Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,383 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 13, 2014
If you have an existing Norton 360 subscription which you want to renew: DO NOT insert insert the CD in your computer nor run the download (if you purchase a download).

INSTEAD
1) Open your Norton 360
2) Select "Account" on the top of the menu
3) Select "I have a key or code to enter"
4) Enter the activation code (or "Product Key")---from a card with installation instructions enclosed with the software. That's all. You're done.

Keep the CD and instructions, you may need them if you have a problem with N360 later on.

CD or DOWNLOAD?
Why bother with a potentially troublesome download?---the CD is the same price. The CD is the most convenient way to install Norton 360 on several computers (since this is a 1-user, 3-computer license).

WHERE TO BUY?
> Direct from Norton is the most expensive---about $90 per year, and they push the download (not recommended), and for auto-renewal, meaning that they'll charge your card another $90 next year (not recommended).
> Retailers, such as WalMart may accept returns---and in some cases that means that the activation code has already been used, and so will not work for you. Not recommended
> Amazon Merchants (i.e., 3rd parties selling on Amazon), very frequently are selling copies of N360 with used activation codes (and therefore will not work for you). Not recommended. NEVER buy an "open box" (meaning that the box has been opened)---in such cases the activation code has almost certainly been used.
> Amazon does not accept software returns. Therefore you can be pretty sure the activation code has not been used already.

RECOMMENDATION: Buy N360 only DIRECTLY from AMAZON.

CONSIDER: Particularly if you already have N360 installed, and are just purchasing an extension of your subscription--ANY valid unused N360 activation code will work. That means you can buy a box labeled for a previous year at a big discount, and the activation code will work just fine.
VINE VOICEon September 15, 2014
I was tired of trying different products that did different things and often competed with each other when I asked my sis-in-law what products she recommended to protect her computers, manage backups and secure her identity. She has worked with computers for decades and proudly holds the title of Family Geek to this day. She gifted me with my first license for Norton 360 about 2008 and I have resubscribed ever since.

The most important stuff that Norton 360 does is rarely noticeable. Every once in awhile, while surfing, I will get a heads up about a website known for malicious activity or told that a file I tried to download is corrupt. N360 runs regular scans to check for viruses and infections or to let me know when it is time to take some additional action to tune up for performance. My favorite and most used feature is the Identity Safe, which does exactly what Norton says: "remembers, secures, and automatically enters your usernames and passwords for you, so they can't be lost or stolen."

One trick that I learned (that at least one other person here has shared) is do not set up your account to automatically renew. I have a Google alert set up to let me know when Amazon and other retailers have it on sale. I have easily saved as much as 75% compared to what Norton would have charged me to auto-renew. You can even buy a couple at a time because the key codes stack.

After years of concerns about our home PCs getting hacked, infected or whatever, it has been great to really not think of it much at all.
on September 4, 2014
Norton 360 seems to be one of the more reliable programs out there and is updated almost every day.
I have 6 PCs at home and usually buy the new box each year from Amazon instead of paying twice as much for the auto renew.
You still need other protection, but make sure the other security programs you use do not conflict with this or prepare to be unhappy.
I also use the Norton 360 for registry cleanup. So far it has not crashed my system the same way some other programs have, but this is a light cleanup.
I have many massive files (mostly high resolution photography). I do not use the Norton backup as it overloads my backup drives and has difficulty differintiating new from the old files with minor tweaks in some part of a file.
I manually back up, but have to put up with the program frequenly warning me I do not have a backup.
on August 28, 2014
This is the last Symantec/Norton product I will ever buy. I've struggled with the idiosyncracies of Symantec's products for 8+ years. They are far and away the hardest and least intuitive PC products to install that I have ever encountered. Even so, Norton 360 2014 was the largest nightmare I have ever dealt with. I tried installing the first seat repeatedly and got no extension on my Norton 360 2013 license until it expired. Finally in desperation I ended up pissing away another $38 buying another seat of the same product (which was still cheaper than the extortionate $60 "bargain" which Norton offered me to buy it directly from them). Attempting to install it directly resulted in the same useless result --- it told me that my license was expired. FInally I tried the renew option directly from the tool where I found an option to insert a new license key. This ulimately worked although from the perspective of the Norton Account website I'm still expired and they continue to mailbomb me asking for more money. This is the most disgusting thing I have ever dealt with with PC software. I will never buy another Symantec product.
on March 31, 2014
Norton has lost its edge with me, a customer of over 20 years. On 3/29/14 I tried to install this 360 Norton, had problems as it would not install. I contacted Norton technical services and they did a rescue and hot it installed, took over 2 hours.
Little did I know they created more problems than they solved. Now all my windows files re-install every time I boot up my laptop and now I have vault for my saved passwords that I have to set up a different password to gain access. But I cannot gain access, as all my saved passwords are in cypher space somewhere. I again contacted Norton technical service yesterday 3/30/14 and their tech service stated I never had the saved passwords, I told them they were incorrect. The did another rescue (logged in) on my laptop and I could see the saved passwords as they took control.
They again told me I did not have them before. I asked for a supervisor, they put our online chat on hold. After 1 1/2
Hours no person came back to the online chat. The norton tech person closed the chat and again left me hanging. I phoned their toll free tech service line, was put on hold again until live person came on the line. He agreed to escalate the case to a specialist, again on hold. This tech person verified my phone number in case we got disconnected and they would call me back. I gave this person both case numbers, #14916832 & 14897764, so they could read the online chats word for word. After about 30 minutes I again was disconnected and as of now, 3/31/14 6PM PST I have yet to receive a call regarding Norton's lousy customer service or help with the problems they caused with their rescue log ins or the fact I cannot use my saved passwords and windows 7 has to reload every times boot up my laptop. As a senior, on a fixed income and wanting to be protected on the Internet, I will never purchase this product again and would advise all of you out there do not purchase Norton products. Boycott Norton until they cleanup their customer service and products.
on April 25, 2014
I had several of our computers here at home about to have their Norton 360 expire and found this for $34 (although a good price, the joke was on me because one week later it turned up on an hourly sale price of under $25). I working on PC's and clean viruses for a living and can honestly tell you that no matter what anti-virus suite you purchase it will not protect you 100% of the time (70% is a closer figure), but we've had good luck with this product over the last decade and the two "most liked" features for myself are: The safe search; where you search for something on the web and if the site is okay you get a "GREEN" Light, and the password vault. This allows me to make absurdly long and complicated passwords for each website and not have to remember what they are - Norton takes care of that. If you happen to spend any time searching websites like PCWORLD or PCMAG during the course of a year you'll see at least 3 or 4 "TOP 10 ANTI-VIRUS SUITES", and usually you'll find the top ten in different numeric positions each time. Read reviews, ask your friends [unless they recommend Microsoft Security Essentials, in which case you'll have to wonder what sort of friend would do that to another :) ], or your local computer shop for suggestions and make a decision based on that.
on August 22, 2014
The product deserves 5 star's I purchased the down load version. the instructions were not clear. I have down loaded plenty of software with out a problem. I had so much trouble I had two versions of this software down loaded at the same time. short story I had to have Norton take control of my computer to install it correctly. so what should have been 15 min. turned into two hours and that was with norton working really fast I was done with them in under 30 Min. maybe next time it would be worth it to just have them to down load it to begin with. So the blame should go to Norton. Except don't ask Amazon for help on one of there chat pages I was connected to some company that opened with let me look at your computer and see what kind of viras protection you need. that was a scam company. they some how are liked to amazon tech. support be sure who is on the other end wanting to take control of your computer. that company some how tried to reconect to my computer the next day by remote I seen it happening fortinently or who knows what they could have done.
So that was my exsperience.
on August 26, 2014
I had used Norton for several years but I would advise people to avoid them now. I bought Norton 360 from Amazon, I had the usual runaround registering it but Amazon helped, although it should have alerted me that Norton is becoming untrustworthy. Today I found that Norton 360 wouldn't open on my desktop. I uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall it. Norton's own website now refused to allow me to reregister the desktop and claimed that I had a "trial" version and had used up my three licences. Before one could always deregister one of the the computers and then re enable it. I then tried to "chat" with a so called Norton expert. The only thing that he wanted to do was to take remote control of my computer. I asked him why he couldn't authorise the renewal from his end and how it could possibly be necessary to take remote control when I had just removed all of Norton 360 at my end. After some very fishy discussion I activated Windows firewall and Defender and downloaded Malwarebytes. I shall also be alert for Norton's renewal scam.
on December 27, 2013
Once you buy it, you can immediately run the download and install, however once you get the new license key, you don't have to reinstall. I'm not sure reinstalling is a good idea, due to it must uninstall your existing product and will ask the question to keep the viruses in quarantine? I think if you said no, then it would unleash every unholy viruses known to mankind, onto your computer.
Anyway, Once you have the new license key, just go to your online Norton account and click on the renew button, then enter the new code.
Norton has gotten more thorough and un-intrussive as time goes on. It stays more in the background, seems to draw less computing power, and is less domineering than it used to be. It has always been a good anti-virus program, but it used to cause as many conflicts as it prevented (there used to be the .dll file that was a source of annoyance through several versions!); and didn't interact well with other programs and/or make its presence felt in many annoying ways.

Luckily, it has put all that behind it: it works in the background; doesn't interfere unless it has to due to a real threat; doesn't slow anything down; doesn't try to run the show; and still gives you a level of protection that makes you feel secure.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.