Kent Northwoods Springdale Women's Hybrid Bicycle, White
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- 21 Speed
- Shimano Tourney rear derailler
- 700c Alloy Rims
- Linear pull brakes & Alloy Quick Release Seat Clamp
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Northwoods Crosstown 21 speed Hybrid Bicycle is perfect for anyone looking for a dependable bicycle for commuting or recreational use. A hand crafted lightweight aluminum frame, 700c alloy rims, Shimano components and even a rear rack create an amazing value. Available in white (Women’s) and black (Men’s).
Designed for recreational use and around-town commuting, the Northwoods Crosstown Hybrid Bicycle features a hand-crafted, lightweight aluminum frame and 700c tires for a comfortable ride. Equipped with Shimano components including a Shimano Tourney rear derailleur, the Northwoods Crosstown offers 21 speeds for easy adjustability up and down hills and has linear pull brakes for confident stopping power. Additional details included alloy rims, an alloy quick release seat clamp, a rear rack, and fenders. The women's bike frame is paired with upright comfort-rise handlebars for an easy riding position.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well, when I received the bike (which was late by a day of the expected 2-day delivery, but oh well), I wanted to see how difficult it could possibly be. Let's just put it this way - some parts were challenging because the instructions are useless, however, with a little common sense, and maybe Google, it's not impossible. Oh, I should mention, I have never installed a bike before. I'm not a mechanic nor do I spend my time building furniture. My day job is in IT networking, but I wanted to prove to my boyfriend that I could be just as handy as he is. Two hours later, and I have a beautiful white bike. I did remove all the ugly stickers and it looks so much better without them. I may purchase more conservative vinyl stickers of my own to decorate the bike later, if I can find the right type.
I should emphasize that this bicycle is under $200 which, in the bike world, is considered an economical bike. It's like the Toyota Corolla of the Toyota lineup or the Ford Focus of the Ford lineup. With that said, it is by far a great value. The quality may not be the best, but overall, it puts together nicely. It has great features and a rack! I love that back rack and can't wait to put it to use.
Sadly, I didn't research the height of this bike and it may be slightly big for me. I'm 5'2" and about 120lbs and can't get a good stance while sitting on the saddle, even when the seat is all the way down. I just stand up and the problem is solved for me, but I should give you short ladies (or guys) a slight warning in case you're more concern about getting a bike that suits your height.
Because of my small frame, lifting this bike up on a bus's bike rack is not easy, but just a minor inconvenience compared to the overall beauty of this bike.
- First packaging (because it affects installation), packaging actually gets a one star... besides some small bubble wrap, not much is done to protect the contents of the box. Contents come broken, dented, scratched and bent, but not enough to warrant a return (see pictures).
- Next Installation (3 stars). I saw a lot of questions about how difficult is it to put together. The Bike is about 80% together in the box; so the short answer is that it is not that difficult if you have some knowledge about bike maintenance. The instructions are okay, but if this is your first time putting a bike together, the instructions will frustrate you... and you will probably end up taking to a bike shop. The most frustrating is that the instructions for the front brakes do not match how the bike is shipped, so it is very confusing. If I did not have a small amount of experience, I would have returned. Also, because the rear rack was bent, it made it difficult to install. If you do not have the strength or tools to get back into shape, it will make installation very difficult.
- Next tooling (4 stars). The most difficult part about installation was the fact that some very similar parts need different tools. For example, the front fender uses a phillips screw driver, but the rear fender uses allen wrenches... except of course the part of the fender that attaches to the frame and then you are back to a phillips screwdriver. However, the only tools you really need are a phillips head screwdriver, some allen wrenches, and a combo wrench (better to have a wrench set, but a combo will do).
- like others, I will say that this bike has a lot of stickers, but they are easy to remove.... I do not like being a rolling advertisement, so took them all off to make it a generic white bike.
- I will write more on customer service once I get a response about a new reflector, some touch up paint and maybe a new fender that is not dented.
- UPDATED Customer Service. Though Amazon was not able to replace specific parts, they did in good faith issue a credit that will compensate for finding and purchasing these products from a 3rd party.
- I will also write more about functionality as my daughter uses this. She is a bicycle commuter in Washington DC, so we will see how this Hybrid bicycle holds up against the $79 target special that she uses now.