Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 8, 2012
If you use a Firewall (external to Windows) and know a bit on how to sure safe, keep Windows Updated via Windows updates, then this is all you need. You don't need the fancy security sweet and all that 360 crap.

Oh, always buy a new copy every year, never purchase the upgrade online from Symantec, always cheaper getting a new OEM version than paying full price the other way. I actually saved my Mother $104 dollars because she didn't really know what to do and when her copy came up for renew she purchased the on online from Symantec and then they upgraded her to the 360 package! So if you have a router that does Network Address Translation or an External Firewall or both, then the straight AV is all you need. Personally, Norton might use a bit more resources then say McAfee or others, but I have never gotten a Virus while Norton was on my system, though I have been using computers since before the Internet and I practice safe internet. But the other thing is this one already works with Windows 8 x64 etc...

Norton Antivirus 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC [Download]
22 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 26, 2016
The key included in these older versions will work to activate the latest version which you could download from their website. The link is included with the Key for those who have computers without an optical drive. I would recommend you buy a version like this for less money, and downloading the program from Norton, then use the key to activate the product. Just be sure to download Antivirus and not any of the other ones. I have this on 3 PC's and it works great. I like this version more than the others like 360 or Norton Security because they use far less system resources and still protect your computer. Meaning it won't slow down your computer, it runs in the background is operates pretty much invisibly.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Amart is selling a system builder (or to the rest of the world) OEM disc that is considered illegal to sell to the public for existing computers. As the term system builder and OEM imply, these discs are to be used only on new computers.
This disc is not identified for 1, or 100 users/computers, so it is with great trepidation that I started this new mystery software journey.
I thought I was getting the boxed version as shown, which Amazon should take down, but, this will never happen. You can get the boxed version at an equal price if you just take some time to search it out.
With this said, I have loaded the software on three of my four computers, and everything went smoothly. When trying to load it on the fourth, it DID hiccup and would not let me.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about just what year of Norton Antivirus to buy;
IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE. ALL YEARS WILL WORK, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A NEW PRODUCT
KEY NUMBER!
on April 23, 2014
I have used Norton Antivirus products for years, since Peter Norton (way back in the late 1980s) produced the product. Norton has always been a faithful and good protector, and only a couple times over all these years have I experienced a slight infection that was not caught. I have recommended Norton to many people who, also for many years, have used it successfully.

Norton protection comes in at least 3 varieties: Antivirus, Internet Security, and 360. While Norton adds additional features to their basic Antivirus variety, the other two do require extra resources to operate, and for some computers that do not have sufficient memory installed, the overload can slow things down some. I prefer the Antivirus variety, since I have other protections in place: a hardware firewall, a router, plus the windows supplied software firewall. The Antivirus variety does not require near the memory overhead that the other varieties use. However, with large amounts of memory (8 GB or better) and a 64 bit operating system, overhead issues should not be present. For older computers with limited memory installed, then the Antivirus variety can be a better choice.

This protection automatically keeps itself updated with the latest software revisions and the latest malware definitions, it operates in real time protection whenever the computer is turned on, and scans the computer while the computer is on but is idle. This protection is "install" and let it do its job by itself. However, anyone can manually scan and do a load of other features. I cannot fault a protection that does exactly what it is supposed to do, keeps my computers free from malware, spyware, and viruses. I recommend Norton to anyone.
on November 8, 2012
Norton antivirus is a pretty good product and I have used it for years. Doesn't slow the computer down, seems to find most of the bad stuff. I have 3 PCs that I update every year. Now, here is how Norton does that with the 3PC 1 user routine. The day that you install for 1 computer is the start of the one year for all computers. So if you install one on Dec 1 it will expire on Nov 30 next year. If you install on a second computer in July it will still expire Nov 30. So, what you need to do is install all three computers at the same time. Since I have 2012 installed the program will allow you to update to 2013 version at any time which I am already runnning. But it still expires for all three computers at the same time. So, I have already updated my computers to 2013 version and as of today I have 38 days left. Then the nag screens will come up to renew. Renewal is much more expensive than buying this fresh 3 user package so when it's time to renew I just use the activation code from the 2013 box and volla, one more year for 3 PCs, all expire on the same day. I reactivate on the day that the 2012 version expires to get the full one year out of all 3 computers. Don't fall for the renew the presently installed version over the internet. In my experience that costs more or they update to their 360 or some other version that you don't care about. One star off for the overcharging for internet renewal.
77 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 15, 2013
I chose this rating because this is the third anti-device I ordered in the last two months. This was a fast and easy download. The other 2, the download stopped and I had to call a number only to find it was a bait and switch. Their download was lengthy and when I called the number required before I could use my computer, I was told what they couldn't do and wanted me to upgrade.
This didn't happen with Norton. I downloaded and so far so good. I ordered this for one year, if It continues the good work, I will renew for a longer period.
This was uploaded on 2 computers and both are functioning fine. Thanks Norton..don't change.

Editing review. Has had this product for several months now and I am so pleased with it's performance. My computer run much smoother now, I am alerted increase in usage and shock flashes has been decreased. I bought this as a trial bases for about a year, but if this performance continue, I think I will make it annual.

So many other anti-virus companies promise to keep your computer virus free until their product is downloaded, then they start explaining what they can't do unless you upgrade for more money.
Norton did NOT do this. They are doing exactly what they advertised and the download was incredible fast.
on January 18, 2013
I have been using Norton Antivirus for several years. I like the ease of use and the protection it has given my PC's. I did have an issue when I installed the latest version. I needed to uninstall it and re-install. I just followed the on-screen prompts and had no further issues.

I want to echo what's already been stated, here: If you want to save some money, purchase this on Amazon. If you renew through Norton, you will pay top dollar. If you buy at Amazon, you may get a steep discount...

The best thing about this product was once I installed it and registered it, I was able to access the site on-line and download protection for 2 other PC's. If you have multiple PC's that need anti virus protection, this is the product for you. Stellar product as well as great on-line and phone support!
on February 23, 2013
I installed this in my laptop and two desk top's.
it worked in one like it should in my laptop i set it to scan at 7:00 pm each fri. night. it would scan when it wanted to
in my third desktop that was another ball game all togeather. it scanned right on time the first time the next time it would not do any thing. i had to download a removel tool and download from norton to get it to work.
and today feb.23,2013 i had to do the same thing again. had to download the removel tool and this time i went and got new software for one pc. so far it's working.
got this one from walmart. save your money this software will not work in three pc's now i wonder about the other two pc"s
i am thinking strong about just going ahead and get two more for the other two pc"s so i don't have to wonder about if it is realy working. save your money.
on December 14, 2012
The other types of Norton (360, etc) seem to cause conflicts, however, The BASIC Norton is the best (my opinion).
22 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 15, 2013
This new software was far cheaper than the yearly renewal price of my existing Norton antivirus program on my old desktop computer. I also loaded it on my brand new desktop computer and I loaded it on my 2 year old laptop and deleted the Kapersky which was due for renewal in less than one month. What a value!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.