Customer Reviews: Norton 360 6.0 Premier 1 User / 3 PC [Old Version]
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon

on April 27, 2012
I have paid for Norton online backup for years. I paid for extra space so I knew all my files would be backed up automatically. I use my computer for a consulting business & it was worth it for me to have the assurance that everything was safe. My computer crashed 12 days ago. I have been trying to restore my files from Norton every day since then. I have spent hours on tech support calls. I am currently listening to hold music. My phone says we've been on hold for 2 1/2 hours. They claim that there is "maintenance" being done on the server which contains my files, but their description of the problem changes with every call/ chat session. There is no professional follow through, or special concern that this is not business as usual. In fact one tech guy in a candid moment admitted that the service was not intended for large blocks of data. (Why did they happily charge me of all that space??) The "maintenance" has been going on for 12 days now & they are telling me to wait 4 more days to try again.

So they are VERY good at selling their product, collecting the money & wasting the customer's time if you actually need to restore anything!!!
on April 14, 2012
When you receive this software you will notice on the top right corner of the box it will say March 1, 2011 and then underneath that it will say version 5.0. Perhaps this is referencing the red rectangular box above it that reads in White Letters PC Editors Choice. Regardless, this is misleading, since on the front of the box it says Norton 360 v6 and this is the packaging for v6 2012 release. On the side of the box it will say copyright 2012, and the owners manual in .pdf will say copyright 2011. However this is the most current version 6.01 and I verified this with Norton. If you are not accostomed to using bundled software like this, you will be in for a very high tech experience. Not to be discouraged, you learn as you go, with a 500+ Page Manual in .pdf on the dvd and a much shorter quick start guide. I have just received this, and I am learning. I wrote this review to warn you not to be misled by the date on the top right of the box, as I ended up returning the first copy I purchased thinking it was a 2011 release. It is not, it is 2012. All I can say about this software is that my computer is very secure since installing this and I know after receiving and installing that I made the right decision. The prices on Amazon are very competitive which is why I purchased it here. I give 5 stars to this product, Amazon Customer Service, and Norton Support.
on April 19, 2012
I've been using this product for three years now, buying the newest release annually. It has replaced BitDefender on my PC, which had allowed a virus in and was unable to remove, even with their customer support. The Norton has run quietly and unnoticed in the background; doing what it is supposed to do. I'd buy it again, and Amazon's price is much better than I've found anyplace else.
on June 5, 2012
Due to some of the negative reviews about mixed up product keys I went ahead and ordered the physical product. I still have 2 months left on my previous key so I was in no hurry anyway. My product review for 360 Premier v5 can be found here ( and nothing worth noting has changed. I was automatically updated to v6 by the product which is a new experience in anti-virus software for me.

I've never has an antivirus upgrade me to a new version due to already being a subscriber. In the past if you purchased v5 then v5 was what you would get and renewing your subscription would only get you the rights to continued updates to the engine or definitions. The other option would be to purchase the new version. Here it looks like with this product you are buying the key for Norton 360 Premier and the version number is inconsequential/irrelevant. Of course renewing your subscription through the company will cost you $100 for another year while buying the product on-line here will get you the same thing for $40 but that is nothing new. The $60 difference is worth the 30min it would take me to re-install if I have to but I don't think I will.

Ten months in and I'm still completely happy with the product. It has kept my wife's computer and the laptop my wife and daughter share virus and malware free which of course means less time spent fixing issues for me.

Update, you can get the Norton 360(tm) Everywhere for $47 right now (6/8/2012) and it will include up to 5 Licenses and will cover your smart phone.
on March 30, 2012
I have used Norton for years and years but as soon as I upgraded to 360 Premium Edition my problems began. If you are runnig an older Operating System like Windows XP then downloading this product is the worst thing you can do. I immediately started having issues with error messages regarding missing DLLs from my long time (previously error free) programs like Corel Video Studio and even Microsoft Word. The problems expanded over the next few days and now my PC is unusable - although I can boot it up in Safe Mode so I can offload my important documents and spreadsheets. I had to buy a new HP Desktop (from Amazon - great price) but I am not going Norton 360. On a positive note I have to say that previous editions of Norton have saved me from numerous attacks and I am one of the few PCers among my colleagues who has never been hacked (thanks to Norton) but the combination of Windows XP and Norton 360 Version 6 Premier has been a real disaster for me. Don't be the next victim!

Update: 5/03/2012 I have a new computer now with the new Windows Operating System "Windows 7." I decided to use my remaining paid Norton License to put the 360 Premium Edition on this new computer. It is working fine. So please remember that while my original review still stands - and I am sure that 360 Premier killed my Windows XP computer - it functions perfectly with Windows 7.
on May 5, 2012
I ordered and downloaded Norton Premier 6.0 and got the key code for Norton Basic 360...
Only answer was to get a refund from Amazon... Was hoping just to swap out for another
version but the customer service rep would not let me... Not fun installing and
re-installing just to find out Amazon / Nortons had the wrong product key for
the Norton Premier 6.0... but I must say that Amazon's return service was
quick and easy with no problems... don't know if i will do another digital
download though....

on May 4, 2012
The activation key provided by Amazon did not activate this version of the software - see details below.

I've been using Norton 360 for a few years now and I've been happy with it as a software product.

There are a couple of less-than-ideal things about 360:
a) when your subscription ends the software stops working completely unlike previous versions of Norton anti-virus tools which would stop updating but would still function. Not completely unexpected, but annoying nonetheless.
b) the Norton pricing for subscription update is significantly higher than buying a new copy of the exact same software from Amazon, thus I bought it through Amazon which leads to a significant issue I had during install:

The key provided by Amazon does not activate the version 6 software that I downloaded from Amazon.
Fortunately enough the Norton installer informed me of the software that it would activate (Norton 360 version 5) and took me to the download page. In the end there's no harm since version 5 is simply upgraded to version 6 through the program updates, but what a hassle. I don't know if that's Norton's fault or Amazon's fault, but that's pretty lame and I wasted at least an hour chasing it around.

The long version is this: I already had Norton v6 installed (Ironically enough I had installed the software update while I was under subscription so that I could more easily make the transition to a new key. hah), so I tried to renew my already installed 360 with my new key from Amazon. It wouldn't let me do that telling me the key is not valid for this software, so I downloaded the just purchased software (ver 6) from Amazon and ran the downloaded installer. A reboot later it still wouldn't let me activate with the key from Amazon. Finally I clued in and clicked through the installer link to the Norton website and it provides me a download link to version 5. Fine, so I download version 5 from Norton, uninstall my unactivate-able version 6, reboot, install version 5, reboot, go to check for update, download the version 6 update from Norton (I didn't feel like trying to install the version 6 that I had downloaded from Amazon and figured I'd just go through the normal update process), install the update... finally done.
If the provided key was valid for version 6 this would have taken 5 minutes.
on August 7, 2012
When Norton installer starts and asks you to type in the product code, pretty hard to miss. What is easy to miss is the default setting that is checked which will automatically allows your computer to forward and I quote, "security information" to Norton without your knowledge. Absolutely inexcuseable to try and pass that one by its customers. They should have to AGREE to such terms and NOT make it a default.

1 star for wasting my time while I uninstalled and reinstalled on all our home computers.
on June 23, 2012
I have used Norton products to protect my computer for years and have used the 360 Premier for the last 2 years. I have been delighted with the products. The support that Norton gives it's clients is just terrific and I reccomend this product highly. The price, quality and delivery of this item was just terrific. Thanks.
on December 12, 2012
I've used Norton before but I bought this Norton in August 2012. Since then it originally failed on my computer but tech support got me up and going. Then in October it failed on my husband's computer. Tech support helped me; later in the day when my husband restarted the computer it TOTALLY crashed. My husband took it back to factory settings and at this time is using the "free" Norton that came with the system. Now back to my computer, at this very moment my Norton will not complete updates (which has been the problem all 3 times). I know I can call and help will be provided. I really wish I'd never became involved with Norton because totally getting rid of it out of your bio's takes someone a lot more tech-savvy than I am. (I started to give it a 1 star then decided because I know it is doing SOME work to give it credit for that.)

See 1 answered question