Norton 360 2014 - 1 User / 3 Licenses [Old Version]
|Price:||$59.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Provides a single, comprehensive solution that protects you from threats, guards your files against loss, and optimizes your PC's performance.
- Lets you share, surf, shop, bank, and socialize online without downloading threats, getting ripped off, or having your passwords and identity stolen
- Automatically backs up your files-so you don't have to remember to do it-without getting in your way
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Norton 360 delivers our most comprehensive antivirus and Internet protection. An exclusive mix of technologies identifies threats, outsmarts thieves, automatically backs up important files and treasured memories, and restores PCs to maximum horsepower.
Actively Protects Against Viruses, Spam, Identity Theft, and Social Media Dangers
- Insight identifies which files and applications are safe and which are dangerous, using the combined feedback of more than 175 million Norton users.
- Norton Community Watch tracks virtually every file on the Internet for comprehensive global threat monitoring.
- SONAR Behavioral Protection detects the signs that a file is dangerous to proactively protect you from never-before-seen threats.
- Spam Blocking keeps your mailbox free of unwanted, dangerous, and fraudulent emails.
- Internet Protection System scours websites and social networking sites for suspicious links and content to identify the latest social networking scams.
- Download Insight and IP Address Insight prevent you from downloading files from websites that have a low reputation score within the Norton user community.
- Live 24x7 Threat Monitoring is backed by a network of Norton users who serve as your own personal Neighborhood Watch group.
- Scam Insight reviews a website’s reputation and lets you know if it’s safe to enter your personal information.
- Anti-Phishing Technology blocks fraudulent “phishing” sites set up to steal your personal information.
- Identity Safe remembers, secures, and automatically enters your usernames and passwords for you, so they can’t be lost or stolen.
- Parental Control feature helps you protect your kids from online dangers by giving you direct access to Norton Online Family.
- Safe Web tells you if a website is unsafe before you visit it and it’s too late.
Automatic Silent Updates Keep You One Step Ahead
or 2GB of online storage
- Always up-to-date product automatically downloads and installs important product and feature updates when you’re not using your computer.
- Norton Pulse updates virus definitions every 5 to 15 minutes without disrupting your work or play.
- Insight + Optimized File Copy identifies safe files and only scans unknown files.
- Built-in Intelligence maximizes battery life by putting off non-critical activities until you are plugged in and out of full-screen mode.
- Norton Management enables easy single-password access to all Norton cloud-based applications and Web properties—to update, renew, fix, or install Norton. Includes Norton Management, Norton Anti-Theft, Norton Family, and Identity Safe.
- Windows 8 Compatibility touch-friendly support works equally great in keyboard and mouse environments.
Restores Lost PC Horsepower and Boosts Performance
- Defrag fixes common problems that can rob your computer of speed and power.
- Startup Manager frees up PC memory and fine-tunes settings, so your computer starts up faster.
- PC Tune-Up removes unnecessary files to free up storage space and improve hard drive speed and reliability.
Deep-Cleansing Tools Scour and Disinfect
- Norton Power Eraser scrubs your computer of deeply embedded, difficult-to-remove infections.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool creates an emergency rescue CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC running like new, even if it’s so infected it won’t start up. (Boot to a clean OS.)
- Windows 8 App remediation scans Windows 8 apps for threats and removes them.
Automatically Backs Up Everything Important to You
- Automatic Backup will create backups of files to disc, USB device, or 2GB of online storage automatically when you’re not using your PC.
At a Glance
- Keeps you safe when you surf, shop, and bank online
- Warns you about social media scams and suspicious content
- Stops both today's and tomorrow's threats
- Automatically backs up your important files and treasured memories
- Blocks infected and dangerous downloads
- Cleans up your hard drive to free up space
- Restores lost horsepower to sluggish PCs
- Reduces PC startup time and boosts performance
- Helps you protect your kids from online dangers
- Gets rid of hard-to-remove infections
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)1
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 81
- 256 MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Support for Antispam
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 or later
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Windows Mail (spam filtering only)
Browser Support for Phishing Protection, Safe Search, and Password Management
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)1, 2
- Mozilla Firefox (32-bit only)2, 3
- Google Chrome 2, 3
Browser Support for Vulnerability Protection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)1, 2
- Mozilla Firefox (32-bit only)2, 3
- Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients
- Online Backup feature requires high-speed Internet connection
1 Some protection features are not available in Windows 8 style browsing mode.
2 As made available by Symantec within your service period.
3 Supports current and the most recent previous 32-bit releases.
Platform: PC Disc
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Open your Norton 360
2) Select "Account" on the top of the menu
3) Select "I have a key or code to enter"
4) Enter the activation code (or "Product Key")---from a card with installation instructions enclosed with the software. That's all. You're done.
Keep the CD and instructions, you may need them if you have a problem with N360 later on.
CD or DOWNLOAD?
Why bother with a potentially troublesome download?---the CD is the same price. The CD is the most convenient way to install Norton 360 on several computers (since this is a 1-user, 3-computer license).
WHERE TO BUY?
> Direct from Norton is the most expensive---about $90 per year, and they push the download (not recommended), and for auto-renewal, meaning that they'll charge your card another $90 next year (not recommended).
> Retailers, such as WalMart may accept returns---and in some cases that means that the activation code has already been used, and so will not work for you. Not recommended
> Amazon Merchants (i.e., 3rd parties selling on Amazon), very frequently are selling copies of N360 with used activation codes (and therefore will not work for you). Not recommended. NEVER buy an "open box" (meaning that the box has been opened)---in such cases the activation code has almost certainly been used.
> Amazon does not accept software returns. Therefore you can be pretty sure the activation code has not been used already.
RECOMMENDATION: Buy N360 only DIRECTLY from AMAZON.
CONSIDER: Particularly if you already have N360 installed, and are just purchasing an extension of your subscription--ANY valid unused N360 activation code will work. That means you can buy a box labeled for a previous year at a big discount, and the activation code will work just fine.
The most important stuff that Norton 360 does is rarely noticeable. Every once in awhile, while surfing, I will get a heads up about a website known for malicious activity or told that a file I tried to download is corrupt. N360 runs regular scans to check for viruses and infections or to let me know when it is time to take some additional action to tune up for performance. My favorite and most used feature is the Identity Safe, which does exactly what Norton says: "remembers, secures, and automatically enters your usernames and passwords for you, so they can't be lost or stolen."
One trick that I learned (that at least one other person here has shared) is do not set up your account to automatically renew. I have a Google alert set up to let me know when Amazon and other retailers have it on sale. I have easily saved as much as 75% compared to what Norton would have charged me to auto-renew. You can even buy a couple at a time because the key codes stack.
After years of concerns about our home PCs getting hacked, infected or whatever, it has been great to really not think of it much at all.
I have 6 PCs at home and usually buy the new box each year from Amazon instead of paying twice as much for the auto renew.
You still need other protection, but make sure the other security programs you use do not conflict with this or prepare to be unhappy.
I also use the Norton 360 for registry cleanup. So far it has not crashed my system the same way some other programs have, but this is a light cleanup.
I have many massive files (mostly high resolution photography). I do not use the Norton backup as it overloads my backup drives and has difficulty differintiating new from the old files with minor tweaks in some part of a file.
I manually back up, but have to put up with the program frequenly warning me I do not have a backup.