Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 20, 2013
Purchased directly from Amazon. Yes, Macs get viruses, so I decided to get this for my iMac, which I have to keep on an older, unsupported OS (leopard). This also means that my version of Firefox is older and unsupported (but I have to keep the older OS due to several older, expensive software programs on this computer). btw, when I say older, I'm talking 2009 Final Cut Studio, etc.

Norton Internet Security for Mac (also includes NIS 4 for OS 10.4.11-10.6 -- it's in it's own folder in the main install folder, if that makes sense), installed quickly and didn't cause any major issues with my internet speeds. It did seem to load pages a few seconds slower than usual the first two days, but I'm guessing it was "learning" safe sites. Now, everything loads normally.

Norton Internet Security also has a firewall, which seems to be doing a good job of blocking unwanted/suspicious connection attempts.

I delete history, including cookies every time I close my browser, and Norton didn't seem to slow down any future visits to my regular sites (Amazon, banking, etc).

Note: I turn off wi-fi and then turn off Norton if I'm running any processor-heavy programs (e.g. compressor, final cut pro), just to be safe (Norton tends to run in the background sometimes, and I don't want to risk crashing my computer when I'm working on an important project).

Overall, this was $19.99 towards peace-of-mind for when I use this Mac.

Hope that helps =)
on April 5, 2014
Every computer needs to be protected or do not get on the internet. You could be hit with port scans, spam, spim, phishing etc. You could hit a link that may take you to a site that has malicious software. So use this software.

Now Amazon needs to fix their site. This version does not support Mac OS 10.9.x; you need to get the version in the White box version 5.6.
on May 4, 2013
BUY McAfee NOT NORTON - review all the information provided to see if I could install this product and found noting to indicate that I couldn't. When following the install process I got to the "Select a Destination" step I got a message saying "Norton Internet Security can't be installed on this disk. This software cannot be installed on volumes running Mac OS X 10.7." This was not indicated on the pre-purchase "review and purchase" step in the AMAZON checkout process IN FACT it states "Platform: MAC OS X 10.7 Lion". Then come to find out that you cannot return this product as detailed in the Amazon return policy. If a company lists a product that states it can be installed on your desired product and then after purchasing it is discovered that the statement to be untrue I feel that any policy written by the company can be brought into question.
on March 14, 2017
I am late reviewing this one, but I have not been disappointed in Norton protection.
on January 23, 2014
I purchased this item to install on my MacPro running OS X Mavericks and to my surprise it would not install because it is not compatible with the operating system. I based my purchase on the "System Requirements OS: Mac OS X 10.7 and above."
Unfortunately, I did not notice the conflicting statement "Not Currently Compatible Mac OS X 10.9." Yes, I was careless not noticing that the second statement negated the first... however, I did not expect to be tricked by Amazon into purchasing an outdated version of the software. My experience with Amazon has been outstanding over the years and this one, although technically my fault, it leaves me with a negative feeling. I purchased the latest version directly from the vendor and it installs without any issues. The $26.42 that I payed for the outdated version sold on the Amazon site is a total waste. The least I expect from Amazon is to refund me the $26.42 and the right thing to do is modify the conflicting statements under System Requirements to make it clear that the item is an older version that does not work with the latest version of Mac OS X.
on August 29, 2014
I've been a Norton user on the PC side for years so I didn't hesitate to purchase the Mac product for my son who was having a problem with a virus on his Mac. I'm disappointed with the product because I can't install it apparently without calling Norton. I see others are having problems too. I'm sorry Norton has made life more complicated than it needs to be. I don't know what product to buy for Mac virus issues but I do know that this one is not the one.
on July 2, 2014
Wouldn't download on my Snow Leopard Imac. All Norton Tech support did was to try to sell me a 1 year maintenance program for $299.00 that would "correct" the situation. I was told that I could try a different Security Suite and that I would have the same problem. So I did! No problem with Kaspersky's suite. I wonder who those "Norton" techs were really working for. Anyway, Norton has lost a long time customer
on September 4, 2012
I purchased this software because it was suggested by Amazon when I purchased a Macbook Pro. Shame on you, Amazon. I couldn't install it because it doesn't support the latest version of OSX. I called Norton and was on hold for over an hour. I finally spoke to someone who opened a ticket and placed me on hold - this time for 20 minutes. The support tech was able to log in on my computer and install the software, but the whole experience was an inconvenience. Amazon shouldn't be suggesting an item for purchase that won't work.
on November 20, 2013
Contrary to Amazon's warning, the current version of Symantec Internet Security for Mac is now (November 20, 2013) Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks compatible. I originally included a weblink from Symantec's website where they state this news but Amazon does not permit external weblinks. If you go to Symantec's website, you should be able to confirm my statement. Amazon, please remove the Warning.

By W. McKelvy (Memphis, TN)
on June 27, 2016
The virus detection works fine but Norton will not support the Internet Security portion unless your system is OS10.7 or above.
I would caution others to check their system.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.