Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 17, 2013
Despite the negative review, I took the risk and purchased the bike for my son as this was the cheapest aluminum frame 24" mountain bike I could find. The bike arrived quickly and in fine condition. Best of all, the bike was light and performed as good as a much more expensive bike. I did have to fine tune the gears and brakes, but this was expected as it had to be assembled which took about 30 minutes.

I was hesitant about purchasing this bike due to the negative review, but I'm quite happy I took the risk. I see that the bike only has one review, which is probably due to potential buyers veering away by the negative review. This is unfortunate since the negative aspect of the review had nothing to do with the bike itself. I've also had one or two bad shipment experiences in the past. Sooner or later everyone will run into this issue as no shipping company is perfect. If someone takes the time to write a product review, it should be about the product itself and for the benefit of others.

I've decided to leave this review in the hope that it would help those dads out there who are also looking for a nice bike for their sons like I was.
269 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on October 23, 2016
It is an excellent bike for the price. No problems what so ever. I was skeptical about buying because of the bad reviews, but the only way I see any problems with this bike is if you don't know how to assemble a bicycle. It rides smooth, the brakes are great, and it's the perfect weight and size.
14 people found this helpful
on November 22, 2016
Take your time and put it together correctly and the bike is a really good bike. My nine year old is head over heels for his. Shipping was quick and damage free.
8 people found this helpful
on June 23, 2017
We were a little nervous buying a bike online and at this price however we are very pleased with this bike! My husband had to put it together and he did a good job but I would recommend bringing it for a tune-up before your kids start riding it. We have had this for about 3 weeks and it has been used every day. Great bike for the price but definitely get the tune-up. The gears worked much better after the tune-up and the brakes had to be adjusted. Again this could of been the way we put it together.
9 people found this helpful
on April 14, 2015
Well made bicycle, and my 11 year old loves it. The packaging was completely destroyed upon arrival, and the rear derailer was bent. I was able to get it straighten out with a vise and judicious use of a ball peen hammer. If yours arrives with its packaging intact, you should like it.
on October 4, 2016
This is a great bike! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great looking solid bike at a very good price.
5 people found this helpful
on June 19, 2018
Good bike for the money. Attaching Handle bar, front tire, seat, and pedals was all that was required to have a full ride. BUT also needed a bit of adjustment with derailleurs and brakes, which is to be expected on a bike shipped in a box. If you are not prepared to put the bike together as well as do some adjusting to tune it up, pay someone to do it.

Nine out of ten negative reviews I see on this bike can be chalked up to damage from shipper or those who are not prepared to do some average mechanical work on a bike. Again, this bike comes shipped in a box and 90% put together. A bicycle shop will be able to sell you a fully assembled and tuned bike.

Rides smooth, feels solid, gears and brakes engage well for a sub $200 bike. If you are expecting an $800 bike, you'll be disappointed.

The front suspension to me is not stiff enough. I'm 5'8" and 165 lbs. Wish that could be adjusted. If so, I'd give it 5 stars.
on September 16, 2017
good ride
3 people found this helpful
on May 4, 2016
This has turned out to be a GREAT bike for my 10yo son - we ride out in the rough AZ desert and it's perfect for him. Great on rough terrain, great on surface streets - and to him - "it looks cool" - money well spent.
on April 19, 2017
I read all the negative reviews, but decided to try my luck. My daughter and I are very glad we purchased this bike. Very study, well made and pretty. Assembling the bike was easy as almost all the parts are already in place. My daughter likes how easy the gear can be shifted. She is 13 years old but 6' 2" tall and the bike fits her very well. Both the seat and the handle bar can be adjusted for various heights. I have no regrets buying this bike despites all the negative reviews. The bike is very good. I think you will like it as well.