Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 20, 2013
Purchased directly from Amazon. Yes, Macs get viruses, so I decided to get this for my iMac, which I have to keep on an older, unsupported OS (leopard). This also means that my version of Firefox is older and unsupported (but I have to keep the older OS due to several older, expensive software programs on this computer). btw, when I say older, I'm talking 2009 Final Cut Studio, etc.

Norton Internet Security for Mac (also includes NIS 4 for OS 10.4.11-10.6 -- it's in it's own folder in the main install folder, if that makes sense), installed quickly and didn't cause any major issues with my internet speeds. It did seem to load pages a few seconds slower than usual the first two days, but I'm guessing it was "learning" safe sites. Now, everything loads normally.

Norton Internet Security also has a firewall, which seems to be doing a good job of blocking unwanted/suspicious connection attempts.

I delete history, including cookies every time I close my browser, and Norton didn't seem to slow down any future visits to my regular sites (Amazon, banking, etc).

Note: I turn off wi-fi and then turn off Norton if I'm running any processor-heavy programs (e.g. compressor, final cut pro), just to be safe (Norton tends to run in the background sometimes, and I don't want to risk crashing my computer when I'm working on an important project).

Overall, this was $19.99 towards peace-of-mind for when I use this Mac.

Hope that helps =)
One person found this helpful
on April 5, 2014
Every computer needs to be protected or do not get on the internet. You could be hit with port scans, spam, spim, phishing etc. You could hit a link that may take you to a site that has malicious software. So use this software.

Now Amazon needs to fix their site. This version does not support Mac OS 10.9.x; you need to get the version in the White box version 5.6.
4 people found this helpful
on May 4, 2013
BUY McAfee NOT NORTON - review all the information provided to see if I could install this product and found noting to indicate that I couldn't. When following the install process I got to the "Select a Destination" step I got a message saying "Norton Internet Security can't be installed on this disk. This software cannot be installed on volumes running Mac OS X 10.7." This was not indicated on the pre-purchase "review and purchase" step in the AMAZON checkout process IN FACT it states "Platform: MAC OS X 10.7 Lion". Then come to find out that you cannot return this product as detailed in the Amazon return policy. If a company lists a product that states it can be installed on your desired product and then after purchasing it is discovered that the statement to be untrue I feel that any policy written by the company can be brought into question.
3 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2017
I am late reviewing this one, but I have not been disappointed in Norton protection.
One person found this helpful
on September 14, 2012
I bought this as a precaution against Internet viruses. It seems to scan my files quickly and remain out of the way when not wanted. BUT, when you decide to not use this software anymore, norton puts a VERY ANNOYING ad window on your computer trying to get you to renew. I could find no way to permanently delete their ad window. As my British friends would say, "Poor Form".
on June 1, 2013
I bought this software as a gift for my son for his MAC computer. He had no security software and I was determined not to get him into the same trap that I had been in where when your computer crashes and you have to reload the software you don't have the disks and have to beg the manufacturer for the software.
on August 29, 2014
I've been a Norton user on the PC side for years so I didn't hesitate to purchase the Mac product for my son who was having a problem with a virus on his Mac. I'm disappointed with the product because I can't install it apparently without calling Norton. I see others are having problems too. I'm sorry Norton has made life more complicated than it needs to be. I don't know what product to buy for Mac virus issues but I do know that this one is not the one.
on August 17, 2013
Installed on a new MacBook Pro that had very little loaded and it S-L-O-W-E-D it down so much, I thought I was on a PC again. Uninstalled Norton (using its uninstall program) and installed Sophos which has been running well. Norton either needs an update or a revamp!
on January 23, 2014
I purchased this item to install on my MacPro running OS X Mavericks and to my surprise it would not install because it is not compatible with the operating system. I based my purchase on the "System Requirements OS: Mac OS X 10.7 and above."
Unfortunately, I did not notice the conflicting statement "Not Currently Compatible Mac OS X 10.9." Yes, I was careless not noticing that the second statement negated the first... however, I did not expect to be tricked by Amazon into purchasing an outdated version of the software. My experience with Amazon has been outstanding over the years and this one, although technically my fault, it leaves me with a negative feeling. I purchased the latest version directly from the vendor and it installs without any issues. The $26.42 that I payed for the outdated version sold on the Amazon site is a total waste. The least I expect from Amazon is to refund me the $26.42 and the right thing to do is modify the conflicting statements under System Requirements to make it clear that the item is an older version that does not work with the latest version of Mac OS X.
3 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on October 6, 2015
good product, fully mac compatible, make sure you frequently update and scan for best results.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.