with food, clothes, gear, and usually one very large jacket for the night hike back.
2. For school i could fit my biology and physics text book in there (each is about 300 pages) plus my binders and notebooks with enough space to add my sweater on top, ITS HUGE!
C. Here's your organizational pocket
1. velcro compartment, attached to a pocket the same size which is zippered, attached to two other pocket, (could fit a CD case in each) plus other small compartments including a padded pocket for something more delicate like an iphone perhaps.
2. The front side of the pocket has a mesh zipper compartment which is nice because you can always see what you got in there.
D.Read more ›
Pros: (well the ones not mentioned or highlighted by anyone else because if I listed them all then there will be no room).
1) The weight distribution is like magic stuff in 3 text books and still feels like nothing... What sorcery is this TNF??!!!
2) Its sooo spacious it feels like a black hole where you just jam your stuff and it will reappear later. It can easily fit 3 text books or in clothing terms around a dozen t shirts and a pair of pants and still have room for a laptop and water bottle.
3) There is this little tube that protects the laptop compartment from dropping impact.
4) The napoleon pockets (I think its just so cool to say napoleon pockets) anyways just store your keys and other objects you need to quickly access.
5) The straps on the side to condense your luggage works really well. Since we're talking about straps might as well mention the chest and back straps they hold the bag so it feels like its hugging your back (which can be useful in the winter for warmth) but its better used if you're running to that one bus or riding a bike around campus.
6) The aesthetics (for the black one) is very pleasing for the person who wants to look "professional" like a businessman by day and a errrr hitman by night type of person. Very sleek doesn't stand out thats how I like it but if you want to be all flashy then there are plenty of other colors like gold so it can match your iphone...Read more ›
First off like another reviewer said that all the compartments are great but they compromise others. If I have the back compartment filled with books it's almost impossible to get anything out of the smaller front compartments without taking everything out of the backpack completely.
My biggest complaint was and is that it's falling apart after 2 weeks of very mild use. The piping is detaching off the shoulder straps.
I can't return it to Amazon because it's after the 30 day date I started using it after the date as I bought it during the summer for school in the fall.
The only other option I have is to pay the 15 dollars to send it to north face and wait 5 weeks to get it back.
Next time if I order I will get it from REI.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this for my nephew as a high school graduation present to take him off to college with books and laptop. He absolutely loves it! Great quality and looks nice. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Jackie Harwood
Beautiful and High Quality! Would have bought from TNF but free Prime shipping. Plenty of room, can fill up easily but is extremely comfortable and great for use on a college... Read morePublished 19 days ago by Clay Patrick
Love this backpack. I have had it for well over a year now and it still looks new. It is made from very durable and high-quality materials and it also has a nice-looking design.Published 21 days ago by Eric
I love that there is a lot of pockets! Very solid, I've had it for almost two years now and it still look new even if I put it in the washer a couple times (no dryer).Published 1 month ago by Tremblay roxanne
This is the third North Face 'Surge' pack that I've owned (thieves love them). I noticed diminished quality in the second and especially the third pack. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Patrick S. Armstrong
I am using it everyday for more than a year and so far no issue. Quality built.Published 2 months ago by AP