|Fits as expected||
$21.79 - $95.00
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 11" from arch
- Heel measures approximately 0.5"
- Tall snow boot featuring waterproof duck-shoe vamp, D-ring lacing, and faux-fur collar
- Thermolite insulation cold rated to -40 F degrees
- All-Terrain Grip System at outsole
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Kathmandu waterproof 200 gram winter boots... Warm down to a frigid -25 degrees f! Just imagine, spending an entire winter day outdoors and never worrying about cold feet! These incredibly warm boots will keep your feet comfortable through snow and slush, ice and bitterly cold temps! Gear up for your favorite winter activities with the right footwear. For everything from hiking to snowshoeing to just making it across a frozen parking lot without feeling like your toes are turning to ice cubes, you can count on these northside kathmandu boots to keep your feet warm and dry
Rock-solid fashions for the family on the go. Whether it's cold-weather boots or rugged sandals, Northside is all about keeping families moving. The products are built to withstand what today's active families throw at them, or on them. Available in the latest styles, materials and colors, these shoes offer flattering silhouettes with great features like quick-draw lacing, toe guards and traction soles. In fact, Northside all-season footwear offers the features of higher-priced brands, without the high price tag. Finally, there's family footwear to get excited about.
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B00I5G2QBM
- Item model number: KATHMANDU-W
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 11, 2013
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
1. These are waterproof out of the box. It's been raining for 3 days and I've taken the dogs out, checked the mail, gone out to the car several times, and my feet are dry.
2. The sizing is just about right. They initially felt a little small, but the issue is mostly all the synthetic fluff inside the boot which will (sadly) flatten and become matted over time.
3. Warm! My feet are ALWAYS cold. The only time I ever had "hot feet" was when I was between 6-9 months pregnant. My feet were cold when I shoved them into the boots, and within 30 minutes they were nice and toasty. They are actually a bit sweaty as I type this review.
4. Craftsmanship: deduct a half star. If you are looking for perfect seams and even stitching all around, you will be disappointed. When I just glanced at the boots, they looked GREAT. Upon closer inspection, it became clear that whoever (or whatever--you never know these days) fabricated my boots was not plagued by OCD issues. Not a big deal since the imperfections are simply cosmetic and only apparent when actively scrutinized.
5. Tread/sole: deduct another half star. I will be wearing these boots for sledding, shoveling snow, and accompanying my kids to all manner of wintertime entertainment. The tread on these boots is composed primarily of somewhat shallow horizontal grooves across the sole, which is quite thin. Another reviewer indicated that she could almost feel the ground beneath her feet while wearing these boots. That is an exaggeration, but I will say that I can feel the uneven tiles on my kitchen floor through the soles of these boots. On a plus note, the less substantial soles make the boots lighter than they appear. After almost 5 hours of continuous wear (outside, inside, up and down stairs), my leg muscles are not fatigued at all.
I really needed something waterproof and warm for the winter, and these boots fit the bill. They are competitively priced and stylish. All in all, I'm really pleased with my purchase and have no problem recommending them to other Amazon.com shoppers.
They are so warm and comfortable. I wear them all the time.
Others are correct about getting a size down. I wear 8.5 and ordered an 8.
Anyway, it hasn't been extremely cold here yet so I can't test the weather rating. I will update my review then.
My only negative is they are hard to take off. It takes a little elbow grease. Lol
The picture compares my other recently purchased boots to compare size. They do look slightly bigger, but other than that.
**Update. It's been extremely cold this winter and these boots have kept my feet warm. I play in the snow with my son and I don't have to run inside every 10 minutes to warm up.
Here's the good (5 stars):
They are incredibly warm (worn in DC, KC, NYC adn Iceland during winter)
The soles are comfortable (wore for 13 miles throughout NYC)
They look great
The company offers some of the best online customer service I've ever experienced
Here's the bad (1 star):
My left boot buckled and dug into my Achilles to the point of temporarily making it difficult for me to walk. It's really strange because the right boot never caused a problem, just the left. I kept wearing them, hopoing I'd break them in, but it never happened. I ended up contacting the company about the issue and they immediately mailed me a new pair.
I really want to like these. I haven't worn the new pair yet because the weather is not too warm, so I will give them a go next winter.