Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on December 5, 2013
The best book for Northern California gardening I have ever read. I love the way Grace writes too! Must buy!
on August 28, 2014
good gardening book. i live in oakland, and it certainly does seem targeted to that area, but there are lots of hints for higher elevations and the central valley as well. good for a relatively new gardener, like me. nice that you can start doing things at any time in the year.
on March 15, 2011
This book has been indispensable for learning how to garden. The best features are that it tells you what to do when and is specific to the region and climate. No glossy pictures is not a problem, just go to Internet for pictures (or other references). I've been able to successfully garden the first year I attempted and my husband thinks I have the best green thumb - Nope, just great help!
on October 31, 2012
It's not easy to find a monthly calendar especially suited for a specific area. This book covers all aspects of gardening in Northern California in an easy to follow monthly format. A real gem.
on June 8, 2009
I bought this for my hubby for his bday after moving to SUnnyvale, CA. It looks like it will be a great fit for the area since we're totally new to it. It's a beautiful book too!
on October 12, 2009
Packed full of information about the area that I live in. Well written, so even I can inderstand it.