Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 133 reviews
on December 30, 2016
I bought this item with my new Macbook Pro 13". Installed easily and I used the virus scanner a couple of times, all was great. After a few months, my computer would crash randomly. After a few times of this, I started to track what was causing these shut downs. I noted what applications were open, what the battery percentage was at, what I was doing when the shut down occurred. I talk with an apple support who did not have an exact answer to the problem, so I took my computer into Apple. There ran diagnostics on it for a few days and still did not have a likely answer. The technician, however, did mention that Norton on a Mac usually causes problems and that the shut downs might be from this software. I uninstalled the software, had one crash since shortly after uninstalling and have NEVER had a problem since. Norton Internet Security for Mac DOES NOT work on macs. Do not buy or install. The technician recommended ClamXav for a security software, even though Mac work really well without any security program.
on January 23, 2014
I purchased this item to install on my MacPro running OS X Mavericks and to my surprise it would not install because it is not compatible with the operating system. I based my purchase on the "System Requirements OS: Mac OS X 10.7 and above."
Unfortunately, I did not notice the conflicting statement "Not Currently Compatible Mac OS X 10.9." Yes, I was careless not noticing that the second statement negated the first... however, I did not expect to be tricked by Amazon into purchasing an outdated version of the software. My experience with Amazon has been outstanding over the years and this one, although technically my fault, it leaves me with a negative feeling. I purchased the latest version directly from the vendor and it installs without any issues. The $26.42 that I payed for the outdated version sold on the Amazon site is a total waste. The least I expect from Amazon is to refund me the $26.42 and the right thing to do is modify the conflicting statements under System Requirements to make it clear that the item is an older version that does not work with the latest version of Mac OS X.
on May 4, 2013
BUY McAfee NOT NORTON - review all the information provided to see if I could install this product and found noting to indicate that I couldn't. When following the install process I got to the "Select a Destination" step I got a message saying "Norton Internet Security can't be installed on this disk. This software cannot be installed on volumes running Mac OS X 10.7." This was not indicated on the pre-purchase "review and purchase" step in the AMAZON checkout process IN FACT it states "Platform: MAC OS X 10.7 Lion". Then come to find out that you cannot return this product as detailed in the Amazon return policy. If a company lists a product that states it can be installed on your desired product and then after purchasing it is discovered that the statement to be untrue I feel that any policy written by the company can be brought into question.
on July 20, 2013
Purchased directly from Amazon. Yes, Macs get viruses, so I decided to get this for my iMac, which I have to keep on an older, unsupported OS (leopard). This also means that my version of Firefox is older and unsupported (but I have to keep the older OS due to several older, expensive software programs on this computer). btw, when I say older, I'm talking 2009 Final Cut Studio, etc.

Norton Internet Security for Mac (also includes NIS 4 for OS 10.4.11-10.6 -- it's in it's own folder in the main install folder, if that makes sense), installed quickly and didn't cause any major issues with my internet speeds. It did seem to load pages a few seconds slower than usual the first two days, but I'm guessing it was "learning" safe sites. Now, everything loads normally.

Norton Internet Security also has a firewall, which seems to be doing a good job of blocking unwanted/suspicious connection attempts.

I delete history, including cookies every time I close my browser, and Norton didn't seem to slow down any future visits to my regular sites (Amazon, banking, etc).

Note: I turn off wi-fi and then turn off Norton if I'm running any processor-heavy programs (e.g. compressor, final cut pro), just to be safe (Norton tends to run in the background sometimes, and I don't want to risk crashing my computer when I'm working on an important project).

Overall, this was $19.99 towards peace-of-mind for when I use this Mac.

Hope that helps =)
on March 14, 2017
I am late reviewing this one, but I have not been disappointed in Norton protection.
on April 5, 2014
Every computer needs to be protected or do not get on the internet. You could be hit with port scans, spam, spim, phishing etc. You could hit a link that may take you to a site that has malicious software. So use this software.

Now Amazon needs to fix their site. This version does not support Mac OS 10.9.x; you need to get the version in the White box version 5.6.
on December 9, 2012
It stays out of my way, most of the time, and that is why I consider this product good. Considering that security suite is not as crucial for a Mac as it would be for a PC, not getting in my way is an important consideration.

What I don't like about it is that the toolbar takes away too much screen real-estate in Safari. Given the toolbar's function, which is really not that important, why would you put these huge strip over your screen. They could've just made a small site-safety-indicator as a button on the existing toolbar or the status bar. It would've been much wiser. Fortunately, the toolbar can be disabled, but since I paid money for the product I would have liked a better substitute rather than having to remove it completely.
on May 2, 2014
Amazon should have warned before buying. This product doesnt work with OSX 10.9.x (the latest OSX version for Macbook Pro Retina). However , a workaround exists. i.e download/install the free trial software from norton website. Then register it using the key you get from amazon.

Giving 3* for the inconvenience.
on August 29, 2014
I've been a Norton user on the PC side for years so I didn't hesitate to purchase the Mac product for my son who was having a problem with a virus on his Mac. I'm disappointed with the product because I can't install it apparently without calling Norton. I see others are having problems too. I'm sorry Norton has made life more complicated than it needs to be. I don't know what product to buy for Mac virus issues but I do know that this one is not the one.
on July 2, 2014
Wouldn't download on my Snow Leopard Imac. All Norton Tech support did was to try to sell me a 1 year maintenance program for $299.00 that would "correct" the situation. I was told that I could try a different Security Suite and that I would have the same problem. So I did! No problem with Kaspersky's suite. I wonder who those "Norton" techs were really working for. Anyway, Norton has lost a long time customer

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.